Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2018, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Hey, everybody.

Deborah I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galesgirl645 (View Post)
hey girls

So over the last 24 hours or so we have received the most shocking news in the family! My mom's dad (my grandpa) who left his family (my mom, my aunts and grandma) when my mom was little is alive! (we all thought he was dead after not hearing from him all of this time). He's been living in Mexico this whole time and has used a different name and has a family.
Claudia, that is crazy! It's great you at least know where he is, what he is doing... that he's still alive. Now your mom and grandmother may have a little closure. Kinda crappy he left your grandmother, though. Sorry that happened. He missed out on a lot with the first family he created.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 03-20-2018, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow. Jeez.
How did you guys find out he's alive?
Did he try to get in contact?

{ ... i am the one you fell in love with. who promises you to do it right.
... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 03-20-2018, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

wow Claudia that is crazy.. let us know how that story of your family goes on

I finally went to get my hair done and to send some mail

icon by Daggi
Old 03-20-2018, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey girls

Stupid weather is preventing me from earning money and it's most likely going to continue tomorrow too

So yeah one of my new found aunts had sent my mom a facebook message on Sunday night but since we didn't know who it was we wanted to be cautious however on Monday my mom saw that they had also reached out to my other aunt. So both my mom and my aunt have been in contact with them through Facebook. My mom even talked to my grandpa yesterday. My aunt who lives in Honduras is wanting to go to Mexico to visit them in August however my mom is hesitant because of the situation in Mexico (there's a lot of violence). So yeah it's been pretty shocking! I now have 2 new aunts and 2 new uncles and a lot of cousins apparently. Also my grandmother she died several years ago.
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 03-20-2018, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

wow, Claudia, that is pretty crazy..

icon by Daggi
Old 03-20-2018, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know! It's been quite the shock! it's pretty nice though because on my mom's side I don't have much family until now. It's always just been my aunt who lives in Honduras and a cousin that lives near my aunt in Honduras. My other aunt has been MIA for a long time as well (the cousin who lives in Honduras is the daughter of my missing aunt). All of the family I have known and that live near me are on my dad's side.
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 03-20-2018, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I think that is the most beautiful thing, Claudia. I'm so happy you have all re-connected because we each only get this one life, and you must reach out to people while you still can. That is exactly what happened here... I'm so glad for each of you.

Sorry your grandmother is no longer here to see it.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 03-21-2018, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hi everyone!

I'm back and will be posting, but still at my mom's.

I'm going to be a Safety Marshall for the March For Our Lives event on Saturday in Tampa. I'm really excited about that. Let's cross our fingers that I'm healthy.

I'm going to take a short break from FB soon. So if we are friends on there and it looks like I'm gone, I'll be back.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey girls

2nd snow day I wanted to be spring weather already. My paycheck is going to be lousy...
Icon by Zonikita
Old 03-21-2018, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey Claudia

Sorry you've had to miss work due to the weather. It's been a crazy winter.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh well at least I don't work at the hospital anymore (they require you to show up and you get into trouble when you don't show up).
Icon by Zonikita
Old 03-22-2018, 01:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

That is terrible Claudia, cause you can't make the weather, and it sounds kind unfair if you are blamed for something you haven't influence in..

It is sunny now at my place but still really cold... - 10 C

icon by Daggi
Old 03-22-2018, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hi guys!

We're still lucky with the temp here being below 80º. I'm just trying to enjoy it before it becomes the 90's and we'll wish for 80's.

I'll be driving back home today.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey girls I went out to eat and ran some errands finally the weather has cleared up.

Daggi- I wouldn't recommend working at a hospital... not just because of the inclement weather policy but because of the environment...
Icon by Zonikita
Old 03-23-2018, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Good morning!

I have to leave at 8:00 this morning, but I'm going to post a little right now. I have 3 appointments in a row today. I feel like I need a nap already.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread