Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

OT Thread # 308 ~What's on your mind?

New thread everyone.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 11-24-2018, 09:39 AM
Master Fan

"What's on your mind?" Reminds me of FB.

I slept way better last night so I slept in. I did some yoga yesterday for the first time in a longgg time and (surprise) it made me feel a lot better. I put it off because I kind of have bad memories tied to that time in my life when I was heavily into it, but I need to figure out how to move past that...

It's raining here today. Good day to be lazy. I might even play some Zelda...

There was a post on FB yesterday about people's favorite moments in my favorite game of all time and I was reading them and feeling super nostalgic...

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 11-24-2018, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey girls

I went to work today it was a light day. I'm home now
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 11-24-2018, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

hey

Sorry to start the sunday like this, but at the moment I have to vent, and since it is 5:30 am on a sunday, there is nobody awake at my place..

since yesterday night my dad has those demtia episodes again and I wonder if they are still caused from his hospital stay.. it feels like I'm back to square one.. he is phantasysing about things and don't believe me when I say irs not right, even starts fighting with je about it.. and since he keeps waking me up at 2 am or 4am or both, my tolerance is very low and I loose my temper very easily, but what else shpuld I say on a sunday morning 430 am when he insists he has an invitation to a heart operation and he can't find it, running all over the house, and he doesn't believe me that nobodybis doing anything at that time

so.. now I'm preparing breakfast and hope again that he comes out of that soon.. yesterday it was around noon that he was back to normal.. its just exhausting..

sorry again for complaining, but I also hope it explains why I have not much energyvto post during the day..

Later

icon by Daggi
Old 11-24-2018, 09:47 PM
Master Fan

Oh wow, Daggi. That sounds really difficult.

Sorry you have to deal with that. I'm not sure how I would handle that type of situation.

Have you spoken to a doctor or anyone about it?

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 11-25-2018, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey guys!

Daggi: I'm sorry you're having a rough time with your dad's dementia again. Don't ever feel that you are complaining, we're here for you. I think you might be right about him regressing due to the stress of being in the hospital. When my grandmother was in the hospital, she thought she was never coming home. Then when she did, it took a little while before she felt "safe" again. This was my experience with grandma Annie.
Old 11-25-2018, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Hi

thanks girls for your support.. I should be used by now, but he was good for such a long time no bothering me durng the nights .. and I get easily upset then.. I'm like a powdercag when I get woken and I only get nonsense to hear.. I hope its getting better soon. and you might be right , it still could be from the hospital stay... I'll live, though..

Chris ~ yes we are in contact with a neurologist, so we do have medications, but I do't want to give him anything if not absolutly neccessary.. and if he has his episodes during the day I cope with them much better.. but during the night, I'm jusst grumpy, and I'm feeling sorry for him after we fought.. it is how it is..

how was your sunday guys?

icon by Daggi
Old 11-25-2018, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was up at 5:30am. I woke up coughing and I didn't want to disturb Mark, so I got up.

I was going to go shopping, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow, when people are in work and school.
Old 11-25-2018, 08:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
Hi

thanks girls for your support.. I should be used by now, but he was good for such a long time no bothering me durng the nights .. and I get easily upset then.. I'm like a powdercag when I get woken and I only get nonsense to hear.. I hope its getting better soon. and you might be right , it still could be from the hospital stay... I'll live, though..

Chris ~ yes we are in contact with a neurologist, so we do have medications, but I do't want to give him anything if not absolutly neccessary.. and if he has his episodes during the day I cope with them much better.. but during the night, I'm jusst grumpy, and I'm feeling sorry for him after we fought.. it is how it is..

how was your sunday guys?
Hi Daggi~ I’m sorry that your dad is having a rough time with his dementia lately. What Deborah said made a lot of sense with the stress of the hospital stay maybe making it worse at night. I totally understand what you mean about being woken up and having a shorter temper then... don’t feel bad, I’ve done that with my kids at times. The big joke when they were little was that they’d wake their dad up before me for little things at night . I seems like you already have a medical team around you to give advice, etc so I’m glad you have that support. I hope you both are able to sleep better soon
Old 11-25-2018, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Update about my life as of current: Well I start my new job tomorrow. I know I'll do well, but I always get those jitters. It's a warehouse job that manufacturers and distributes eye glass frames and has partnerships with Sears and many other companies. It's not quite the dream job I want, it's just something to make a little more $$$ because I really need it. I think I'm gonna love it, though. I appreciate every opportunity that comes my way. Also, I'm about to graduate, so YAY!

Daggi ~ I'm sorry you and your father are going through this. I'm not sure I'd know how to handle this, but I think you are such a good daughter, and you always do your best to keep him as comfortable and calm, but you can only manage but so much I'm sure. Sending all my love and the very best of wishes for his improvement. Always thinking of you both.

Chris ~ I need to get back into doing yoga. I used to do pilates all the time but stopped for some reason. Glad the yoga sessions are working for you. And those memory associations are something else. Bad memories can take something you love and use that against you, I dislike it so much. And yes, nostalgia is the best escape from anything that brings you down. That and music.

Deborah ~ Being awakened by a cough is annoying. Hope your cough has improved since that time, though. I had a cough a few nights ago, too, and figured maybe it was just the cold air. Also, I hope you hear something soon from one of the companies you applied to. It's always nerve-wracking waiting to hear something but I know it will work out fine.

Hey Dena!

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 11-25-2018, 10:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Update about my life as of current: Well I start my new job tomorrow. I know I'll do well, but I always get those jitters. It's a warehouse job that manufacturers and distributes eye glass frames and has partnerships with Sears and many other companies. It's not quite the dream job I want, it's just something to make a little more $$$ because I really need it. I think I'm gonna love it, though. I appreciate every opportunity that comes my way. Also, I'm about to graduate, so YAY!

Daggi ~ I'm sorry you and your father are going through this. I'm not sure I'd know how to handle this, but I think you are such a good daughter, and you always do your best to keep him as comfortable and calm, but you can only manage but so much I'm sure. Sending all my love and the very best of wishes for his improvement. Always thinking of you both.

Chris ~ I need to get back into doing yoga. I used to do pilates all the time but stopped for some reason. Glad the yoga sessions are working for you. And those memory associations are something else. Bad memories can take something you love and use that against you, I dislike it so much. And yes, nostalgia is the best escape from anything that brings you down. That and music.

Deborah ~ Being awakened by a cough is annoying. Hope your cough has improved since that time, though. I had a cough a few nights ago, too, and figured maybe it was just the cold air. Also, I hope you hear something soon from one of the companies you applied to. It's always nerve-wracking waiting to hear something but I know it will work out fine.

Hey Dena!

Denise~ when do you graduate? Congrats on your new job!!

Deborah ~ I hope you are feeling better soon

Chris~ it’s crazy how memories are stored in muscles isn’t it? When I did yoga years back, I found that it made me more open to feelings in general. (I only did it for a while). I wonder if my old stiff body would let me do it again ~ lol
Old 11-25-2018, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

congrats Denise , I'm sure you're doing a great job there

icon by Daggi
Old 11-25-2018, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey girls

I went out and did my usual Sunday routine

Denise- congrats on the new job! and on graduating!
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 11-25-2018, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Hey Claudia how are you

icon by Daggi
Old 11-25-2018, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm doing pretty good
Icon by Zonikita
Closed Thread   Post New Thread