Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2017, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I think we all have our little or not so little packages to carry, and it really isn't easy to live your real life without troubles..

Especially the ones you love can hurt you very much, and that only with words.. and the more you love them the more those words hurt..

I'm normally not a depressed person, but my dad managed two times in a row to make me feel like a teenager who did something wrong and it hurt very much, and made me feel like my giving up my personal life almost completly isn't obviously enough... so I can relate to you guys

And what I love so much in this board here is, that it feels like having found an online family and a place where nobody judges you, no matter who or what you are.. noone compares you with others and just likes you the way you are

Every single one is very valuable and appreciated, and is missed very much when not able to come here or even leaving because life situations and intersts changed...

We all have open ears to listen to everybodys problems, and we all find kind words to comfoet each other, where our real family and friends may have failed or didn't know about our sorrows because we didn't want to bother them.. and that is what makes us here strong as a team, and as friends all over the world

Thanks for that btw, my family out of my family

icon by Daggi
Old 09-03-2017, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
I think we all have our little or not so little packages to carry, and it really isn't easy to live your real life without troubles..

Especially the ones you love can hurt you very much, and that only with words.. and the more you love them the more those words hurt..

I'm normally not a depressed person, but my dad managed two times in a row to make me feel like a teenager who did something wrong and it hurt very much, and made me feel like my giving up my personal life almost completly isn't obviously enough... so I can relate to you guys

And what I love so much in this board here is, that it feels like having found an online family and a place where nobody judges you, no matter who or what you are.. noone compares you with others and just likes you the way you are

Every single one is very valuable and appreciated, and is missed very much when not able to come here or even leaving because life situations and intersts changed...

We all have open ears to listen to everybodys problems, and we all find kind words to comfoet each other, where our real family and friends may have failed or didn't know about our sorrows because we didn't want to bother them.. and that is what makes us here strong as a team, and as friends all over the world

Thanks for your insights, Daggi. You're going through something. I just hope things are fast becoming better for you. You help your dad out so much, and that's not something all people do. Not everyone has the patience to take care of a parent, but you're very helpful and always by his side helping out as best you can. That's all that matters.

I have aging parents, too. I know it cannot always be easy.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 09-03-2017, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Thanks for your insights, Daggi. You're going through something. I just hope things are fast becoming better for you. You help your dad out so much, and that's not something all people do. Not everyone has the patience to take care of a parent, but you're very helpful and always by his side helping out as best you can. That's all that matters.

I'm just glad he isn't like that all the time

icon by Daggi
Old 09-03-2017, 11:40 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Giotto

thats so beautiful said Daggi, I am so grateful for this chance to be here with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)

I so agree with this, I think its one of the most admirable work here on Earth to take such good care of aging parents and not many can do it.
I will test myself soon also. But already now its sometimes so hard, I have such different opinions thant my parents so I tend to argue with them all the time.
But what my mum loves is to watch with me movies and shows sometimes.
So I have this plan which is completely crazy - I will tell them I have heard of this amazing show which I would love to watch, if they are interested also, and what else will it be than queers as folk. Am I crazy? I think so. My parents are so so conservative. I think they would kill me after first episode But my dream is that they would watch it and change some of their views....

Last edited by Sia; 09-03-2017 at 11:47 AM
Old 09-03-2017, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I'm having chocolat stains on my jeans

icon by Daggi
Old 09-03-2017, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey girls

I had some family time today so now my brother is going to California (his wife is from California and her family lives in the San Jose area which is about 5 hours away from LA) they're staying there through Thursday. He'll be coming to visit the weekend of the 16th. My dad's birthday is on the 18th so we'll be doing something around that time. I will also have off from work because always on that date there is this fair in the town I work at and the office will be closed.
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 09-04-2017, 12:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Good morning

Claudia ~ that is funny that your family is going to California again, even if it is in a differnet part enjoy your time with your family and your free time from work

icon by Daggi
Old 09-04-2017, 01:16 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thank you everyone for being understanding about this all. I really don't like talking about it much cause it's very depressing to me and hard but it's great to be able to come here and talk to people

You all are a special bunch of people
Old 09-04-2017, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's kind of my job (I'm a counselor) to understand what people go through

Today was hit or miss at work...
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 09-04-2017, 06:37 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by galesgirl645 (View Post)
It's kind of my job (I'm a counselor) to understand what people go through

Today was hit or miss at work...
That happens at school too - sometimes I get it right with how to deal with the kids and sometimes I get it wrong and make everything worse - that it one problem about being a relief teacher and coming in for a day - you don't know the students and what they need.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I just watched the latest episode of teen wolf and now I'm off to sleep! goodnight
Icon by Zonikita
Old 09-04-2017, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Claudia, you have an important kind of job. I do hope you enjoyed your shows... and that you get a goodnight's sleep.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 09-05-2017, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Hey there

I wonder how it always happens to me that I shold work, but end up here instead

wisch you all a nice day

icon by Daggi
Old 09-05-2017, 01:26 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
Hey there

I wonder how it always happens to me that I shold work, but end up here instead

wisch you all a nice day
Thats called addiction, Daggi
Old 09-05-2017, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hi everyone!

I'm leaving to drive to my mom's house in a couple of hours. I'm thinking this trip might be primarily preparing to evacuate though. She lives beachside in Ormond Beach (just north of Daytona) and this hurricane is frightening. I've lived in Florida so long, that storms don't usually frighten me, but after what happened in Texas, I am very afraid.

Hurricane Irma Strengthens Into a Category 5 as it Bears Down on the Leeward Islands; Dangerous Threat for Florida, Southeast
Sep 5 2017 08:15 AM EDT

I want to respond to everyone sharing, but I've been so moved by all of you, that I don't want to cheapen by empty words. I too have a story to tell and perhaps I will sometime. I just want to share that I too have severe depression diagnosed since 2002 which is very affected by external situations as well. But I will share some time. I just want you guys to know that you are not alone and we've gotten through some major issues with the support of our friends here. Love you guys, LOTS.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread