Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2016, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It is
Old 05-11-2016, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I'm going to put the whole collection on my kindle when I'm back and then get lost in an other big story for a few weeks

icon by Daggi
Old 05-11-2016, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
I'm going to put the whole collection on my kindle when I'm back and then get lost in an other big story for a few weeks
You do that hun! I posted the link ages ago and ... nothing! Although, TBH, I love it so much that I don't really care what anyone else thinks! I sent the early chapters to a previous poster here and I think she's loving it ..

.. OMB, your "Flowers song" just came up on my playlist as I was posting hun, for the first time in an absolute age! I love this track

Last edited by Zebbers; 05-11-2016 at 01:26 PM
Old 05-11-2016, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbers (View Post)
You do that hun! I posted the link ages ago and ... nothing!
I know you did, cause I had it bookmarked already

I think I was lost in that fantasyseries for ages now have to finish the last 40 pages when I go to bed, so I can read the few short ones I have on my kindle when I'm away

and then I'm getting lost again

icon by Daggi
Old 05-12-2016, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I simply cannot drag myself away from the Quest series .. and I was SO happy to find that the author is still adding new chapters here and there .. I absolutely adore this snapshot of Brian and Justin's life .. little vignettes here and there .. just a fabulous meandering through the lives of two beautiful people!

And now that I've read the whole thing through once, I can just dip in and out of my favourite bits!

I adore this author

I love this Brian/Daph chapter and it can SO be read as a stand alone

She's Gone - ebbj9891 - Queer as Folk (US) [Archive of Our Own]
Thanks, Debs. I still haven't read that series yet. At one point (about a year ago), I contacted the author about the order in which to read them (at that time it wasn't really clear).

This was written by emmyn for me for the QAF Gift Exchange 2015. I think I posted this before, but it was a long time ago.

Telling Stories by emmyn
Old 05-12-2016, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Thanks, Debs. I still haven't read that series yet. At one point (about a year ago), I contacted the author about the order in which to read them (at that time it wasn't really clear).

This was written by emmyn for me for the QAF Gift Exchange 2015. I think I posted this before, but it was a long time ago.

Telling Stories by emmyn

Nope, I don't remember reading Telling Stories before .. thank you for posting it!

I don't think it matters about the timeline for Quest .. but I get that no~one's going to read it!

C'est pas grave. I love it and that's enough for me .. and Victoria is about to start it so maybe I'll be able to discuss it there .. and leave you lot to your really bizarre AU stuff!

I'll leave the link to the Brian/Daph chapter because I do think that's gorgeous, but I won't post any more links!
Old 05-12-2016, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

I intend on reading it. When I have the chance.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I intend on reading it. When I have the chance.
It's probably WAY too anodyne for you hun .. but I love that the author is still adding to her work .. and not at the end of the series, just randomly through it! Plays havoc with my numbering on Kindle mind you! `
Old 05-13-2016, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's definitely NOT too "anodyne" for me. I've read a couple of her stories and liked them. I enjoy stories that show the family aspect of Brian and Justin and include Gus and the others. They don't have to be really angsty and have in your face sex.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Nope, I don't remember reading Telling Stories before .. thank you for posting it!

I don't think it matters about the timeline for Quest .. but I get that no~one's going to read it!

C'est pas grave. I love it and that's enough for me .. and Victoria is about to start it so maybe I'll be able to discuss it there .. and leave you lot to your really bizarre AU stuff!

I'll leave the link to the Brian/Daph chapter because I do think that's gorgeous, but I won't post any more links!
OMG, the Quest series is one of my favorites... I've read them all (except the new update, havne't gotten to it yet)... it is sooo good.. I started reading them as one shots, then went back and read them in order, so much better in that order... and I LOVE the Brian/Daph relationship that forms. this series is amazing!
Old 05-13-2016, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

OMB Kathy ~ a fellow fan I think it's an ah~mazing series and I just cannot stop reading it! Thank you I adore the relationship between Brian and Daph .. that's why I posted that chapter link because I think that's exactly how Brian would react

Can't wait to read your latest creation later in the year hun

Deborah, trust me, there is A LOT of in your face sex in this series!

Last edited by Zebbers; 05-13-2016 at 11:05 AM
Old 05-14-2016, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I adore the relationship between Brian and Daph .. that's why I posted that chapter link because I think that's exactly how Brian would react
Do you think it will mess up my order of reading, if I read this one first?
Old 05-14-2016, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Do you think it will mess up my order of reading, if I read this one first?
No way! I think they can ALL be read as stand alone fics .. as Kathy said. I just posted this because it's just .. well, it's just .. so read it hun!

The author has made recent additions to her oeuvre but they're slotted in to earlier episodes rather than being a continuation of her last chapter ...

And anyway, I had chapter 59 as a stand alone for so long before I realised there was all this before and after!
Old 05-14-2016, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just realized…I have "Distance" and "Off and Away", the first 2 parts on my Kindle!
Old 05-14-2016, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe you'll get round to reading them one day and we can talk about it here

Or maybe not ....
Closed Thread   Post New Thread