Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Oh...I'm sorry baby. I'll be more cautious about posting with warnings in the future.
No probs hun ... knowing me, I'll probably go back and read it tomorrow, just one of those days I guess!!!

God I read sooooo much last night ... lots of Frayach's work ... and the comments left!
Old 04-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Absolute Fan

For those of you who were too traumatized with the ending of the previous chapter (), I recommend you to try this one. Trust me! Despite everything, I think you might like it

Chapter 5 - I'm onto you Show Chapter | Archive of Our Own
Old 04-01-2014, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanquinine (View Post)
For those of you who were too traumatized with the ending of the previous chapter (), I recommend you to try this one. Trust me! Despite everything, I think you might like it

Chapter 5 - I'm onto you Show Chapter | Archive of Our Own
OMG, thank you!!! I haven't read it yet, but it can't be any more traumatic than the ending of c4!!!

Get back to you in a min!!!

Edit
OK: More laughter than tears, which is good ... and we all know how wasted Brian gets when he's low. Still love it honeybun although the one thing I have not done so far is go back and read all the chapters together! I've read all of them "more than once" ... as in "he's a guy I " ... but not all together! But I have a retentive memory and I think I want to go back and read the whole thing ONLY once it's a complete ... and by then it will probably be added to those that I just can't stop reading.

I also marvel that english is not your first language!!! Would that I could always be so erudite ..and it IS my first language!!!

Oh and "Mommy says that pushing people is bad." .......... !!!!!! I'm just repeating it without comment!!!

Last edited by Zebbers; 04-01-2014 at 04:45 PM
Old 04-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Absolute Fan

Yay!

I'm so happy you like it Debs! I hope you read it all again when it's done, that means it's good enough 'til the end!

I know it's kind of annoying to read a story bit by bit. I wish I was like that author Deborah mentioned, who only posts stories that she already completed. Unfortunately, I'm a feedback whore I'm afraid I would lose my motivation in the middle of the thing if I didn't have people reading and counting on me to write more

And I hope that the 'repeat without comment' part is a somehow positive thing
Old 04-02-2014, 03:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yay!

I'm so happy you like it Debs! I hope you read it all again when it's done, that means it's good enough 'til the end!

I know it's kind of annoying to read a story bit by bit. I wish I was like that author Deborah mentioned, who only posts stories that she already completed. Unfortunately, I'm a feedback whore I'm afraid I would lose my motivation in the middle of the thing if I didn't have people reading and counting on me to write more

And I hope that the 'repeat without comment' part is a somehow positive thing
Yes, it is and I was going to elaborate but then realised that not everyone would have read the chapter and didn't want to spoil it!

If you weren't participating here hun, I wouldn't be reading this until it was finished!!
Old 04-02-2014, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

About a month ago, a fanfic writer, with a WIP, sent me 19 chapters of her story in Word format.

I started reading it a while ago, only getting to chapter 3, then picked it up again a couple of nights ago and am now on 12. It has gotten SOOOO good.

Anyway, it's called The Offer Still Stands and I'm trying to find out if the author as posted it anywhere other than LJ.

UPDATE: Warning: It has psycho Mikey and pretty angsty and starts right after Justin leaves in 507. The Offer Still Stands... by 7wildwaysup

Last edited by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥; 04-02-2014 at 11:11 AM
Old 04-02-2014, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Psycho Mikey ... AND angsty!!! Ummm, perhaps not when I'm sitting here listening (as I type) to Let's Hear It For The Boy!!

But I did read these last night ... and four of them again several times today!!!! They're fun and hot and and the Phone S*x one is laugh out loud funny!

Everything He Knows - Frayach - Queer as Folk (US) [Archive of Our Own]

I wouldn't read the first again and I couldn't deal with the sixth, but the others are funny and cute and loving ... and very B/J .. and light-hearted but serious too.

Anyway, they're quick and easy to read!

Last edited by Zebbers; 04-02-2014 at 03:07 PM
Old 04-02-2014, 03:08 PM
Absolute Fan

Next time I read fanfiction (an once in a century event, apparently ) i'm definitely going for Frayach's. To write a Brian mpreg that I actually liked to the point that I couldn't stop reading (depression aside)... She really is something!
Old 04-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Next time I read fanfiction (an once in a century event, apparently ) i'm definitely going for Frayach's. To write a Brian mpreg that I actually liked to the point that I couldn't stop reading (depression aside)... She really is something!
I'd never heard of mpreg until Deborah recommended this ... so I had no idea that it was a genre! But this was so perfect and I've read it many times!!! Wouldn't read anything like it again though but she kept the characters so totally true.

The ones I've just mentioned are 6 stand alone shorties and they are hot so if you have a couple of minutes you should dip in .. !!! I've just read my four faves again and they make me laugh!!
Old 04-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I had never read an mpreg fic in my life. We used to do cross-genre challenges in my GR group and that was one, that I refused to read. I don't even know why I read Fray's, but I'm glad I did. I won't even attempt another one.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
I had never read an mpreg fic in my life. We used to do cross-genre challenges in my GR group and that was one, that I refused to read. I don't even know why I read Fray's, but I'm glad I did. I won't even attempt another one.
I definitely know what you mean. One's good, but I don't want to push it.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 04-02-2014, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm glad you did too otherwise I'd never have read it ... nor the others that I've read as a result!
Old 04-03-2014, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm on chapter 14 of "The Offer Still Stands", and it's oh so good!
Old 04-03-2014, 06:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbers (View Post)
Oh, I mentioned it recently here ... it's called Becoming Brian Kinney and it's only the author's second fanfic ... and they've only been into QaF since the start of the year!

I found it as a result of reading the comments left for Frayach and "Brink!"
After your lovely comment on Archive of Our Own about how you were touting my story to the FanFic group, I felt I needed to come on here and thank you in person.

Becoming Brian Kinney is a WIP, but I am very committed to finishing it, have the whole thing (more or less) plotted out in my head and can't wait to get it all down on paper. (Unfortunately life and work get in the way.)

Oh, and you are correct - I am a he - I had no idea the fanfic community was so heavily female, but there you have it.

Final note: like you, I had stumbled onto Frayach's mpreg story after reading Winter/Spring. I had no idea it was a whole sub-genre and only found out after asking her how she'd come up with such an unusual idea for a plot twist. It's handled very well though and everyone seems true to character, pregnant or not.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHampton (View Post)
After your lovely comment on Archive of Our Own about how you were touting my story to the FanFic group, I felt I needed to come on here and thank you in person.

Becoming Brian Kinney is a WIP, but I am very committed to finishing it, have the whole thing (more or less) plotted out in my head and can't wait to get it all down on paper. (Unfortunately life and work get in the way.)

Oh, and you are correct - I am a he - I had no idea the fanfic community was so heavily female, but there you have it.

Final note: like you, I had stumbled onto Frayach's mpreg story after reading Winter/Spring. I had no idea it was a whole sub-genre and only found out after asking her how she'd come up with such an unusual idea for a plot twist. It's handled very well though and everyone seems true to character, pregnant or not.
Hello there…and welcome!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread