Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2017, 06:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Hi everyone!

I'm leaving to drive to my mom's house in a couple of hours. I'm thinking this trip might be primarily preparing to evacuate though. She lives beachside in Ormond Beach (just north of Daytona) and this hurricane is frightening. I've lived in Florida so long, that storms don't usually frighten me, but after what happened in Texas, I am very afraid.

Hurricane Irma Strengthens Into a Category 5 as it Bears Down on the Leeward Islands; Dangerous Threat for Florida, Southeast
Sep 5 2017 08:15 AM EDT

I want to respond to everyone sharing, but I've been so moved by all of you, that I don't want to cheapen by empty words. I too have a story to tell and perhaps I will sometime. I just want to share that I too have severe depression diagnosed since 2002 which is very affected by external situations as well. But I will share some time. I just want you guys to know that you are not alone and we've gotten through some major issues with the support of our friends here. Love you guys, LOTS.
Love you too Deborah. We'd love to hear your story.

They mentioned some parts of Florida to possibly be affected by the storm and I instantly thought of you and your loved ones who lived there. I just hope that it weakens before it reaches landfall, or goes completely away somehow. Hurricane season is the worst.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 09-05-2017, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Hi everyone!

I'm leaving to drive to my mom's house in a couple of hours. I'm thinking this trip might be primarily preparing to evacuate though. She lives beachside in Ormond Beach (just north of Daytona) and this hurricane is frightening. I've lived in Florida so long, that storms don't usually frighten me, but after what happened in Texas, I am very afraid.

Hurricane Irma Strengthens Into a Category 5 as it Bears Down on the Leeward Islands; Dangerous Threat for Florida, Southeast
Sep 5 2017 08:15 AM EDT

stay safe

they already brought it here in the news too, and they only do that with the big ones.. I hope it calms down a lot...

icon by Daggi
Old 09-05-2017, 07:04 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

This is so frigthening whats going on with tne hurraines, stay safe Deborah.
Can I ask you what you guys think if its getting worse and worse each year due to climate change?
I read quiet a few analysis about huriccaine Harvey and many showed its was much worse due to global warming.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow...I believe that as well.

I just got to my moms. Gas stations are running out of fuel. Shelves of water are empty so n stores. They are already illegally price gouging of on water. $18 a case!!! The governer of Florida already declared it a state of emergency so totally illegal to price gouge.

Oh...and my husband is on the way to the hospital because my son had a seizure. I'm in shock right now.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:45 PM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:

I just got to my moms. Gas stations are running out of fuel. Shelves of water are empty so n stores. They are already illegally price gouging of on water. $18 a case!!! The governer of Florida already declared it a state of emergency so totally illegal to price gouge.

Oh...and my husband is on the way to the hospital because my son had a seizure. I'm in shock right now.
Omg, thats horrible whats going on Deborah, I cant believe its happening where you live it has to be so hard now for you and your family to live in such confusion.
And how did your sons seizure happened? Was it because of the issues you are going through right now?
Hope he will be ok and you all, thinking about you

Last edited by Sia; 09-05-2017 at 01:47 PM
Old 09-05-2017, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:

OMG!! that is totally crazy .. it is hard for me to imagine things like running out of fuel here.. and that waterprize is ridiculous I just hope everything turns out not to be as bad as predicted..

I hope your son, which one, if I may ask, is ok I can imagine in what sorrow you have to be.. .. thinking of you and sending my love

icon by Daggi
Old 09-06-2017, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:

I'm so sorry, Deborah. I hope your son is okay.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Hi

Just wanted to let you know that Deborah probably won't be able to be here a lot the next few days. Her son is ok so far and she is at her moms, but they already have problems with gasstations running out of fuel and water getting ridiculous expensive.. or markets runnibg out of it. She will be back as soon as everything due to that upcoming hurrican is sorted out. She misses us and tries to read our posts, but probably won't post much. I hope everything turns out well

And we are going to make her proud keeping everything here going

Have to prepare dinner now, be back later

icon by Daggi
Old 09-06-2017, 08:06 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
Hi

Just wanted to let you know that Deborah probably won't be able to be here a lot the next few days. Her son is ok so far and she is at her moms, but they already have problems with gasstations running out of fuel and water getting ridiculous expensive.. or markets runnibg out of it. She will be back as soon as everything due to that upcoming hurrican is sorted out. She misses us and tries to read our posts, but probably won't post much. I hope everything turns out well

Thanks for info, we miss her a lot but I completely understand she needs to be with her family. Good news that her son is ok. Most important is that they will be safe, that hurrican wont do any major damage or threaten peoples safety.
Its really scary - no water, no fuel, its like during the war...at least I have never experienced this in my homeland only when visited countries of developing world.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Hi

Thanks for the info, Daggi. I'm definitely going to continue to post, but I'm not going to enjoy myself as much knowing one of our members (and friend) and all of the people of Florida is being targeted by this storm. But we should definitely keep up the pace for her.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

We are with all of them in our thoughts

icon by Daggi
Old 09-06-2017, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
We are with all of them in our thoughts
Yes, all of us.

Old 09-06-2017, 11:34 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Yes, all of us.
Yes, we are , we cannot be trully at peace if one of us is in danger trully hope it will be all fine. Its so scary how powerless we are againsz all suffering in the world.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Nature is untameable

icon by Daggi
Old 09-06-2017, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

It's quite frightening