Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

OT Thread #299 ~ Anything new happened?

Brought over from the old thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I have to get ready to leave now. But I'll check in again later.

Tonight is the GoT finale and I am SOOO freaking excited, and my sister is coming over to join us.

That works.
Let us know about the finale, I am really interested although I dont watch it.

icon by Daggi
Old 08-27-2017, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey girls

I had lunch with a friend from internship whom I hadn't seen in awhile we caught up what's been going on in each other's lives.
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 08-27-2017, 11:16 PM
Ultimate Fan

That sounds good - catching up with friends is always nice . I spent the day resting and doing housework - no work for me today

How is everyone else going?
Old 08-27-2017, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Good morning Fiona or better good night

Sorry for my absence yesterday, I was so tired after doing my laundry that I fell asleep on the couch...

I managed to talk my dad into being alone for two hours during the day, so I went in the forrest to collect mushrooms. it was so much fun.

Today I have to do some work again..

how was everybody elses weekend?

icon by Daggi
Old 08-28-2017, 03:36 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hey Daggi - thanks - it is evening here I have fallen asleep on the couch before - it's never great sleep like in my bed though .

How did you dad go being alone for 2 hours? I am glad you enjoyed collecting mushrooms What do you do with them? Do you cook them or dry them or just eat them?

Hope the work went well too
Old 08-28-2017, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey everyone!

Mark is leaving this morning and I am taking my mom to the Orthopedic doctor. She's hardly walking, so please send good wishes to figure out what's wrong and that she can get some relief.

My sister came over and watched the GoT season finale with us and it was completely amazing. It was an hour and a half long and was a complete set-up for next (and the last) season. It was really intense.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
Hey Daggi - thanks - it is evening here I have fallen asleep on the couch before - it's never great sleep like in my bed though .

How did you dad go being alone for 2 hours? I am glad you enjoyed collecting mushrooms What do you do with them? Do you cook them or dry them or just eat them?

Hope the work went well too
He survived, although he waited hard for myvreturn.. don't know what I do in three weekscwhen I'm back working in the evening..

From the mushrooms I make kind of a stew with heavy cream and dumplings made out of white bread. It's so delicious

Deborah I hope the can help your mom

icon by Daggi
Old 08-28-2017, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well...my mom needs hip replacement surgery on both of her hips. The doctor said she literally has bone on bone scraping together. Unfortunately, because of her GI bleed that caused her to be in Intensive Care for four days, and 3 blood transfusions, she's not strong enough for any surgery yet. I plan on going home on Thursday or Friday, but then I'll come back on Tuesday. She needs someone with her at all times. My sister is supposed to take over for me on those 3-4 days, so cross your fingers that she'll be okay.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Well...my mom needs hip replacement surgery on both of her hips. The doctor said she literally has bone on bone scraping together. Unfortunately, because of her GI bleed that caused her to be in Intensive Care for four days, and 3 blood transfusions, she's not strong enough for any surgery yet. I plan on going home on Thursday or Friday, but then I'll come back on Tuesday. She needs someone with her at all times. My sister is supposed to take over for me on those 3-4 days, so cross your fingers that she'll be okay.
Sending lots of positivity your mother's way. Hoping in my heart she can get well enough to have the procedures done when the time comes, and that they're done successfully.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 08-28-2017, 08:35 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
He survived, although he waited hard for myvreturn.. don't know what I do in three weekscwhen I'm back working in the evening..

From the mushrooms I make kind of a stew with heavy cream and dumplings made out of white bread. It's so delicious
That sounds really good Daggi

Quote:
That's no good It must be very painful for her. I hope she gets well quickly so she can have the surgery and that you enjoy your time at home with your family before you go back to your mum.

Sia - I hope you're ok - I saw your post in another thread about not being able to post much - hope everything is alright in your life.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
It sure will take a while till she is completly ok and heald, but I know from my aunt that nothing better could have happened to her. she also was is no much pain, and after getting her new hip, a day later she already could stand painfree.. but it took a few weeks of physio to bring her back to be completly healthy again, so I know it's not an easy way to go, but it is worth it. She came to visit a few weeks ago and the were on a little hike before they came to us. somethingf she couldn't do for years I'm kind of happy that they can help your mom here.. there is nothing worse then finding no cause of the problem and not being able to fix it.. like it is with my dad ..

Fiona ~ I'll let you know how they turned out

Sia ~ I hope you're ok my friend

Claudia ~ I hope you found back to work after your great vacation. that always takes its time for me

to all the others I missed

icon by Daggi

Last edited by Giotto; 08-29-2017 at 12:00 AM
Old 08-30-2017, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing your Aunt's experience with me. I'm also glad that at least we know what's causing her pain and inability to walk. I'm glad it's not her back, because that type of recovery is awful.

I wish we could do something about your dad too, Daggi. He seems so sweet.

BTW: Has anyone heard from Sia? The last time she posted, she said she was having some issues and that was it. I sent her a PM, but haven't heard anything yet.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I really hope everything is okay with Sia.

Old 08-30-2017, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Sadly I haven't heard of her either and I hope she is ok. ...

I'm sure she is back as soon as possible for her

I have a doctors appointment with dad tomorrow morning, and I already helped him upstairs today to take a bath.. going to take him for a drive tomorrow afterwards and maybe i can walk him in the wheelchair afterwards a bit.. but most of the time he doesn't want to..

icon by Daggi
Old 08-30-2017, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
Sadly I haven't heard of her either and I hope she is ok. ...

I'm sure she is back as soon as possible for her

I have a doctors appointment with dad tomorrow morning, and I already helped him upstairs today to take a bath.. going to take him for a drive tomorrow afterwards and maybe i can walk him in the wheelchair afterwards a bit.. but most of the time he doesn't want to..
I hope things get much better for you and your father.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread