Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Hi Claudia

it should get back to be warmer at the weekend ere too.. ay too cold already

icon by Daggi
Old 10-04-2018, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Gonna watch tv shows
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 10-04-2018, 04:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
One thing is certain, Daggi is beautiful. And guys...she is the sweetest person and she makes you just want to be around her. That is truly special.

ALSO...please select the quotes you like, here.
Daggi was the first person I wrote here and when I first came in, she was here almost every day. I agree, Daggi, your pics are lovely, but what I first noticed about you was your warmth. It comes through even on a discussion board I could see how you are one of those people that everyone wants to be around
Old 10-04-2018, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I'm off to sleep! goodnight
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 10-04-2018, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

I watched this documentary on YouTube tonight called "Gay Hollywood: The Last Taboo", and it mentioned QAF for a couple minutes. It was super interesting, especially dating back to silent film actors and how they had to handle their public lives when they were gay.

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 10-05-2018, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Daggi is such a sweetheart. And no, you don't look 8 months pregnant.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 10-05-2018, 06:05 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
I watched this documentary on YouTube tonight called "Gay Hollywood: The Last Taboo", and it mentioned QAF for a couple minutes. It was super interesting, especially dating back to silent film actors and how they had to handle their public lives when they were gay.
That sounds cool. For some reason, Rock Hudson is the only one that always comes to mind. But I know there were others. I mean, they say James Dean was possibly bi. I can't remember if they thought Rudolph Valentino was. Hmm. I'll have to check it out

Aww Daggi

And yes, we will definitely take lots of pics and give you a detailed account of our meeting haha!!

So, it's Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend and it's a long weekend. Hopefully we're getting out of work at one today.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
That sounds cool. For some reason, Rock Hudson is the only one that always comes to mind. But I know there were others. I mean, they say James Dean was possibly bi. I can't remember if they thought Rudolph Valentino was. Hmm. I'll have to check it out

Aww Daggi

And yes, we will definitely take lots of pics and give you a detailed account of our meeting haha!!

So, it's Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend and it's a long weekend. Hopefully we're getting out of work at one today.
They said Rudolph Valentino WAS gay. and several others!! Cary Grant and Randolph Scott. You should check it out! It was interesting. And it really broke my heart for those who had to cover up who they were and live a lie.

And ohhh, happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Old 10-05-2018, 09:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
They said Rudolph Valentino WAS gay. and several others!! Cary Grant and Randolph Scott. You should check it out! It was interesting. And it really broke my heart for those who had to cover up who they were and live a lie.

And ohhh, happy Canadian Thanksgiving!
Interesting. I read Rudolph Valentino's biography and I can only remember bits and pieces right now but I feel like they might have mentioned that? I want to say he was married twice, to women. And all I remember is that for one of those marriages, he never consummated it. Oh right, I've heard about Cary Grant as well. I will definitely check it out. Sigh yeah It must have been horrible back then. Sad thing is that today a lot of people are still closeted.

Thank you!!
Old 10-05-2018, 10:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Interesting. I read Rudolph Valentino's biography and I can only remember bits and pieces right now but I feel like they might have mentioned that? I want to say he was married twice, to women. And all I remember is that for one of those marriages, he never consummated it. Oh right, I've heard about Cary Grant as well. I will definitely check it out. Sigh yeah It must have been horrible back then. Sad thing is that today a lot of people are still closeted.

Thank you!!
Yeah, he had a couple of beard marriages, as did most of them. But one of the famous lesbian actresses (can't remember her name) had a beard marriage but still lived out her love life as a lesbian, which is pretty cool. And yeah, that's why it broke my heart so bad. There's such pressure to conform and hide it, even if just for a sense of safety...

Old 10-05-2018, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

good morning

I have a lot to do today. I want to fix up a part of my garden for the winter, and plant some flowers for springtime already. then I want to plant the fall flowers on our grave, and I have to go grocerieshopping.... and I'm going to harvest my carrots today

oh and I meet a dear friend tonight.

so.. I'm not sure to be able to post a lot during the day, but I'm sure here for the watch tonight.

icon by Daggi
Old 10-06-2018, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Good morning!

It's so beautiful today. Although it will go up to 90 today, the sun is shining and there is a slight breeze. I woke up late today, but my hubby already moved my plants out into the sun. That was so sweet of him. I've been spending a lot of time outside lately. My herbs and veggies are growing well so far.

My daughter has been growing from seeds, so she has a lot of sprouts now. We really didn't think through how large a pot each veggie will need based on its depth needs. We transplanted her radishes in a long rectangle planter with 5 plants in it. Then we have the carrots. I have to research how to replant them. I don't want to use our soil outside, so I have to build beds. We certainly need a little more education to avoid killing the poor baby plants.

We're also starting a composter, so our "foods" can have the most delicious soil ever....even bought worm casings for it.

Oh...we also spread wildflower seeds along the perimeter (outside) of my screened area. Cross your fingers for me. I'll also be getting our lavender seeds today as well.

Sorry for sounding so boring, but this is SO exciting for me.

Daggi: Enjoy your time with your friend. And I know you will do a wonderful job on your mom's grave. I've never thought of a cemetery as being magical, but yours is because the graves in that one are well loved. That doesn't happen a lot these days. It always makes me sad that deceased loved ones are so easily forgotten. That's not the case with you.
Old 10-06-2018, 08:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah, he had a couple of beard marriages, as did most of them. But one of the famous lesbian actresses (can't remember her name) had a beard marriage but still lived out her love life as a lesbian, which is pretty cool. And yeah, that's why it broke my heart so bad. There's such pressure to conform and hide it, even if just for a sense of safety...
Yup. And back then it was definitely an issue of safety, You could get killed. I read a book about famous Flappers, six different women in the '20s. And most of them were lesbians and lived as such although I believe with beard marriages, as you said. It's fascinating and sad at the same time.

Hey everyone!!

I'm feeling a little blah but I'm loading up on tea and medicine because I'm getting together with my friends tonight.

Deborah--that's not boring, gardening is cool.

Daggi--Have fun with your friend!!
Old 10-06-2018, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sorry you don't feel well, Addie. You have to get well though, so you can have the best birthday ever!
Old 10-06-2018, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Get well soon, Addie.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Closed Thread   Post New Thread