Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2018, 11:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

OT Thread #306 ~ this thread just flies by

New Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Hey everyone!!

I`m home for the next three days, having my mini staycation and I love it!!

Claudia--hope your date went well

Dlyn--first day of school, good luck!!

Chris-- thank you I`d love to see your tattoos as well!!

Deborah--have fun at Universal!! And aww kids do grow up fast lol

Hope everyone else has a great day!!
Old 08-14-2018, 06:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Heeeey everyone!!

Love the new thread!!

Today I am off to get my tattoo eeeeee!!
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:39 AM
Moderator Manager
MST Manager

TFTNT Daggi!

I'm off to the park again. See ya!
Deborah - avi by me
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 07:39 AM
Loyal Fan

OK I uploaded a couple to my FB...so testing...

Here are my two most colorful. Fox and owl on my left arm. They're basically my spirit animals.

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

those are beautiful

sorry for nor being here all day. I had a geadache all day and avoided the computer as muxh as possible..

Deborah I hope you enjoyed the park today
Old 08-15-2018, 05:24 AM
Moderator Manager
MST Manager

Hi

Chris: Those tattoos are so vibrant and beautiful. That was a lot of work. Didn't it hurt? They must have taken a long time.
Deborah - avi by me
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 06:02 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Hi

we have a holiday here in bavaria today so I started to clean my room and started my vacationpile I wanted to do a little more houssework, but my energyburst already is over again
Old 08-15-2018, 06:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Thank you both.

Daggi, hope you're feeling better today. I had a bit of a headache yesterday, too. Wasn't as productive as I could've been...

Deborah, the fox wasn't super painful because the tattoo I'd gotten done before that was on the top of my foot (which is probably one of the worst spots), so in comparison, it felt like nothing. The owl took the longest, by far - about 4.5 hours. There's so much tiny detail in it that it required lots of going back over the same spot, which can be agonizing. The worst part with a tattoo like that is how they have to keep wiping it off over and over agai and towards the end you really start to be like JUST STOP.

But they're so worth it.

Hope you guys have a good day. I'm still waking myself up and trying to get inspiration to start working (I do freelance writing from home), but I've totally been organizing my QAF fan video playlist on YouTube into a separate list for my "super favorites" and saving audio of some of them...

Old 08-15-2018, 06:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Chris, those tattoos are incredible!!

Daggi, hope you feel better

My tattoo went well yesterday. It took literally three minutes. And I loved the tattoo artist, he was funny and nice. And I am so happy with my tattoo!!

Chris, you're a freelance writer? That's awesome!! I'm in the midst of trying to figure out what to do with my life lol and I'd love to do something like that. And I know exactly how that is, you're supposed to write and instead you start doing something else

Let's see if this works. The tattoo I got yesterday:

Last edited by daggerrose; 08-15-2018 at 07:02 AM
Old 08-15-2018, 07:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Chris, those tattoos are incredible!!

Daggi, hope you feel better

My tattoo went well yesterday. It took literally three minutes. And I loved the tattoo artist, he was funny and nice. And I am so happy with my tattoo!!

Chris, you're a freelance writer? That's awesome!! I'm in the midst of trying to figure out what to do with my life lol and I'd love to do something like that. And I know exactly how that is, you're supposed to write and instead you start doing something else
Thank you!!

I'm glad it went well! Having a great tattoo artist makes such a difference. I found one I love and I've never cheated on him since. I like your new tattoo! It's cute. It reminds me of Blink 182...? What is the significance to you?

I am! I just went full-time with it, this week, in fact! It took some courage to leave my day job but it just didn't make sense anymore to stay there. And haha, I understand the struggle of "trying to figure out what to do with your life" ALL TOO WELL. I went to college for writing but then after I graduated I kind of floundered around through several different jobs before I was FINALLY like, y'know what? I'm actually going to do what I love, and what I'm good at. You can totally do it, if you want! I found a great company to work for and I'm very happy. And yes, ha, the struggle of sitting down to START writing is very, very real.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Hey, everyone. I hope you are all doing well. I'm installing a new workload to my IDE so I can utilized this new programming language (Visual Basic) I'm picking up. I know five, but I wanted to add another.

Chris, your tattoos are stunning! The artist did such an excellent job with them. They're so eye-popping and gorgeous. Congratulations on them.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
SojournHeart11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 08:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi everyone~
Deborah, small world, right? I grew up and went to high school in West Palm Beach and Boynton is only about 10 minutes away! You mentioned Sunrise... I saw my first concert at the Sunrise Musical Theater ( Donny and Marie) ha! Do you remember that place or the Hollywood Sportatorium?

Ok, I do feel better knowing that Addie and Chris are writers bc I always think everyone expresses themselves so well on here ( better than me ~ ha)

Wow! The tattoos are impressive~ I don’t think I could stand the pain!

So far the first week of school has gone well~ a few criers and one runner but we got through it.
My son goes back to college on Saturday so I am a little sad about that after having him home for a few months
Dlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Hey everyone!!

Chris--my tattoo is the trademark of Louis Tomlinson (of One Direction). The smiley is his thing and even a tattoo he has. 4 out of my 7 tattoos are related to them. Can you say obsession?

Quote:
I am! I just went full-time with it, this week, in fact! It took some courage to leave my day job but it just didn't make sense anymore to stay there. And haha, I understand the struggle of "trying to figure out what to do with your life" ALL TOO WELL. I went to college for writing but then after I graduated I kind of floundered around through several different jobs before I was FINALLY like, y'know what? I'm actually going to do what I love, and what I'm good at. You can totally do it, if you want! I found a great company to work for and I'm very happy. And yes, ha, the struggle of sitting down to START writing is very, very real.
Honestly, that sounds like exactly something I want to do. I'm currently working four days a week in an office and I really don't want to do this forever lol. I went to school for TV Production. I've been thinking about going back for writing. If you don't mind me asking, because I am dying for information haha, how did you get to where you are? Finding the company, being full-time, etc? What kind of writing do you do?

Aww Dlyn, you express yourself just fine!! I can't even spell half of the time Aww I'm sure your son will miss you too!!
Old 08-16-2018, 07:20 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Hey everyone!!

Chris--my tattoo is the trademark of Louis Tomlinson (of One Direction). The smiley is his thing and even a tattoo he has. 4 out of my 7 tattoos are related to them. Can you say obsession?

Honestly, that sounds like exactly something I want to do. I'm currently working four days a week in an office and I really don't want to do this forever lol. I went to school for TV Production. I've been thinking about going back for writing. If you don't mind me asking, because I am dying for information haha, how did you get to where you are? Finding the company, being full-time, etc? What kind of writing do you do?

Aww Dlyn, you express yourself just fine!! I can't even spell half of the time Aww I'm sure your son will miss you too!!
Thank you all so much for your feedback on my tattoos! Yes there is some pain involved, but the end result is so worth it! It's a couple of hours for something that lasts a lifetime. And after you get your first one, you're pretty used to it.

That's awesome to know there's another person on here who's obsessed with a band. I'm obsessed with Lifehouse - I've been to more concerts than I've kept track of and have met them tons of times since I was 16. My first fangirl obsession.

I have several tattoos relating to the Legend of Zelda (video game series). So I can understand the obsessive theme carrying over to your tattoos, too!

Hehe, I just left an office job. Ugh. I did not like it at all. All the multitasking with the phones ringing and having clients right in front of me and having people talking to me on the computer was mentally exhausting. Didn't work well for me and my brain, anyway. And sure, you can ask away! Well, I studied journalism in college, so I have a B.A. in it. I just searched for "freelance writing" jobs online, and I believe the website I used to find my current job with TrustedChoice was indeed.com. I just read their posting and I loved their vibe (they have a funny/conversational tone which I really connect with), so I applied and they gave me a test assignment - they told me mine was the best of all their applicants. But then they just started giving me assignments and I wrote something that they loved so much they were like, "How much work can we give you each week?" and at that time I was still wanting to hold onto my day job, so I didn't take on too much more...but then as more and more time passed I really wanted to focus on my writing job cause I love it so much, so I asked them if I could still have more work and they gave me two months' worth of assignments so I said to my day job! I'm optimistic that it'll continue to be this much work, since it's been happening the past few months and I was kind of waiting to see that trend before I felt secure in leaving my office job. I'm taking a bit of a risk, cause freelancing always is, but I know that if it's ever slow with this job, I can take on a random project or work with another client for a while. There's lots of people looking! It's mainly about putting in the effort of really searching on the internet. Also, this job allowed ME to set my prices. Soooo, they won me.

Old 08-16-2018, 08:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
Thank you all so much for your feedback on my tattoos! Yes there is some pain involved, but the end result is so worth it! It's a couple of hours for something that lasts a lifetime. And after you get your first one, you're pretty used to it.

That's awesome to know there's another person on here who's obsessed with a band. I'm obsessed with Lifehouse - I've been to more concerts than I've kept track of and have met them tons of times since I was 16. My first fangirl obsession.

I have several tattoos relating to the Legend of Zelda (video game series). So I can understand the obsessive theme carrying over to your tattoos, too!

Hehe, I just left an office job. Ugh. I did not like it at all. All the multitasking with the phones ringing and having clients right in front of me and having people talking to me on the computer was mentally exhausting. Didn't work well for me and my brain, anyway. And sure, you can ask away! Well, I studied journalism in college, so I have a B.A. in it. I just searched for "freelance writing" jobs online, and I believe the website I used to find my current job with TrustedChoice was indeed.com. I just read their posting and I loved their vibe (they have a funny/conversational tone which I really connect with), so I applied and they gave me a test assignment - they told me mine was the best of all their applicants. But then they just started giving me assignments and I wrote something that they loved so much they were like, "How much work can we give you each week?" and at that time I was still wanting to hold onto my day job, so I didn't take on too much more...but then as more and more time passed I really wanted to focus on my writing job cause I love it so much, so I asked them if I could still have more work and they gave me two months' worth of assignments so I said to my day job! I'm optimistic that it'll continue to be this much work, since it's been happening the past few months and I was kind of waiting to see that trend before I felt secure in leaving my office job. I'm taking a bit of a risk, cause freelancing always is, but I know that if it's ever slow with this job, I can take on a random project or work with another client for a while. There's lots of people looking! It's mainly about putting in the effort of really searching on the internet. Also, this job allowed ME to set my prices. Soooo, they won me.
Wow that's amazing!! Oh yeah, I am definitely the fangirl haha. I have loved many things over my life. As for bands, my major top two are The Beatles and One Direction. I have a tattoo for John Lennon and would like a Beatles one as well.

Wow that sounds amazing!! I would love that so much, honestly. My thing is--I've never really like Journalism. As in, I don't want to be a reporter or on camera or writing news. I've always been more screenplays and stories. Which I love. But I also love writing about things I love (see my novels on this board ). Lately, I've been looking at Entertainment Journalism. It sounds like something I would like. I would like to write for a magazine or something like that. I've been thinking about going back to study and possibly Entertainment Journalism. And I love that you can set your own prices and kind of work at your own pace. I would love that so much. I'm nearly 28, I feel like I should make the decision soon lol.
Reply   Post New Thread