Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2018, 09:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Wow that's amazing!! Oh yeah, I am definitely the fangirl haha. I have loved many things over my life. As for bands, my major top two are The Beatles and One Direction. I have a tattoo for John Lennon and would like a Beatles one as well.

Wow that sounds amazing!! I would love that so much, honestly. My thing is--I've never really like Journalism. As in, I don't want to be a reporter or on camera or writing news. I've always been more screenplays and stories. Which I love. But I also love writing about things I love (see my novels on this board ). Lately, I've been looking at Entertainment Journalism. It sounds like something I would like. I would like to write for a magazine or something like that. I've been thinking about going back to study and possibly Entertainment Journalism. And I love that you can set your own prices and kind of work at your own pace. I would love that so much. I'm nearly 28, I feel like I should make the decision soon lol.
A John Lennon tattoo? That sounds awesome! (Did you already share this? Cause I'd love to see/know what it is) I am a HUGE Beatles fan, as well. Grew up listening to them.

Haha, I totally understand not liking journalism - I don't either! I went to college and I was like, "But I don't want to be a reporter..." I've always written fiction/fan-fiction, poetry/prose, just random stuff, etc. Thing is, I always loved being assigned essays in school, because writing comes so easily for me and I can do it quickly (another reason I procrastinate so much... ). So I struggled after graduation, cause I didn't know WHAT to write/where to do it. I finally took an online course last year about finding writing jobs, and it either really helped or it at least inspired me enough to actually look for work and find something I enjoy. I actually work for an insurance company and I don't care at all about insurance, but they have a blog with lots of random subjects which can be fun. Right now, I'm writing a series on all the different states in the country, which I LOVE. But they pretty much get to tell me what to write about. I guess super ideally I'd write about whatever I want, but I enjoy writing itself enough that it doesn't matter, too much. I'll have to check out your novels!

And haha, I'm 29 and I've only just now gotten this aspect of my life figured out. So, don't worry too much. The 20's are such a tough decade!!

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 08-16-2018, 10:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
A John Lennon tattoo? That sounds awesome! (Did you already share this? Cause I'd love to see/know what it is) I am a HUGE Beatles fan, as well. Grew up listening to them.

Haha, I totally understand not liking journalism - I don't either! I went to college and I was like, "But I don't want to be a reporter..." I've always written fiction/fan-fiction, poetry/prose, just random stuff, etc. Thing is, I always loved being assigned essays in school, because writing comes so easily for me and I can do it quickly (another reason I procrastinate so much... ). So I struggled after graduation, cause I didn't know WHAT to write/where to do it. I finally took an online course last year about finding writing jobs, and it either really helped or it at least inspired me enough to actually look for work and find something I enjoy. I actually work for an insurance company and I don't care at all about insurance, but they have a blog with lots of random subjects which can be fun. Right now, I'm writing a series on all the different states in the country, which I LOVE. But they pretty much get to tell me what to write about. I guess super ideally I'd write about whatever I want, but I enjoy writing itself enough that it doesn't matter, too much. I'll have to check out your novels!

And haha, I'm 29 and I've only just now gotten this aspect of my life figured out. So, don't worry too much. The 20's are such a tough decade!!
Ahh you're a Beatles fan too?! That's amazing!! Here is my John Lennon tattoo:

I also want to get "Let It Be" one day.

Oh my God, you are inspiring me lol. I think I needed you haha Same with the fan-fiction. Always wrote it (not always good haha) and still do now. Writing for the 1D fandom actually started me writing M/M stories. That sounds exactly like me. I loved being assigning anything creative to do with writing, like when we had to do speeches, because I liked writing about things I love. Because then I can go on forever and ever lol. So, I think I might take a serious look into the journalism course. Thank you, you definitely inspired me!! That's true, the '20s are so hard. And I know you don't have to have everything figured out but there's pressure to anyways, I guess? And I've just been coasting for a long time now, unsure of what to do. But I am really glad I met you lol.

Haha my novels on this board are in all of the threads of each season. On my second rewatch, I just wrote everything I thought about lol. It was A LOT.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Ahh you're a Beatles fan too?! That's amazing!! Here is my John Lennon tattoo:

I also want to get "Let It Be" one day.

Oh my God, you are inspiring me lol. I think I needed you haha Same with the fan-fiction. Always wrote it (not always good haha) and still do now. Writing for the 1D fandom actually started me writing M/M stories. That sounds exactly like me. I loved being assigning anything creative to do with writing, like when we had to do speeches, because I liked writing about things I love. Because then I can go on forever and ever lol. So, I think I might take a serious look into the journalism course. Thank you, you definitely inspired me!! That's true, the '20s are so hard. And I know you don't have to have everything figured out but there's pressure to anyways, I guess? And I've just been coasting for a long time now, unsure of what to do. But I am really glad I met you lol.

Haha my novels on this board are in all of the threads of each season. On my second rewatch, I just wrote everything I thought about lol. It was A LOT.
Your "Imagine" tattoo is AWESOME! I it! Thanks for sharing. I want to get a tattoo related to my favorite band, but I'm so indecisive. I think I want to get lyrics, but there are just so many that I love... It takes me forever to actually GET a tattoo, because I spend so much time researching it and trying to make it perfect...

I'm so happy I'm inspiring you!!! That's amazing. Ha, I know what you mean about your fanfic not always being good. I started writing it in high school, so I relate! And shut up...I actually can relate to having begun writing M/M fanfic related to my favorite band, too! I never shared it on any forum though, I only put it on my Xanga (which was like LiveJournal but lesser known) for my close friends, and I shared it with a select few LH fans (whom I had met through forums, lol) who I trusted. At that time it seemed wayyy more scandalous to be writing M/M stories, especially about guys who weren't actually gay.

Creative writing is so much more fun than stupid reporting! Haha. I feel like I can go on forever about the things I love, too, which is why I feel like I just ramble so much here. But then you guys are actually interested in what I'm saying so I'm like, cool, guess I'll keep doing it! I'm kind of a quiet person, speaking-wise, so whenever I really get into a topic and blab about it extensively, I'm like...do people care? It's so wonderful to have a place where it's appreciated.

Yay, I'm so excited that you're going to look into it!! There's lots of online options for classes like that, too. Like I said, after my college education I didn't really feel prepared to actually FIND a writing job, so I had to take additional courses, which in a lot of ways seemed to be more helpful than that dang degree...

I can SO relate to feeling like you have to "have it all figured out" - YES. Absolutely. I think part of that is because previous generations were settled in their lives by their early 20s, maybe? But times are so different now, that just doesn't work that way, anymore. Also I think social media pressures us to rush, because we see people who already have that stuff figured out. I was totally "coasting" until just the end of last year, so don't worry! I tried lots of stuff - personal training, waitressing, teaching Pilates, teaching yoga, stupid retail stuff, office work... In the end, I couldn't deny my calling.

Oh ok, so you mean your "novels" are your long responses in the threads, then? I need to make my way over to those season discussions, I just know I'm in for a lot of feels, when I do so...

Old 08-16-2018, 11:22 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Your "Imagine" tattoo is AWESOME! I it! Thanks for sharing. I want to get a tattoo related to my favorite band, but I'm so indecisive. I think I want to get lyrics, but there are just so many that I love... It takes me forever to actually GET a tattoo, because I spend so much time researching it and trying to make it perfect...

I'm so happy I'm inspiring you!!! That's amazing. Ha, I know what you mean about your fanfic not always being good. I started writing it in high school, so I relate! And shut up...I actually can relate to having begun writing M/M fanfic related to my favorite band, too! I never shared it on any forum though, I only put it on my Xanga (which was like LiveJournal but lesser known) for my close friends, and I shared it with a select few LH fans (whom I had met through forums, lol) who I trusted. At that time it seemed wayyy more scandalous to be writing M/M stories, especially about guys who weren't actually gay.

Creative writing is so much more fun than stupid reporting! Haha. I feel like I can go on forever about the things I love, too, which is why I feel like I just ramble so much here. But then you guys are actually interested in what I'm saying so I'm like, cool, guess I'll keep doing it! I'm kind of a quiet person, speaking-wise, so whenever I really get into a topic and blab about it extensively, I'm like...do people care? It's so wonderful to have a place where it's appreciated.

Yay, I'm so excited that you're going to look into it!! There's lots of online options for classes like that, too. Like I said, after my college education I didn't really feel prepared to actually FIND a writing job, so I had to take additional courses, which in a lot of ways seemed to be more helpful than that dang degree...

I can SO relate to feeling like you have to "have it all figured out" - YES. Absolutely. I think part of that is because previous generations were settled in their lives by their early 20s, maybe? But times are so different now, that just doesn't work that way, anymore. Also I think social media pressures us to rush, because we see people who already have that stuff figured out. I was totally "coasting" until just the end of last year, so don't worry! I tried lots of stuff - personal training, waitressing, teaching Pilates, teaching yoga, stupid retail stuff, office work... In the end, I couldn't deny my calling.

Oh ok, so you mean your "novels" are your long responses in the threads, then? I need to make my way over to those season discussions, I just know I'm in for a lot of feels, when I do so...
Thank you!! Lol I'm all for lyrics. Six of my tattoos are lyrics, it's kind of my thing I guess lol haha. I'm a fairly indecisive person (Libra haha) but for tattoos, the ideas just seem to happen and I know right away what I want.

Ahh yeah I know what you mean about the fan-fiction. Although in the One Direction fandom, we (a huge amount of us) believe that these two are actually together in real life and are closeted, etc. It's way too much to explain lol but yeah. So, a huge chunk of 1D fan-fiction is about them. I have six so far lol.

That's exactly me. I am more of a quiet person (unless with people I know, then I am LOUD). But give me the opportunity to talk about something I love? You'll regret it

Yes, the social media thing is so crazy and can hurt you in many ways. You think you're supposed to be like the people who you see and of course it's not true. Life is just insane. But there is no set timeline for anything, of course.

Oh yeah my novels are my responses on here haha Good luck in reading them haha!! I used to write "novels" I guess but I'm more short stories and screenplays now. I don't know if I have it in me to write a novel lol.

So, are we twins or what?
Old 08-16-2018, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thank you!! Lol I'm all for lyrics. Six of my tattoos are lyrics, it's kind of my thing I guess lol haha. I'm a fairly indecisive person (Libra haha) but for tattoos, the ideas just seem to happen and I know right away what I want.

Ahh yeah I know what you mean about the fan-fiction. Although in the One Direction fandom, we (a huge amount of us) believe that these two are actually together in real life and are closeted, etc. It's way too much to explain lol but yeah. So, a huge chunk of 1D fan-fiction is about them. I have six so far lol.

That's exactly me. I am more of a quiet person (unless with people I know, then I am LOUD). But give me the opportunity to talk about something I love? You'll regret it

Yes, the social media thing is so crazy and can hurt you in many ways. You think you're supposed to be like the people who you see and of course it's not true. Life is just insane. But there is no set timeline for anything, of course.

Oh yeah my novels are my responses on here haha Good luck in reading them haha!! I used to write "novels" I guess but I'm more short stories and screenplays now. I don't know if I have it in me to write a novel lol.

So, are we twins or what?
That's nice that tattoo ideas come quickly and decisively for you, haha. If that happened for me, though, I might be totally covered already. So it's kind of good, in a way that it takes me forever.

I struggle more with thinking about where to get lyrics/words tattooed on myself, so that's part of the reason why I don't have any yet.

That's pretty cool about that 1D theory. With my favorite band, it was more just a bunch of fangirls who would've loved for something to happen that totally wasn't ever going to. So one of us had to make it happen... And it was me. It was also funny for me, cause I grew up being really shy...and to go from that to sharing M/M fanfics is kind like And agreed - I'm much louder with people I know already. And maybe it's a quiet person thing to sort of erupt about things that we love, because it's like so overwhelming to keep it quiet that it just spills out. There are stereotypes about quiet people eventually going crazy and getting really angry, so it's a good thing we have positive explosions of fangirlism!

No set timeline for anything, so true. We have it ingrained into us from childhood that we "should" have certain things done at set ages, though. I think a lot of growing up is undoing society's programming in our heads...

Haha I've written fanfics that are novel length, but when I purposefully start to write a novel, I lose interest at some point. Ugh. I need to get back into writing stories, I'd loooove to write some QAF fanfic... I've been so focused on writing for my job lately. Gotta bring the more fun stuff back.

And yes, twinsies! It's pretty crazy.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
That's nice that tattoo ideas come quickly and decisively for you, haha. If that happened for me, though, I might be totally covered already. So it's kind of good, in a way that it takes me forever.

I struggle more with thinking about where to get lyrics/words tattooed on myself, so that's part of the reason why I don't have any yet.

That's pretty cool about that 1D theory. With my favorite band, it was more just a bunch of fangirls who would've loved for something to happen that totally wasn't ever going to. So one of us had to make it happen... And it was me. It was also funny for me, cause I grew up being really shy...and to go from that to sharing M/M fanfics is kind like And agreed - I'm much louder with people I know already. And maybe it's a quiet person thing to sort of erupt about things that we love, because it's like so overwhelming to keep it quiet that it just spills out. There are stereotypes about quiet people eventually going crazy and getting really angry, so it's a good thing we have positive explosions of fangirlism!

No set timeline for anything, so true. We have it ingrained into us from childhood that we "should" have certain things done at set ages, though. I think a lot of growing up is undoing society's programming in our heads...

Haha I've written fanfics that are novel length, but when I purposefully start to write a novel, I lose interest at some point. Ugh. I need to get back into writing stories, I'd loooove to write some QAF fanfic... I've been so focused on writing for my job lately. Gotta bring the more fun stuff back.

And yes, twinsies! It's pretty crazy.
Good or crazy because I'm already up to 7 haha? I already know what I want, up to 11. And I think (at least for now) that that's where it stays. Lyrics and words are definitely a huge commitment. They've always resonated with me though so I guess that's why I am mostly lyrics

Ahh yeah I get you. A lot of fics are just about shipping, there are tons and tons. But yeah the 1D thing is different. Haha I know!! I am shy too and I have never written sex before, straight sex or otherwise. So to go from that to detailed descriptions of M/M is interesting for me haha Good point about us quiet people erupting positively lol. I like that way better than anger or anything else scary.

I agree. Like we "should" have everything by 25. And all that gives you is a quarter life crisis and that is not fun. As long as you end up happy and where you want, who cares how long it took you to get there. And honestly, QAF is inspiring me so much in that aspect.

I've written a few novel length fan-fictions for sure. Not the 1D ones. The most was like 16k. QAF fan-fiction would be awesome but I don't feel I know how to capture the characters, especially Brian.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Good or crazy because I'm already up to 7 haha? I already know what I want, up to 11. And I think (at least for now) that that's where it stays. Lyrics and words are definitely a huge commitment. They've always resonated with me though so I guess that's why I am mostly lyrics

Ahh yeah I get you. A lot of fics are just about shipping, there are tons and tons. But yeah the 1D thing is different. Haha I know!! I am shy too and I have never written sex before, straight sex or otherwise. So to go from that to detailed descriptions of M/M is interesting for me haha Good point about us quiet people erupting positively lol. I like that way better than anger or anything else scary.

I agree. Like we "should" have everything by 25. And all that gives you is a quarter life crisis and that is not fun. As long as you end up happy and where you want, who cares how long it took you to get there. And honestly, QAF is inspiring me so much in that aspect.

I've written a few novel length fan-fictions for sure. Not the 1D ones. The most was like 16k. QAF fan-fiction would be awesome but I don't feel I know how to capture the characters, especially Brian.
Haha, that's what I mean - I already have ten, and I've only averaged one per year, since I started getting them. I love so many lyrics, but I love TOO Many.

It is pretty crazy we both went from shy to detailed M/M fanfics. I didn't even really know what I was talking about. I was a teenager, I'd never seen anything like QAF, so I was just totally using my imagination. And yes, positive outbursts are definitely preferable to anger!

Yes - 25 seems like the magical age when you're supposed to be "done". Pffft. I felt such immense pressure in my early/mid-20s to do that and now that I'm almost 30 (whaaaat, that still feels weird to say), I'm glad I DON'T! I mean don't get me wrong, getting my job figured out is a HUGE weight off and it feels fantastic. But I'm glad I still have certain things to look forward to figuring out. Like where I want to move. I agree that it only matters if you're happy, there's no rush. And that's amazing QAF is inspiring you, too. It is for me as well.

That's a big reason I'm putting off starting a QAF fanfic...I think Brian would be really hard to capture. Maybe it would be easier with a third-person POV, though.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey girls
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 08-17-2018, 05:50 AM
Extreme Fan

Hello everyone!!

Last night, my sister and I went to the movies to watch a screening of Elvis' '68 Comeback special and it was amazing!! Yesterday was the anniversary of his death.

Quote:
Haha, that's what I mean - I already have ten, and I've only averaged one per year, since I started getting them. I love so many lyrics, but I love TOO Many.

It is pretty crazy we both went from shy to detailed M/M fanfics. I didn't even really know what I was talking about. I was a teenager, I'd never seen anything like QAF, so I was just totally using my imagination. And yes, positive outbursts are definitely preferable to anger!

Yes - 25 seems like the magical age when you're supposed to be "done". Pffft. I felt such immense pressure in my early/mid-20s to do that and now that I'm almost 30 (whaaaat, that still feels weird to say), I'm glad I DON'T! I mean don't get me wrong, getting my job figured out is a HUGE weight off and it feels fantastic. But I'm glad I still have certain things to look forward to figuring out. Like where I want to move. I agree that it only matters if you're happy, there's no rush. And that's amazing QAF is inspiring you, too. It is for me as well.

That's a big reason I'm putting off starting a QAF fanfic...I think Brian would be really hard to capture. Maybe it would be easier with a third-person POV, though.
I know what you mean!! It could be quite easy to become covered in lyrics

Lol I know right? I mean, when I started writing M/M fics, I had been reading them extensively for a while. So that's where I kind of got my "knowledge" lol And QAF certainly helps with a lot. I'm still kinda shocked at myself for some of the things I've written haha.

You're definitely right. I mean, it would be lovely to be "done" at 25 but it just doesn't work that way. I think the best thing you can realize and this age is that you're still young. Yeah, saying 30 is a bit scary but really, we're young. We have time to do things, to figure things out, etc. Never a time limit!! I'm really happy that QAF can inspire us all. There's something about each of the characters that speaks to someone and it's great.

Third-person would be easier. I mean, I'd really only write fanfics in third-person anyways. But Brian--he's such a complex character. I've actually never read QAF fics yet. Or okay, I read like two really short one shots. Any suggestions? I mainly read fics on Archive of Our Own now.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:20 AM
Master Fan

Good morning, all! Going through my usual morning routine as of late of bingeing a few QAF fanvids on YT while I eat breakfast and trying to convince myself to start my work for the day... Anyone have any tips for being productive in the morning? I suck at it.

Quote:
Hello everyone!!

Last night, my sister and I went to the movies to watch a screening of Elvis' '68 Comeback special and it was amazing!! Yesterday was the anniversary of his death.

I know what you mean!! It could be quite easy to become covered in lyrics

Lol I know right? I mean, when I started writing M/M fics, I had been reading them extensively for a while. So that's where I kind of got my "knowledge" lol And QAF certainly helps with a lot. I'm still kinda shocked at myself for some of the things I've written haha.

You're definitely right. I mean, it would be lovely to be "done" at 25 but it just doesn't work that way. I think the best thing you can realize and this age is that you're still young. Yeah, saying 30 is a bit scary but really, we're young. We have time to do things, to figure things out, etc. Never a time limit!! I'm really happy that QAF can inspire us all. There's something about each of the characters that speaks to someone and it's great.

Third-person would be easier. I mean, I'd really only write fanfics in third-person anyways. But Brian--he's such a complex character. I've actually never read QAF fics yet. Or okay, I read like two really short one shots. Any suggestions? I mainly read fics on Archive of Our Own now.
That Elvis movie sounds cool! I'm excited for the Queen movie that's coming out.

Yes, it would be super easy to be covered in lyrics, or other tattoos. That's why I must pace myself...

Haha, I'd never read any M/M fanfics, I was totally taking a shot in the dark. That's good you had some references. And haha, I'm sure QAF will up my -ahem- wisdom and legitimacy of what I'm writing x1000000. And I know what you mean, but I think that's so cool about writing, especially as a quieter person - to see what comes out on the page. And sometimes you're like, did I really write that?!

It would also be pretty boring to be "done" by 25, really. I used to be so jealous of my friends who were settled already, now I'm like nahh, I don't even want that at the moment! I think maybe Brian Kinney is a tiny bit of a bad influence on me? But I'm in no rush for that stuff, don't even know how I feel about marriage. 30 IS young, you're right. I'm so happy that I started watching QAF at age 29, cause some of the characters in it start out being 29! That's so cool to me. I've never been the exact same age as the characters on my favorite show before. But when they talk about 30 being old I'm always like no it's not!! Haha. But then I have to remember that in the early 2000s, 30 WAS older than it is now. So crazy! And yes, so wonderful how this show is so inspiring.

I've actually only read a couple of QAF fanfics, myself. So I don't have any suggestions. What website do you go to? I've only ever been on fanfiction.net, but I think I need to branch out. Never heard of Archive of Our Own...is that a site?

Old 08-17-2018, 08:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Good morning, all! Going through my usual morning routine as of late of bingeing a few QAF fanvids on YT while I eat breakfast and trying to convince myself to start my work for the day... Anyone have any tips for being productive in the morning? I suck at it.

That Elvis movie sounds cool! I'm excited for the Queen movie that's coming out.

Yes, it would be super easy to be covered in lyrics, or other tattoos. That's why I must pace myself...

Haha, I'd never read any M/M fanfics, I was totally taking a shot in the dark. That's good you had some references. And haha, I'm sure QAF will up my -ahem- wisdom and legitimacy of what I'm writing x1000000. And I know what you mean, but I think that's so cool about writing, especially as a quieter person - to see what comes out on the page. And sometimes you're like, did I really write that?!

It would also be pretty boring to be "done" by 25, really. I used to be so jealous of my friends who were settled already, now I'm like nahh, I don't even want that at the moment! I think maybe Brian Kinney is a tiny bit of a bad influence on me? But I'm in no rush for that stuff, don't even know how I feel about marriage. 30 IS young, you're right. I'm so happy that I started watching QAF at age 29, cause some of the characters in it start out being 29! That's so cool to me. I've never been the exact same age as the characters on my favorite show before. But when they talk about 30 being old I'm always like no it's not!! Haha. But then I have to remember that in the early 2000s, 30 WAS older than it is now. So crazy! And yes, so wonderful how this show is so inspiring.

I've actually only read a couple of QAF fanfics, myself. So I don't have any suggestions. What website do you go to? I've only ever been on fanfiction.net, but I think I need to branch out. Never heard of Archive of Our Own...is that a site?
Ha don't ask me how to be productive LOL

The Queen movie is going to be spectacular, I cannot wait for that one!!

Oh QAF will definitely help you out. It's very umm-- detailed to say the least. Yes, exactly. And also a little (pleasantly) shocking. Like--wow that goes on in my brain?

Yes!! You know, I totally get that. I mean, I think a part of me wants the security. But as for settling down right now? Nah. I don't think I could. Although, I wouldn't mind a nice relationship. And yes about being near the ages of the QAF characters. It makes it so much more relatable. Although I feel like I'm being counterproductive because I gravitate towards Justin more who's a teenager Brian Kinney is definitely a bad influence in some aspects, shame on him Lol when Brian was turning 30 and having a meltdown over it I was just like "dude, chill, you aren't that old." But you are right, 30 was a bigger deal back then I suppose.

Ahh yes fanfiction.net lol. I started out there. Archive of Our Own is a site, yeah. A huge one. It's where I was directed to read 1D fic and have never left. There's an abundance of fics there and it seems to be ever-growing and non-stop. Which I love. I know they have QAF fics on there.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I only was away one day!! I'm not sure I dare to go on vacation in September anymore!! I will never catch up with you

you are amazing

Claudia ~ high there!! how are you and Louis doing?

You guys do know we have a fanfiction thread??

http://www.fanforum.com/f87/qaf-fan-.../#post93578143

in the OP are the previous threads and I have to ad some suggestions I read latley or I am still reading cause they are wips..

I mostly read on midnight whisper

Sorry for my absence btw.. I'm having a bit of trouble with my internet router at the moment and as soon as I turn on my TV upstairs it shuts down.. its so exhausting..

Addie ~ Your Beatles tatoo is awsome too.. it has a lot of meaning in it

icon by Daggi
Old 08-17-2018, 11:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Haha yes Chris and I kind of took over

Oh cool, I'll check out the fan fiction board, thank you

Quote:
Addie ~ Your Beatles tatoo is awsome too.. it has a lot of meaning in it
Thank you!!

Sorry about your internet and TV, Daggi, that sucks!!
Old 08-17-2018, 12:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Ha don't ask me how to be productive LOL

The Queen movie is going to be spectacular, I cannot wait for that one!!

Oh QAF will definitely help you out. It's very umm-- detailed to say the least. Yes, exactly. And also a little (pleasantly) shocking. Like--wow that goes on in my brain?

Yes!! You know, I totally get that. I mean, I think a part of me wants the security. But as for settling down right now? Nah. I don't think I could. Although, I wouldn't mind a nice relationship. And yes about being near the ages of the QAF characters. It makes it so much more relatable. Although I feel like I'm being counterproductive because I gravitate towards Justin more who's a teenager Brian Kinney is definitely a bad influence in some aspects, shame on him Lol when Brian was turning 30 and having a meltdown over it I was just like "dude, chill, you aren't that old." But you are right, 30 was a bigger deal back then I suppose.

Ahh yes fanfiction.net lol. I started out there. Archive of Our Own is a site, yeah. A huge one. It's where I was directed to read 1D fic and have never left. There's an abundance of fics there and it seems to be ever-growing and non-stop. Which I love. I know they have QAF fics on there.
I ended up being more productive earlier today than I was yesterday, so I'm considering that a win! Still trying to get myself used to full-time freelancing... you really have to be your own boss a lot of the time, which is GREAT, but there is a learning curve on how to structure your time, for sure.

Haha, yes, QAF is definitely...detailed. And agreed, I like knowing that this stuff goes on inside of my brain! Reassures me that I'm not as horribly boring as I believe the outside world perceives me sometimes.

Agreed. Part of me is envious of that stability, but part of me finds it so exciting not to have it yet. Strange! Since I've been doing more and more of what I love, I've been feeling a lot...younger? Not like immature, but just more energy and motivation and excitement for life. It's sooo important to do what you love! I mean that's a kind of "duh" statement, but you never see how true it is until you experience it. And yes, the ages of QAF make it way more relatable! That's funny you relate to Justin. Brian's a bad influence in certain ways, but he's full of wisdom at the same time that totally makes me think and slaps me in the face, like the quote we discussed. The other characters really don't give him enough credit, much of the time. And ha yeah, that meltdown when he turned 30 was a wee bit drama-queen ish... I just watched that episode last night. Which reminds me I need to make it over to those season discussion threads...or the Brian thread... I think turning 30 back then was probably more like turning 40 would be, now, in terms of what people were doing in their lives at those ages. Which makes more sense when the characters give Brian crap for still going to Babylon...cause I'm always like...what's the big deal, he's like 32?

Haha I know right, fanfiction.net seems like "the first place" you start out. I just haven't known where to go from there. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to check it out!

And hi Daggi! We missed you yesterday! Haha, we did pretty much take over. I saw the fanfiction thread and I'll have to check it out! I'm so excited to get good recommendations! so I can have even more stuff to procrastinate with...
Thanks for the site reference! I'll have to check it out.

Hope you get your internet stuff working! Router issues are sooo frustrating.

Old 08-17-2018, 12:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I ended up being more productive earlier today than I was yesterday, so I'm considering that a win! Still trying to get myself used to full-time freelancing... you really have to be your own boss a lot of the time, which is GREAT, but there is a learning curve on how to structure your time, for sure.

Haha, yes, QAF is definitely...detailed. And agreed, I like knowing that this stuff goes on inside of my brain! Reassures me that I'm not as horribly boring as I believe the outside world perceives me sometimes.

Agreed. Part of me is envious of that stability, but part of me finds it so exciting not to have it yet. Strange! Since I've been doing more and more of what I love, I've been feeling a lot...younger? Not like immature, but just more energy and motivation and excitement for life. It's sooo important to do what you love! I mean that's a kind of "duh" statement, but you never see how true it is until you experience it. And yes, the ages of QAF make it way more relatable! That's funny you relate to Justin. Brian's a bad influence in certain ways, but he's full of wisdom at the same time that totally makes me think and slaps me in the face, like the quote we discussed. The other characters really don't give him enough credit, much of the time. And ha yeah, that meltdown when he turned 30 was a wee bit drama-queen ish... I just watched that episode last night. Which reminds me I need to make it over to those season discussion threads...or the Brian thread... I think turning 30 back then was probably more like turning 40 would be, now, in terms of what people were doing in their lives at those ages. Which makes more sense when the characters give Brian crap for still going to Babylon...cause I'm always like...what's the big deal, he's like 32?

Haha I know right, fanfiction.net seems like "the first place" you start out. I just haven't known where to go from there. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to check it out!

And hi Daggi! We missed you yesterday! Haha, we did pretty much take over. I saw the fanfiction thread and I'll have to check it out! I'm so excited to get good recommendations! so I can have even more stuff to procrastinate with...
Thanks for the site reference! I'll have to check it out.

Hope you get your internet stuff working! Router issues are sooo frustrating.
Well, yay for productivity!! I know I would definitely have a hard with it. I am such a procrastinator.

Seriously, are you me or what?! I'm the same. I think I am totally boring. But certainly not in my head haha.

I love that, it sounds good. Doing what you love does wonders for you because you're actually happy. I look forward to it.

Yeah, I don't know why I relate to Justin lol. I mean, I love him. Just his character, I guess. Because he is relentless and doesn't give up and is brave, I guess. But I also think I relate to Michael a bit too, oops? Haha And I agree about Brian. He's not just what people perceive him. He's smart and full of wisdom, like you said. I guess so, about turning 30. Although even nowadays, turning 40 isn't that bad. I mean, it's crazy to think about nearing 30 but it doesn't bother me. Brian was more than a drama queen, he seemingly lost his mind for a minute haha. Yeah, Brian going to Babylon at 32 was not weird at all, it was normal....

Fanfiction.net will always be great but I have to say I highly prefer Archive of Our Own now.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread