Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2020, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think we lost half of my son and daughter's college funds so far.

So...I am officially working from home. My bosses came to me on Tuesday night and said I had been selected to be on the Work From Home force, sent me home with a company computer, mouse, keyboard, headset, ethernet cable and told me to be ready for my next shift...which is tomorrow from 8am-7pm. I'm nervous about it because I'm used to being in a more social situation. Oh...and I bought a new chair.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey girls

I survived my first week of doing counseling sessions over the computer! it started out rough... going from not knowing what I was doing to feeling a little bit more competent and comfortable.
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 03-28-2020, 03:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by galesgirl645 (View Post)
Hey girls

I survived my first week of doing counseling sessions over the computer! it started out rough... going from not knowing what I was doing to feeling a little bit more competent and comfortable.
that is cool ,Claudia

crazy tmes right now. .. and there is no ent to be seen on this one soon I guess..

it feels so strange to go grocerieshoppimg at the moment.. not many people are on the road, but still I catch myself looking at people coming too close, tjinking why they can't atay away... and nobody litterally seems to have fun outside right now.. no one is chatting or laughing.. the poor people sitting on the cashregisters look almost kind of lost.. all barrixsded behind glasswalls ...

like being on a differenrnt planet

icon by Daggi
Old 03-28-2020, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Today is day two of working from home. It wasn't bad. I just do exactly the same thing I do at work, so there's no stress in learning anything different. My only complaint is I'm working off of one monitor instead of two. It's a pain because I use both Chrome and IE, at the same time. I will adapt.

I hope everyone is having a good day!

P.S. Daggi...its the same here. Well almost. I don't think people are taking it seriously enough.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

Hey guys, here to spread some .

Since I work from home anyway, my life doesn't feel too different in terms of daily routine. And I'm kind of a homebody/loner already, so I'm normally just home unless I'm out taking one of several daily walks...which I've still been doing. What's been nice to see on some of my walks is the random people who are still friendly, or perhaps even friendlier than usual. As if people really appreciate seeing someone else and being able to say, "Hello." That is pretty heartwarming.

Luckily I don't have to grocery shop too often...I only go once a week but I'm trying to space it out even more than that. It was less crazy last time I went but they were still out of a ton of stuff. I'm happy that I was forced to order TP in bulk from Amazon a month or so before all this stuff happened... so I'm accidentally very prepared for that. But I feel bad for those who can't get it because others are purposefully stockpiling and being ridiculous. I'm also happy my local grocery store started putting limits on certain items for everyone...they really should have done that in the first place, but ah well.

it is so sad to hear about my friends who are out of work right now. And people having to cancel events like baby showers, weddings, etc. is awful. The first thing that's really affected me with all this is I was scheduled to go to an event called Awesome Con in DC in May, and I was going to meet Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd from Back to the Future...which is my all-time favorite. I couldn't believe the opportunity came up but it was already taken away... They rescheduled the convention for December but there's no guarantee any of the guests will return.

But really, that's not much to complain about in the grand scheme of things. I'm very fortunate, and very grateful.

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 03-28-2020, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey girls

The only real major change for me has been going from working at an office (driving 30 minutes back and forth) to working at home. Everything else has remained more or less the same and also eating at home rather than going to eat out at a restaurant on the weekends.
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 03-31-2020, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I think we lost half of my son and daughter's college funds so far.
Why do you think they lost it? Are you sure?

It's getting worse here, more restrictions from tomorrow.

Wish you all a good week.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

hey girls
Icon by Zonikita
Old 04-01-2020, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey Claudia!

Aska: The stock market crash took away a lot of the gains from the last year. I did speak with our family lawyer and she said that 529's (college funds) are not getting hit as much as the Dow, NASDAQ or S&P 500 (stock market).

My second monitor is coming today, so hopefully I'll have that functional by Friday. I did manage to work 4 hours OT yesterday. It was easy because I'm already home, although I was off yesterday. Since Adam and Sydney were laid off, I'm trying to help them as much as possible and OT is a great way to do that.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey girls

Half way through the week
Icon by Zonikita
Old 04-04-2020, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey guys!
Old 04-05-2020, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey Deborah how are you?

I've gone outside to buy some groceries and supplies and it's such a different world people walking around with gloves and masks (including me and my parents).
Icon by Zonikita
Old 04-08-2020, 03:04 PM
Master Fan

Deborah, I hope everything turns out good as soon as possible.

You must have gloves at the store here. I'm trying to buy once a week, but tomorrow will go somewhere.
I'm not using public transport, it's good I don't have to, and it's so good to go by foot to the store.

I wanted to go for one day to the forest, but we can't now. A lot of people is signing the petiotions here. I can understand parks are closed, but there is enough space at forests.

I'm listening music on yt now
Old 04-08-2020, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

hey girls
Icon by Zonikita
Old 04-10-2020, 02:36 PM
Master Fan

Hello
Closed Thread   Post New Thread