Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2018, 04:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Well, yay for productivity!! I know I would definitely have a hard with it. I am such a procrastinator.

Seriously, are you me or what?! I'm the same. I think I am totally boring. But certainly not in my head haha.

I love that, it sounds good. Doing what you love does wonders for you because you're actually happy. I look forward to it.

Yeah, I don't know why I relate to Justin lol. I mean, I love him. Just his character, I guess. Because he is relentless and doesn't give up and is brave, I guess. But I also think I relate to Michael a bit too, oops? Haha And I agree about Brian. He's not just what people perceive him. He's smart and full of wisdom, like you said. I guess so, about turning 30. Although even nowadays, turning 40 isn't that bad. I mean, it's crazy to think about nearing 30 but it doesn't bother me. Brian was more than a drama queen, he seemingly lost his mind for a minute haha. Yeah, Brian going to Babylon at 32 was not weird at all, it was normal....

Fanfiction.net will always be great but I have to say I highly prefer Archive of Our Own now.
One thing I love about writing are the deadlines - cause they help me with my procrastination. I'm so bad, though...sooooo bad.

And we do seem to be linked or something! Agreed, my head is all kinds of interesting! I guess cause I'm so entertained by my own fantasy world I don't feel the need to seem super "interesting" on the outside? Whatever. Haha.

I'm rooting for you to find what you love! It's life-changing.

Haha. Honestly, Justin is a character that's really grown on me. I was not such a huge fan during my first watch of the series. Still not a huge fan of him in the beginning - like Scott Lowell said, he's kinda bratty at first. But I do seriously admire his bravery, like you said. And it is kind of admirable the way he went after Brian, though perhaps someone more self-respecting would've given up much quicker. Lol. I'm sooo glad he didn't, though! And of course I really love him a bit later on in the series. And about relating to Michael! How so? I kind of can, in the nerd sense. I used to much more. My nerdiness is more covert now. 40 doesn't seem that bad, but it seems a lot older than 30 does, at least to me. Much more like I "should have my life figured out by then" lol. Agreed - I don't mind being almost 30, but at the same time it's like whaaaat? I still feel like such a youngin' haha. But that's a good thing. And right, Brian totally lost it. Probably had a little to do with thinking Michael was leaving too, though. I'd be interested to get into a discussion on the season one thread about if we think Brian was actually attempting suicide or not...

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 08-18-2018, 11:23 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
One thing I love about writing are the deadlines - cause they help me with my procrastination. I'm so bad, though...sooooo bad.

And we do seem to be linked or something! Agreed, my head is all kinds of interesting! I guess cause I'm so entertained by my own fantasy world I don't feel the need to seem super "interesting" on the outside? Whatever. Haha.

I'm rooting for you to find what you love! It's life-changing.

Haha. Honestly, Justin is a character that's really grown on me. I was not such a huge fan during my first watch of the series. Still not a huge fan of him in the beginning - like Scott Lowell said, he's kinda bratty at first. But I do seriously admire his bravery, like you said. And it is kind of admirable the way he went after Brian, though perhaps someone more self-respecting would've given up much quicker. Lol. I'm sooo glad he didn't, though! And of course I really love him a bit later on in the series. And about relating to Michael! How so? I kind of can, in the nerd sense. I used to much more. My nerdiness is more covert now. 40 doesn't seem that bad, but it seems a lot older than 30 does, at least to me. Much more like I "should have my life figured out by then" lol. Agreed - I don't mind being almost 30, but at the same time it's like whaaaat? I still feel like such a youngin' haha. But that's a good thing. And right, Brian totally lost it. Probably had a little to do with thinking Michael was leaving too, though. I'd be interested to get into a discussion on the season one thread about if we think Brian was actually attempting suicide or not...
lol I agree about the deadlines. It definitely motivates you

Haha yeah I totally get that. I mean, it's very fun in my head.

Thank you!!

I agree about Justin. I mean, he was very bratty and obsessive and sometimes the way he was at the beginning, going after Brian, it was cringey. But with him, I like the way he grew and changed and became very strong and brave and confident. Lol Justin is my baby, I love him As for Michael--the nerd aspect a bit, I guess. I feel with him, I identify with him trying to find his way and then he ultimately did and I love that. Time definitely passes quickly!! Yeah, that would be definitely something interesting to talk about in the season one thread.
Old 08-18-2018, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

trying to get a bit of sleep now

wish everybody a good reat of the day and a good night

see you tomorrow

icon by Daggi
Old 08-19-2018, 10:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
lol I agree about the deadlines. It definitely motivates you

Haha yeah I totally get that. I mean, it's very fun in my head.

Thank you!!

I agree about Justin. I mean, he was very bratty and obsessive and sometimes the way he was at the beginning, going after Brian, it was cringey. But with him, I like the way he grew and changed and became very strong and brave and confident. Lol Justin is my baby, I love him As for Michael--the nerd aspect a bit, I guess. I feel with him, I identify with him trying to find his way and then he ultimately did and I love that. Time definitely passes quickly!! Yeah, that would be definitely something interesting to talk about in the season one thread.
SO fun living in my head.

Totally in stalker mode at the beginning. He did grow impressively - strong and brave and confident, like you said. It's true. Especially because of the way his dad was. Aww yeah, I get what you mean about Michael now. When he's feeling lost in the beginning of season 2, I could relate to that a couple years ago big time. I love the convo he has with Deb about it.

I just wrote my first "novel' in the season one thread.

Old 08-19-2018, 10:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
SO fun living in my head.

Totally in stalker mode at the beginning. He did grow impressively - strong and brave and confident, like you said. It's true. Especially because of the way his dad was. Aww yeah, I get what you mean about Michael now. When he's feeling lost in the beginning of season 2, I could relate to that a couple years ago big time. I love the convo he has with Deb about it.

I just wrote my first "novel' in the season one thread.
Haha mine too!!

Lol yeah he honestly was a big dramatic brat. But he did grow and I love how his character turned out by season five. Lol yes, Michael's conversation with Debbie!!

I saw your novel and I will reply to it but not right now because I have to go haha But I really liked it and your observations!!
Old 08-19-2018, 10:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Haha mine too!!

Lol yeah he honestly was a big dramatic brat. But he did grow and I love how his character turned out by season five. Lol yes, Michael's conversation with Debbie!!

I saw your novel and I will reply to it but not right now because I have to go haha But I really liked it and your observations!!
He was, but luckily he develops. Otherwise I probably would've found the whole show terribly annoying. That's probably another reason I used to ship Michael and Brian more in my first watch, because Justin's such a brat in the beginning.

And yay! I'm glad you liked it. Looking forward to your responses, and discussing further! I have SO many more thoughts!

Old 08-19-2018, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

happy sunday to all, although mine is almost over

icon by Daggi
Old 08-20-2018, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Good Morning!

Another day to drudge through. Actually it's the driving to drudge through. I'm glad I have an audiobook to keep me awake...and Starbucks. Or...I call people from the road to be my car buddy. I've been doing this trip for over a year now. I will miss coming here every other week though. I have to be here next week for a business meeting, then off to Germany!!

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-20-2018, 05:58 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
He was, but luckily he develops. Otherwise I probably would've found the whole show terribly annoying. That's probably another reason I used to ship Michael and Brian more in my first watch, because Justin's such a brat in the beginning.

And yay! I'm glad you liked it. Looking forward to your responses, and discussing further! I have SO many more thoughts!
Thank God for that then, I would be sad if this show annoyed me Or maybe I just like Justin because I'm annoying. We'll never know.

I am headed over there now haha!!

Hi Daggi and Deborah Driving endlessly sounds tiring but thank God for audiobooks and coffee!!
Old 08-20-2018, 07:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thank God for that then, I would be sad if this show annoyed me Or maybe I just like Justin because I'm annoying. We'll never know.

I am headed over there now haha!!

Hi Daggi and Deborah Driving endlessly sounds tiring but thank God for audiobooks and coffee!!
It would be terrible if the show annoyed me. But there are definitely some storylines/characters that DO annoy me. Oh well. It is by far my favorite show ever made.

Yay!! Let the s1 discussion commence. I saw your responses, was going to try to wait until someone else chimes in before I respond again.

Hi Daggi! Deborah, where's your trip to?

BTW, here's the graphic I made/hung up and framed. And the quote I hope to soon get tattooed.

Last edited by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!; 08-20-2018 at 08:02 AM
Old 08-20-2018, 08:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
It would be terrible if the show annoyed me. But there are definitely some storylines/characters that DO annoy me. Oh well. It is by far my favorite show ever made.

Yay!! Let the s1 discussion commence. I saw your responses, was going to try to wait until someone else chimes in before I respond again.

Hi Daggi! Deborah, where's your trip to?

BTW, here's the graphic I made/hung up and framed. And the quote I hope to soon get tattooed.
Haha definitely agree!!

Oh wow that graphic!! Actually, I posted a picture on IG the other day and I used that quote.
Old 08-20-2018, 03:05 PM
Master Fan

Glad you agree and like the graphic. And that's awesome, share it if you want! That quote is the best. Can't wait for my tatt.

Old 08-20-2018, 04:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Can’t wait to see what it looks like when you do finally get it!!
Old 08-21-2018, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hi everyone!

Today is youngest child's birthday...she is 20 years old.

I'll have a full house and a birthday celebration this afternoon. I don't think I can take my kids getting older anymore. Can't they just stop?
Old 08-21-2018, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Hi everyone!

Today is youngest child's birthday...she is 20 years old.

I'll have a full house and a birthday celebration this afternoon. I don't think I can take my kids getting older anymore. Can't they just stop?
I don't think that will work, but they could find own places to give the party and invite you over for a change

btw .. say happy birthday to Samantha

Chris ~ Deborah is coming over to visit me in September and then I'm coming with her to spend a fe days with er in Florida Vacationtime

Sorry for not being here yesterday.. my router is still annoying the hell out of me but I'm getting a new one tomorrow.. if I manage to set it up tomorrow..

icon by Daggi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread