Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2020, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
I totally know what you mean Denise. we now have two cases of it closer to us too.. it just sucks that people still go to endangered zones just because they want to go skiing

as bad as that virus is.. the worst thing in my eyes is the media which cause panic without end.. yes the virus is serious, but it is not as bad as they make it so cities have to be closed off and people are getting treated bad.. instead they should update people and calm them down..

just for an example... in Germany we have now about I would say maximum of 50 people that were or still are sick with the corona virus, non of them died yet, most cured ones say they barley were sick at all.. and all the news tell you how bad and dangerous that virus is... but not once do they mention the 20000 sick people of the influenca virus and there10% (2000) people already died .. so that is just ridiculous.. the best thing you can do is wash your hands and desinfect them before touching your face or others..
stay away from really big events

In my eyes, a lot more people probably are infected without even realising or knowing, cause they don't even get sick or just think they have a cold or something.. only if you were in an area before where you know you could be infected, you probably think about having it
I definitely agree. You really have to keep a level head in situation like this. The media does not help matters much with the overblown, in-depth coverage of every new case that pops up. It's mass hysteria that culminates in the gutting of store shelves holding certain sanitization products, such as hand sanitizer and soap, as well as toiletries, food, and other necessities. I understand having a genuine concern for one's shelf supply, but taking ALL of it so no one else has the opportunity to stock up isn't okay either. I just wish people would calm down but still remain on high alert.

Literally every store I've been to is missing sanitizer WTF? That's fine, though, because the real weapons of this virus are soap, water, and Lysol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I feel you, Denise. So far there are 2 in my county. I wash my hands frequently and other than that, what is the best means of protection?

I just want you guys to know that I miss being here, but in all honesty, after 10 hours at work...on a computer, the last thing I want to do when I get home is power on my laptop. It really sucks, especially because much of my daily communications are online.
For real. Before this even happened, I've always been a hand-washing freak. I've always had germophobia to a certain degree and kept my hands submerged in lather and water, so I definitely feel you. I try to avoid touching my face now if I'm out in public. Now whenever I touch my face by accident, I freak out.

Quarantining is absolutely necessary.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige

Last edited by SojournHeart11; 03-10-2020 at 07:46 PM
Old 03-11-2020, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am completely sure that the community is okay with this.

Coronavirus: New York Creates 'Containment Area' Around Cluster In New Rochelle
Old 03-11-2020, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

No, that's not a good idea. They should isolate the quarantined from the general public and build the chamber outside the community, like in an empty lot large enough to accommodate them all.

Old 03-11-2020, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I still think they are overreacting .. just because there is no vaccination for itblike for flue it hascto be treated like the plague?

they closed off italy and austria and they start to forbid events larger tgenb100 people .. schools and so on included.. although only a few old and already sick people died yet.. still don't get it

icon by Daggi
Old 03-11-2020, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Hey Daggi

I mean... it is a highly infectious pathogen, so I do understand it. I tend to take it seriously given how nameless this virus is, it can pop up anywhere at anytime based on how long it's been incubating. What freaks me out the most is that the one's who may have it may be asymptomatic, and spreading it around without even knowing it.

But we should not let it rule us. We just have to wait and see what happens

Old 03-11-2020, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey girls
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 03-11-2020, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Hello and good evening Claudia.

Old 03-11-2020, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm off to sleep now goodnight
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 03-12-2020, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Well, 28 new cases of Covid-19 have sprung up in my state, bringing the presumptive total to about 31.

ETA: I couldn't agree more with the statement, "Save some bread for your neighbor".

Last edited by SojournHeart11; 03-12-2020 at 01:32 PM
Old 03-12-2020, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey girls
Icon by Zonikita
Old 03-13-2020, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey all! Getting ready for work, not sure what to expect when I get there.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey girls
Icon by Zonikita
Old 03-14-2020, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Hi

the crisis ist getting crazy over here.. we just wait for the complete lockdown here too.. I guess they just wat till the votes for mayors and so on are over on sunday

maybe I have tons of free time soon

how is everybody else doing?

icon by Daggi
Old 03-14-2020, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My parents went crazy buying a ton of groceries today
Icon by Zonikita
Old 03-15-2020, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by galesgirl645 (View Post)
My parents went crazy buying a ton of groceries today
no toiletpaper

yes we also have stored some useful things, but more or less regular counts.. groceriestores are open everywhere

icon by Daggi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread