Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2017, 01:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion, I answered two of your questions without breathin in between

I have to reread How We Got Where We're Going

the rest belonged to Leather Bound you were asking about it how Brian met Justin there cause it is AU
That's the fic I was was referring to in Gale's thread BECAUSE GALE'S STILL SO SIZZLING!!! And G/R STILL project that chemistry that comes right out of the TV screen!! And it's sooooo easy to buy that they're still insatiable animals with each other even after 19 years.

How We Got Where We're Going by Allie on the B/J Fanfic site.

NO!! Sorry for MY confusion!! LOL

I tried Leather Bound. Again, I need a reason for Brian to be so submissive. I just couldn't buy him relinquishing all control during his very first encounter with Justin. I couldn't move past it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I've been known to abandon stories.

For example: I abhor when writers use direct dialogue from the show.
I like that. The references give me a familiar feeling like (and I do this too) when they say "and not in a positive, life-affirming way."

Quote:
Or when Brian is ready to become monogamous and Justin refuses...
Seriously??? Does the story give valid reasons for this behavior reversal? Again, you can sell me anything as long as the reasoning's tight as a drum.

Quote:
OR, I started one recently where Justin called Gus, "Gus-Gus" and Gus called Justin, Jus-Jus.
Was Gus 5 or like 17? Ewwwwwww.

Quote:
Oh...and a$$-baby Jesus stories.
When we were first talking about MPREGs and you mentioned in Frayach's it was a C-section and I asked what other kind would it be and you mentioned a$$ birth it scarred me for a couple of weeks!! LMAO

Hope you made it home OK and that your back's not totally seized up from the drive.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Thanks for the link Beth

I stopped reading the abandond fic... it was too good to let me be dissapointed because its not finished.. I stiill wonder why people do that..

I started an other AU story yesterday

When memories are gone

its not bad, but totally OOC.. and you easily could replace the names.. but the story is cute, although a few plotwholes are there... I will finish it, but I won't download it to keep.. I think reading once is enough

icon by Daggi
Old 11-14-2017, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
The references give me a familiar feeling like (and I do this too) when they say "and not in a positive, life-affirming way."
Oh...I don't mind references. I'm talking about direct scene ripoffs...like, the entire scene where B/J meets. "How's it going? Had a busy night, etc..."

That to me is lazy writing and actually embarrassing to read. If I want direct dialogue, I'll watch the show.

It was quick, but I didn't like the marriage ceremony in one of the pics where Brian had the entire street lamp meeting. Like...why in the world would you do a re-enactment for you wedding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
Thanks for the link Beth

I stopped reading the abandond fic... it was too good to let me be dissapointed because its not finished.. I stiill wonder why people do that..

I started an other AU story yesterday

When memories are gone

its not bad, but totally OOC.. and you easily could replace the names.. but the story is cute, although a few plotwholes are there... I will finish it, but I won't download it to keep.. I think reading once is enough
I thought I'd read that story before, but I hadn't. I might give it a try.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

I REALLY need to find time... I haven't even been able to read lately (except for my beta work)... I have an idea I have been writing my notes for and I want to be writing, but just not feasible in like 10 minutes blocks of time.

this wedding might be the death of me, but once it's over, I hope to be back and writing!!!!
Old 11-14-2017, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiebun (View Post)
I REALLY need to find time... I haven't even been able to read lately (except for my beta work)... I have an idea I have been writing my notes for and I want to be writing, but just not feasible in like 10 minutes blocks of time.

this wedding might be the death of me, but once it's over, I hope to be back and writing!!!!
Wait!! Are you and Chris making it official?
Old 11-14-2017, 12:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Daggi wrote: I stopped reading the abandond fic... it was too good to let me be dissapointed because its not finished.. I stiill wonder why people do that..
Daggi, were you reading Moon and Master? I'm so sorry I led you to an abandoned fic. But, what did you think? Was it believable? Did you accept Brian's explanation of why he needed it? I'm really curious about your opinion.

Quote:
Deborah wrote:It was quick, but I didn't like the marriage ceremony in one of the pics where Brian had the entire street lamp meeting. Like...why in the world would you do a re-enactment for you wedding?
Um...yeah, I see what you mean.

When I read Allie's story it was about Gus at 17. I thought it was pretty adorable how she incorporated Brian's "usuals' into Gus's personality. Forehead to forehead, rolling his tongue in his cheek, and sometimes a bit of Brian's snarkiness. He was also angsty and the spitting image of Brian (believable considering what 5 year old Gus looked like) so I just kept picturing, like this...

____________________________________________________________________________________

What's so freaky about reading these fanfics is the span of 20 years. I just got done with Allie's How We Got Where We're Going taking place in 2019. Totally believable b/c it's almost 2018. Since we can use the visual of how G/R look now and seem to interact it's easy to imagine B/J still being insatiable after almost 20 years together.

Now I'm reading Experiment by Wren. It takes place in early season 4 and is canon divergent. It's about 2 years since they met.

It's like a sliding scale of time. No matter when we read about these two over a twenty year span their love, angst, and sexual attraction jumps off the page.

Weird and normal at the same time.

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-14-2017 at 02:34 PM
Old 11-15-2017, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love Gus stories, when they're done well.

Thinking about Ethan since his thread discussion...have you read anything by Myrna? This one has 4 parts, one is from Ethan's POV. This makes more sense to me than anything. *Warning* AU, but I.C.

If You Needed Me
Old 11-15-2017, 11:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

Thinking about Ethan since his thread discussion...have you read anything by Myrna? This one has 4 parts, one is from Ethan's POV. This makes more sense to me than anything. *Warning* AU, but I.C.

If You Needed Me
Myrna's name sounds familiar. Was she writing during the original airing? Maybe I read it back then.

Deborah, I trust you. And, you've led me down paths I thought I couldn't take and rather they were awesome and unforgettable.

But, I can't wrap my head around AU. I've been trying. I began several AU's but I just can't continue reading.

I defend Ethan b/c I think Cowlip did a rotten job from A to Z, from B to J to E on this story line. But, I cannot stand him. And, I'm really not interested in his point of view.

But, again, thank you sooooo much, Deborah. SMOOCHES.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:

If You Needed Me
Ooh, I will take a look.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 11-15-2017, 06:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Wait!! Are you and Chris making it official?
yes ma'am... in April we figure after 21 years, it's finally time lol
Old 11-16-2017, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiebun (View Post)
yes ma'am... in April we figure after 21 years, it's finally time lol
congratulations I would say 21 years are proof enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianitesince2001 (View Post)
Daggi, were you reading Moon and Master? I'm so sorry I led you to an abandoned fic. But, what did you think? Was it believable? Did you accept Brian's explanation of why he needed it? I'm really curious about your opinion.
The sroy is really well written and I liked it very much, that is the main reason I stopped reading at a point were I was ok with the ending.. I just can't stand when a fic ends without a real end that's why I normally avoid WIPs.. I started a few ones that sounded so promising and sadly never get updated..

Spoiler:

icon by Daggi

Last edited by Giotto; 11-16-2017 at 01:51 AM
Old 11-16-2017, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's a shame that you won't give Myrna's fic a try, Beth. She's another brilliant writer. What I meant by AU is: there is an issue that has a POV from Ethan, Michael, Brian and Justin. One of the things I enjoyed about the fic is each POV becomes intertwined, so we experience one POV being experienced by the others. Also...there are no bad guys. The AU is the reason this all came together.

I cannot read abandoned pics. I avoid WIP's anyway. I've been disappointed in the past.

Kathy: I am SOOO happy for you!
Old 11-16-2017, 06:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
congratulations I would say 21 years are proof enough

The sroy is really well written and I liked it very much, that is the main reason I stopped reading at a point were I was ok with the ending.. I just can't stand when a fic ends without a real end that's why I normally avoid WIPs.. I started a few ones that sounded so promising and sadly never get updated..

Spoiler:
I would never have begun Moon and Master had I known it was abandoned, believe me. LOL

I completely understand where you're coming from. The reason I believed it is b/c A) it's season 5 so it took a loooooooong time for Brian to arrive to this conclusion. and B) it's my own projection of feelings that Brian's tired, wounded, and just wants to end the facade and hand over the reigns for somebody else to control everything.

But, again, I think your points are completely valid. Had I not been in the space I'm now in I probably would've cringed and stopped reading after the first few pages.

Quote:
That's a shame that you won't give Myrna's fic a try, Beth. She's another brilliant writer. What I meant by AU is: there is an issue that has a POV from Ethan, Michael, Brian and Justin. One of the things I enjoyed about the fic is each POV becomes intertwined, so we experience one POV being experienced by the others. Also...there are no bad guys. The AU is the reason this all came together.

I cannot read abandoned pics. I avoid WIP's anyway. I've been disappointed in the past.
Deborah, is Myrna a writer from when the show was airing? I swear I know her name.

I just can't do AU. My suspension of belief isn't that deep. I can be led gradually to the unthinkable through a canon or canon divergent story if the author makes me believe it. But, I can't just step off the curb into some fantasy where Justin's older than Brian and they're pharmaceutical reps or something like that.

Anyway, I've dropped the fics for awhile. I can't write fics so I'm actually moving my fantasy along in my own mind. Very interesting experience. I feel like I'm writing and reading it at the same time. But, it's all unfolding.

Really strangely, it's an actual story with plots, moving parts, and I'm working towards an ending. I'm enjoying my Brian and Justin and I'm loving how they're working as a team and growing as partners.

They decided not to get married. But, Brian travels with the rings wherever he goes and keeps them in his laptop bag. It just makes him feel closer to Justin even when he's going to see Justin. He's in NYC b/c they just bought a brownstone and an office bldg they're planning to renovate.

They decided that, like Justin said, they didn't need rings or vows to prove their love to each other. Since he had the rings on him they went to the jewelers. They asked to have the rings interlocked with each other (picture two of the five Olympic rings) and they had a plaque made with the interlocking rings.

The plaque says Brian and Justin, then shows the rings, then underneath it says transcendental love. The plaque's in that glittering, opaque, yet transparent Mother of Pearl. It's shimmering but you can't quite reach out and touch the shimmer before the light changes it. It's as iridescent and untouchable as their love.

They keep the plaque on top of their bed's headboard. It's only for them to see and it's not on display. It's nobody's business but their own.

That's just one little tiny bit of my thoughts.

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-16-2017 at 07:23 AM
Old 11-16-2017, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Beth: Have you considered having someone write the story with you? It sounds like an absolutely wonderful fic. I know that there are a group of ladies on Kinnetik Dreams who write together...this might be a wonderful idea.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Beth: Have you considered having someone write the story with you? It sounds like an absolutely wonderful fic. I know that there are a group of ladies on Kinnetik Dreams who write together...this might be a wonderful idea.
Well, I posted some portions of it in this thread a while back.

I thank you for the suggestion. The reason I'm going to keep it in my own head is b/c it's a neurotic necessity for me to spell out ALL the details. And, nobody wants to read that.

I'd have a hard time writing with somebody when he or she needed to gloss over (for the sake of all the readers)...

what they ate for each meal and exactly where 7th Ave is in conjunction to Bleeker, Barrow, Christopher, Gay Streets, and Washington Square Park,

where all of the restaurants are in proximity to their home and office (only a block away from each other by an act of magical serendipity),

and how much they paid for their turn key brownstone ($5.5 mil) which they got without a bidding war b/c they skyped the owners, a lovely gay couple Luc and Bernard who retired to France and B/J appealed to the older couple's sense of romance and "young" love,

and how they merged their money - Brian had been collecting and saving for this moment a long time. He had $15 mil. Justin had $3 mil. When Brian heard that he was naked jumping up and down on the bed d--- swinging in the air at how proud he was of Justin.

Justin couldn't understand the reaction. Brian told him how easy it was for him to make money. He just went out and grabbed clients, had them sign a contract and he got much money.

Justin had to paint each canvas by hand. HE was the commodity. There was no assembly line. Each client was probably a one-off. No contracts were signed with a timely commission.

$3 mil in Justin's wallet was like $50 mil in Brian's,

and where their string of conveniences are (and I had to list them and place them geographically) such as, liquor store, dry cleaners, fruits/veg, butcher, supermarket, sex store, etc.,

and how they had to grab the taxi to mid-town to sign a commitment for the office bldg they found on the corner of Barrow and Bedford but that they took a risk b/c the bldg hadn't been inspected yet,

so they went down to City Hall for a list of recommended building inspectors and Brian immediately smelled that the whole list was corrupt as was the woman who handed it to him,

and how much he was paying Cynthia to move there and how much raise to up her cost of living (BTW - $10,000 bonus, moving and traveling expenses, $125,000 up from $60,000 [with the contingency she moved to the Village and close by] and she gets on Kinnetik NYC's expense acct when she gets there, which is in three months), and on and on and on...

GET IT??? These are absolutely essentials for my brain to process this story and I didn't even touch on 5/6 of the details. I haven't even touched on what B/J are evolving into. I have to keep this one to myself. I NEED the details. If another writer were to wisely give them a vague tribute in order to move the story along it would kill me.

But, thanks, Deborah. *kisses and hugs you*

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-16-2017 at 07:35 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread