New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2018, 11:26 AM
Moderator Support Team
the thumpathumpa goes on

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

This thing ith the musicthread is really odd.. I ould have expected a notice to one of us to remove the thing that might have caused the closing. the thread was pretty old, thinking about that Debs opened it and she is gone quite a while now, and it was almost done for closing.. of course we all lose a lot of postcounts because of it.. hopfully they sort it out soon

Fiona ~ it is so sad to hear that your grandma wasn't treated the way she deserves in a place where only people should work who are illing to wok with elderly people.. that is one reason I don't want my dad to go into a care center as long as it is possible

I didn't do much for my birthday, but I gave myself an other day off there must be some prviledges in working from a home office I got a beautiful scarf from my friend Alex and his wife and my sister gave me a lot of little treats of Doctor Who and a puzzle

going to post a bit now

icon by Deborah
Old 01-10-2018, 04:07 AM
the thumpathumpa goes on

Thanks guys Mum went back and saw Grandma again today and she is feeling much happier about everything today so that is good. She actually loves living there and most of the staff have been amazing to her and her care has been very good except for this one girl. She spoke rudely to Grandma and lied to the head nurse when questioned a number of times and tried to lie about what grandma had said or done but the head nurse believed us so she was going to be sorting out the girl who was supposed to be a part of the care team. So that's good

Quote:
I didn't do much for my birthday, but I gave myself an other day off there must be some prviledges in working from a home office I got a beautiful scarf from my friend Alex and his wife and my sister gave me a lot of little treats of Doctor Who and a puzzle
Sounds great Daggi and I am a big fan of having my birthday off Why not on your special day? It only happens once a year after all Sounds like nice presents too

Quote:
I miss being on here so much. I know I'm posted away, and I'm really busy with my mom, but it gets depressing and I can't let my mom know, because she feels guilty that I'm here.
Oh Deborah we miss you here too but even seeing your posts when you can be are good . I know it must be hard because you don't want to upset your mum and she doesn't want to upset and be a burden to you either. But this time is precious with her and you won't regret it later in life. We know you get here when you can - when I go back to work I won't be able to be here as much as I like or when I get unwell I am not here but I always know you guys are here supporting me and being here when I get back for me and we are the same for you We're all here for you too
Old 01-10-2018, 08:43 AM
Moderator Support Team
the thumpathumpa goes on

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I'm glad things could be worked out with your grandmas care. At least they believed you more then that strange nurse..

I had a pretty busy day today, and I'm not finished yet... :faceplam: I really hate those days where you have a deadline...

and the day already started crazy for me.. I forgot to put the trashcan on the street so that it can be emptied now I have an overfull trashcan for the nexyt two weeks. glad it is cold outside and I can put the rest of the trashbags in out shed outside, but then it will already be full the next time.. I have to keep filling up my neighbours the nxt few times till I'm back on track...

icon by Deborah
Old 01-11-2018, 02:13 AM
the thumpathumpa goes on

Hey Daggi - hope you get it all done and before the deadline and you can relax then with some QAF or some other show or book you like

I've forgotten to put out our bins before too - in fact it is bin night here actually I put them out already though It's good it's cold for you to be able to put the rubbish out? Are your neighbours away or do you sneak over in the middle of the night to put your trash in their bins? That's what I'd do - try and be sneaky I think

Hope everyone has had a nice day today
Old 01-11-2018, 04:14 AM
Moderator Support Team
the thumpathumpa goes on

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I don't have to be very sneaky.. I'm taking out his bins too, so I just have to use it. it mostly is only halfway full.. well not this time.. but the next

I did watch some QaF later and read in my fanfic, talked to a friend on the phone so my evening was quite relaxing

how do you spend the rest of your free time? I already know that I will miss your posting during my day when you are back working

icon by Deborah
Old 01-11-2018, 05:10 AM
the thumpathumpa goes on

Sounds like a great relaxing evening .

I watch tv and read a LOT! I'm going to miss being able to stay up late and talk in real time or have time during the day to post as well - it'll be back to a little bit at night when I can
Old 01-11-2018, 01:58 PM
the thumpathumpa goes on

Hey girls

I went out to eat and bought some things I needed
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 01-11-2018, 02:58 PM
Elite Fan

I've finally finished the birthday cake phew! Oh my gosh I looked everywhere trying to buy sticks of vanilla pods in the supermarket! Why is it when you go grocery shopping they never have something what you really desperately need!!??!

Hope you are all good!
do you have any plans for the weekend?

Hilarie and Kit board.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:11 PM
the thumpathumpa goes on

I spent most of the evening watching a show and now I'm off to sleep! goodnight
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 01-12-2018, 04:50 AM
the thumpathumpa goes on

Vicki - that sucks that you couldn't find what you wanted easily - it's always like that ism't it. Glad you got the cake finished though - how was it decorated?

Claudia - good night Sleep well. I hope you enjoyed your show
Old 01-12-2018, 09:12 AM
Moderator Support Team
the thumpathumpa goes on

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Hey there

Vicki, I know what you mean.. me living in a small town haveing the same problem... that's why I order a lot of things on amazon...

have to leave for work in a bit.. weekends are always so busy for me..

icon by Deborah
Old 01-13-2018, 05:28 AM
the thumpathumpa goes on

Daggi - do you have most of your classes on the weekends?

I went shopping today and got some new lunch boxes and a few new clothes for work and had breakfast out which was so yummy!! Watched some tv tonight - it was a nice day
Old 01-13-2018, 09:34 AM
Moderator Manager
MST Manager
the thumpathumpa goes on

Hi guys!

Daggi: Amazon is life.

I'm just popping in while I can take a few moments to myself. I miss you guys so much!
Old 01-13-2018, 11:08 AM
Moderator Support Team
the thumpathumpa goes on

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Hi all

Deborah we miss you like crazy here my friend.. hope you find time to pop in here more often

Fiona~ I only have my dance classes on the weekends. I would love to go there every day, but I can't leave my dad alone every day. I'm glad it works with the weekends

Today I was really surprised to find my dad preparing dinner when I came downstairs from the bathroom he didn't do something like that for ages. I think it also helps that on those days, I go to work, someone of the healthcare team comes by at night to help him change into his pyjamas. maybe it doesn't seem so long for him...

icon by Deborah
Old 01-13-2018, 05:50 PM
the thumpathumpa goes on

Hey girls

Today was busy at work I'm glad I have tomorrow off
Icon by Zonikita
Closed Thread   Post New Thread