Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2018, 07:19 AM
Extreme Fan

September 11th--very sad day. I was almost 11 when it happened. We actually had come home from the States the day before (driving). I didn't really fully understand what was happening but everyone was scared and freaking out. Having been to the site three times since then (once when it was still a construction site five years later and twice being the memorial it is now)--you can feel it. And I've been to the museum and it;s basically living it and it's so so sad.

Anyways....

I'm home today which is nice. Going to try and get some things done and be productive or something lol.

Glad you guys are having fun, Daggi!!
Old 09-12-2018, 07:36 AM
Master Fan

Yay, glad you're having fun, Daggi and Deborah! Have a safe trip to her place!

I've been to the site of the World Trade Center, and you're right that it's very heavy and you can still feel it. Even though I'm only a few hours from NYC, I never went to NY until after the towers were destroyed, which makes me a little sad. It always gets me in the gut when I watch shows like FRIENDS and you see the towers in tact.

I was actually thinking about what it must've been like for the QAF cast at that time. They would've been filming around that day, and been in Toronto. I do wonder what it was like to have been in another country when that was going on, especially as an American. I wonder if they all huddled together around a TV or anything.

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 09-12-2018, 09:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
Yay, glad you're having fun, Daggi and Deborah!

I was actually thinking about what it must've been like for the QAF cast at that time. They would've been filming around that day, and been in Toronto. I do wonder what it was like to have been in another country when that was going on, especially as an American. I wonder if they all huddled together around a TV or anything.
I remember an interview where Sharon Gless said that they were all huddled together on September 11th in one the their apartments.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlyn (View Post)
I remember an interview where Sharon Gless said that they were all huddled together on September 11th in one the their apartments.
Aww. Thanks for sharing.

Old 09-12-2018, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was 16 when it happened. I just got back from school and turned on the TV when it happened. It was an awful tragedy. I had not Internet back then, so I was buying all newspapers daily to get all the information.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:05 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
Yay, glad you're having fun, Daggi and Deborah! Have a safe trip to her place!

I've been to the site of the World Trade Center, and you're right that it's very heavy and you can still feel it. Even though I'm only a few hours from NYC, I never went to NY until after the towers were destroyed, which makes me a little sad. It always gets me in the gut when I watch shows like FRIENDS and you see the towers in tact.

Yeah, when it was still a construction site, it was a very haunting experience. You stood there looking out onto rubble (even though this was five/six years later) and you could feel it. I've never felt that in my life before. Quite frankly, you could feel death in the air. But, afterwards, when I saw the memorial, it felt completely different. Almost nice in a way? In that I mean that it felt like it's supposed to, a beautiful place in memory of all the people who were killed. Same about Friends or anything set in NYC when the towers still stood.

Quote:
Oh wow

---

Back at work today blaaaah lol I like staying home.

Also--I miss watching QAF and the withdrawal is REAL.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Just stopping by for a short hello in between flights

icon by Daggi
Old 09-13-2018, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey girls
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 09-13-2018, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
Hey! Have a safe flight!

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
Deborah and Daggi ~ safe travels!!! ✈️
Old 09-13-2018, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Yeah, when it was still a construction site, it was a very haunting experience. You stood there looking out onto rubble (even though this was five/six years later) and you could feel it. I've never felt that in my life before. Quite frankly, you could feel death in the air. But, afterwards, when I saw the memorial, it felt completely different. Almost nice in a way? In that I mean that it felt like it's supposed to, a beautiful place in memory of all the people who were killed. Same about Friends or anything set in NYC when the towers still stood.

Back at work today blaaaah lol I like staying home.

Also--I miss watching QAF and the withdrawal is REAL.
I think I saw it both as the site and the memorial, now that I think back. I went to NYC twice, a few years apart. You're so right that you could "feel the death in the air". Perfect summary. Very chilling and haunting and heartbreaking. I can't even imagine, those poor people having to jump... And yeah, agreed that the memorial felt nice.

IDK how you're dealing with that QAF withdrawal...I can barely make it one day.

Hope you guys are having a good week! I got a tattoo touched-up yesterday and had another awesome night of sleep filled with Gale dreams afterwards. Soooo there definitely seems to be a theme, here.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Gonna watch a show before sleeping. Hopefully I will be able to go to work tomorrow if the weather ends up co-operating.
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 09-13-2018, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Hey, everyone. Apologies for my absence for the last day or so, I've been quite busy. I'm tired tonight but I'll be sure to post tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a good day.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 09-14-2018, 06:02 AM
Extreme Fan

Hello everyone!!

Deborah and Daggi--safe flight, hope all is fun and well

Chris--I saw your tattoo, looks amazing!! And no, I am not handling my QAF withdrawal well. I cannot wait to watch it again.

Hope everyone else has a great day!!
Old 09-14-2018, 07:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Hello everyone!!

Deborah and Daggi--safe flight, hope all is fun and well

Chris--I saw your tattoo, looks amazing!! And no, I am not handling my QAF withdrawal well. I cannot wait to watch it again.

Hope everyone else has a great day!!
Thank you!! I've never gotten touch-ups done before and WOW did that one hurt!! Definitely don't remember the original tattoo being that painful.

My tattoo artist is hilarious. He and the other guys in the shop were having a conversation about what bands they'd get into a fight with if they could. At first I was like, "I can't think of anyone," but the more that needle drilled into my arm the more I was like, "And I hate this band and THIS band can die!!! " Hahaha.

Good luck with your QAF withdrawal. How many days left?

Quote:
Hey, everyone. Apologies for my absence for the last day or so, I've been quite busy. I'm tired tonight but I'll be sure to post tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a good day.
You've been missed! Looking forward to your posts later.

Daggi and Deborah, hope your flights went well and you're having a great time in the states now!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread