Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 02:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yes, I've started reading QAF fan fic. You guys are a bad influence on me
I never even knew there was a fan fic world out there (for any characters/shows) until i found this thread.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star11 (View Post)
Yes, I've started reading QAF fan fic. You guys are a bad influence on me
I never even knew there was a fan fic world out there (for any characters/shows) until i found this thread.
OMB! I resisted it for such a long time because I thought I knew in my head how B/J were after 513 .. and then I read a G/R fic and I was totally smitten .. but for ages after that I still wouldn't touch B/J fics!!

Now, I can't understand my resistance .. although I have to say that at the moment I am totally involved in some seriously, seriously hot Adam Lambert/Tommy Joe Ratliff fics ..

But if you ever need any recommendations, this is the place to ask ...
Old 08-15-2015, 02:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

I resisted for a long time because I didn't like the stories I was reading getting mixed up in my head with the show itself. But, I guess I've figured out to separate the two. And I can always go back and re-watch the show. And some of those stories out there are hot, hot, hot. I do like both G/R and B/J.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star11 (View Post)
I resisted for a long time because I didn't like the stories I was reading getting mixed up in my head with the show itself. But, I guess I've figured out to separate the two. And I can always go back and re-watch the show. And some of those stories out there are hot, hot, hot. I do like both G/R and B/J.
I'm happy to hear that hun because a lot of people, apparently, don't like G/R fic!
Old 08-15-2015, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wouldn't read FF for the longest time and G/R fic for even longer. Now I'm hooked.

BTW…Daggi: I just finished EAB. WTF???
Old 08-16-2015, 01:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I wouldn't read FF for the longest time and G/R fic for even longer. Now I'm hooked.

Is that a bad "WTF"?
Old 08-16-2015, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbers (View Post)
Is that a bad "WTF"?
Too much "Justin down a well". I've never seen so many evil/stalker/ scenarios and Brian making ridiculous choices and changes of mind from one page to the next. Just when one antagonist was handled, another would pop up. It was angsty, but not in a good way. But like a train wreck, I couldn't look away.

It kept my attention, but it made me realize how many people want to keep Brian the same and make Justin a victim. Oh…and the Bad!Mikey was OTT.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Too much "Justin down a well". I've never seen so many evil/stalker/ scenarios and Brian making ridiculous choices and changes of mind from one page to the next. Just when one antagonist was handled, another would pop up. It was angsty, but not in a good way. But like a train wreck, I couldn't look away.

It kept my attention, but it made me realize how many people want to keep Brian the same and make Justin a victim. Oh…and the Bad!Mikey was OTT.

OMB! Definitely one for me to avoid then!
Old 08-16-2015, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
OMB! Definitely one for me to avoid then!
I think it could have been at least 400 pages shorter. I'm not dissing the story, just that there was too much going on. It's obvious the author put a lot of time and energy into that story.
Old 08-16-2015, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:

I told you i was not kidding, and yes it could have been shorter, but i couldn't stop reading it either...

The whole thing has a lot of heartache in it..... i just wanted to crawl inside and comfort people in it, and it akmot caused a heattattack at the end....

Spoiler:

At the moment i'm almost halfway through the kondo series, and even me finds a lot if grammar and spelling or wordmistakes.. i'm wondering if nobody does a beta on the stories i wouldn't dare to put it online without somebody correcting my mistakes

But although i want to go through it with red ink, i can stand above it and go on reading

icon by Daggi
Old 08-16-2015, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
I told you i was not kidding, and yes it could have been shorter, but i couldn't stop reading it either...

The whole thing has a lot of heartache in it..... i just wanted to crawl inside and comfort people in it, and it akmot caused a heattattack at the end....

Spoiler:

At the moment i'm almost halfway through the kondo series, and even me finds a lot if grammar and spelling or wordmistakes.. i'm wondering if nobody does a beta on the stories i wouldn't dare to put it online without somebody correcting my mistakes

But although i want to go through it with red ink, i can stand above it and go on reading
Then…the conversation about:

Spoiler:
Old 08-16-2015, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

OMFG .. please tell me that conversation didn't really happen!! Honestly someone had Teddy and Em having that conversation!!

Old 08-16-2015, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
OMFG .. please tell me that conversation didn't really happen!! Honestly someone had Teddy and Em having that conversation!!

It became a mini-PSA.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It became a mini-PSA.

Perhaps the writer is +ve? But if not, that is such an 80s thought to have!
Old 08-16-2015, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Perhaps the writer is +ve? But if not, that is such an 80s thought to have!
Spoiler:

But it had EXCESSIVE uses of Blonde, Blond, Brunet, Brunett, smaller man, larger man, shorter man, older man, younger man, blue eyed, hazel eyed…etc etc etc.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread