Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2018, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Denise you're already done with your yard? Any time left to do mine? I haven't even started.. ok we had snow here two weeks ago but I really have to start palnting my grass and flowerseeds hopefully friday or aaturday. it should stay sunny they said. when everything starts growing I'm posting a pic
I work pretty fast when I'm outside. I just like to get it done. And I would help you with your gardening if I could, too. Planting is one of the things I aspire to do, but I have to be in the right mode to take care of them. Plants are just green pets, and like regular pets they require lots of care. Glad you're getting a chance to do it.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 04-04-2018, 05:46 AM
Ultimate Fan

Oh Denise can you beam over and help me too? We are so slack with our gardening We know we should do it but we just don't

Daggi - glad today is going better with your dad and hope you get your planting done Do you plant fruits and vegetables too or just the grass and flowers? If I wasn't such a bad gardener I would like to plant fruits and vegetables
Old 04-04-2018, 05:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
Oh Denise can you beam over and help me too? We are so slack with our gardening We know we should do it but we just don't

Daggi - glad today is going better with your dad and hope you get your planting done Do you plant fruits and vegetables too or just the grass and flowers? If I wasn't such a bad gardener I would like to plant fruits and vegetables
I would love to plant vegetables too, but same here.. I'm, just too lazy to water it regularily and it won't grow right.. so we do have aples and plums in our garden and a few blackberries and rhubarb, and I put up a few spices every yearm, but that's it. I wouldn't have to plant grass normally, but after our big construcionwork last year the gras didn't come back properly.. so I have to .. I'm just happy that all the little springflowers reapeared everywhere, cause I thought they are gone for good I will take pics from before. so you guys know what I'm talking about

icon by Daggi
Old 04-04-2018, 05:59 AM
Ultimate Fan

Sounds like you have some very nice fruit in your garden though Daggi - yum
Old 04-04-2018, 06:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Sounds like you have some very nice fruit in your garden though Daggi - yum
the appletree is really old and big. last year it had so much apples we weren't able to eat them.. it is already over 80 yxears old, and it is an old sort same with the plums. oh and I forgot about the gooseberries and red currant berries we used to have a lot more trees and fruits when I was a kid, but not anymore.. I'd love to have some strawberries, but most of our fruits get eaten by birds anyway

icon by Daggi
Old 04-04-2018, 06:10 AM
Ultimate Fan

yum! I could just beam over to your place and eat some delicious home grown fruit You have a good selection What did you do with the apples? Do you sell them or give them to your neighbours?
Old 04-04-2018, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are all well today. I'm so elated that you guys are being so active here. I love you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)

Deborah I hope your mom is doing ok and you didn't have to carry all those heavy things from sams club.. I guess she just doesn't think that you are hurt and can't carry things.. .. btw did she like her little present? and did Stephanie too?
OMG Daggi! They LOVED your gifts. My sister loved the sugar skull cig case and Kit flashlight (I got batteries) and mom loved the wind chime. She has it hanging already. I have to take a picture.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Hey Deborah

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 04-04-2018, 06:16 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hi Deborah
Old 04-04-2018, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
yum! I could just beam over to your place and eat some delicious home grown fruit You have a good selection What did you do with the apples? Do you sell them or give them to your neighbours?
It is a very late kind, so it isn't ripe before October, but then I give them away to friends, neighbours and family and make pies and applesauce myself.. the ones that aren't to reach just stay on for the birds in winter.. that tree is so big, it is impossible to get to the top, cause you can't climb in it anymore

Deborah I'm glad they liked it. I got a lightner with the same motive too, but I didn't dare to send it, so I bring it next time

icon by Daggi
Old 04-04-2018, 06:22 AM
Ultimate Fan

My parents have mango trees like that - I could never reach the fruit at the top but seen as though I don't like mango it's all ok
Old 04-04-2018, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not a fan of mango either.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I love Mango, but it is really hard to find good ones here.. some are not ripe enough and the rest is too ripe what I don't like are the big seeds indside and that you can't get the fruit off it without making a mess

icon by Daggi
Old 04-04-2018, 06:28 AM
Ultimate Fan

Everyone here thinks I am a little odd to not like mango as it is a tropical fruit especially when I tell the kid I teach Lucky my husband doesn't like it either
Old 04-04-2018, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Why should you be odd, cause you don't like a local fruit I don't like a lot of local things.. (no beer, no sauerkraut.. and yes I am a born bavarian girl)

I have to go now..

it was so much fun to talk to you guy in real time I wishe d that would happen more often..

maybe we should schedule meetings like that?

icon by Daggi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread