Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 02:28 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Girl
OMG! I just watched Ladder 49...If you haven't seen...Watch it now! I'm speechless...Really good movie. I had to tell you all
is this the one with joaquin phoenix?
Old 03-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I hate tequila with a passion. I already feel the need to throw up when I smell tequila. If you get the chance to try vodka ahoi, you should.
Alcohols are pretty much all the same to me Vodka, tequila, I drink too quick to really feel the taste But Ill try to make some of this one, I would mind the puking though I didnt puke in years!

Quote:
I don't thinks that's a good trait
Really? I thought it was a quality

Quote:
Ah well I failed my first bio test that I need to re-sit again. But atleast I passed this one
I dont know why I failed... 3 times... it was about the vision, the eyes and the stuff that link everything to the brain and then about hormones and uterus...mm...maybe I realize why I failed now
Old 03-12-2005, 10:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by galela
is this the one with joaquin phoenix?
Yes. OMG! I love him so much. He's like my top five fave actor. He's just wonderful in everything he does and it's too bad because I think that he is one of the most underrated actors out there.

It was one of the best movies that I've seen in a long time.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:53 AM
Supreme Fan

i LOVE joaquin, too!!! he's such a good actor. and there's something about him that makes me go oooooh everytime i see him. signs will be on tv next week i think. i cannot wait. i saw the village about two or three weeks ago. have you seen it?
Old 03-12-2005, 03:40 PM
Extreme Fan

woo! Another Joaquin fan...I don't know many of those.

So, I'm assuming that you haven't seen Signs or am I incorrect? It's my fave movie of ALL TIME. Out of anything that I have ever seen in my entire life, I love that movie. I'm not going to say anything in case you haven't seen it. But, I just love it.

Yeah, I saw The Village. I really liked it but everyone with me didn't like it. I think that they were expecting something more because of M. Knight (I won't even attempt to spell the last name ). But, I really liked it and found it extremely interesting. It really makes you think and look around at the world we are living in. Joaquin was fantastic in it. I'm in awe when he is on screen. DId you like it?

Have you seen Return To Paradise? I tear up just thinking about it.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
OMG! I just watched Ladder 49...If you haven't seen...Watch it now! I'm speechless...Really good movie. I had to tell you all
It looks great. I might watch it after Hitch

Quote:
I dont know why I failed... 3 times... it was about the vision, the eyes and the stuff that link everything to the brain and then about hormones and uterus...mm...maybe I realize why I failed now
Ah I hate that topic. We're doing the brain right now. I failed the one about DNA and ****

Old 03-13-2005, 03:56 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
So, I'm assuming that you haven't seen Signs or am I incorrect? It's my fave movie of ALL TIME.
i've seen it three times. i loved it. we went to the movies & i didn't know what it was about & i was scared *****less during parts of the movie. i LOVE it. it's one of my faves, too. it's funny, it's scary, it's dramatic - love it. when they sit with their little hats in front of the tv? or mel gibson with the knife under the door?? hilarious.

i also liked the village. i didn't really expect anything but i do think they marketed it wrongly. they made it seem like this big horror movie which it definitely wasn't & if people saw the movie expecting horror, they were disappointed. i liked the twist, didn't see it coming at all. i also loved michael pitt, he was a good surprise. i thought it wasn't really smart to have the best character lieing in bed half of the movie but it was good. definitely not as bad as many people said.

i don't think i've seen return to paradise. who else is in it? what's it about?
the one movie i can't stand is the gladiator. not because of joaquin, tho, i just hate russell crowe with a passion. and the yards (with mark wahlberg) was kinda boring, too. not bad, i was just expecting more because i love mark & joaquin.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:14 AM
Master Fan

You liked The Village Okay then.

I might not be here for a bit my eye is swollen, and I don't think sitting on the net will help.

Old 03-13-2005, 11:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Sorry to hear that Shabana. Hope you feel better!

Dine: That's what I really like about Signs. It was scary and mysterious but made you laugh. I love the part with the tin foil hats. Mel is in my top five fave actors as well, so I'm really glad that him and Joaquin did a movie together. I think that they should just do movies together from now on. I love them on screen together, they work very well.

I didn't see the twist in The Village either. And yeah, I thought it was going to be a scary movie as well, but even though it wasn't I still liked it. A lot of people were saying how M. Knight copped (?) out. But I think it's just that most people didn't really think about the meaning of the movie. They just wanted a good scare and didn't take anything else out of it.
Oh, you like Michael Pitt too? I love him. He's such a sweetie. And wasn't Adrian Brody freaky? He totally freaked me out. And when he went after Joaquin, I couldn't believe it. I love how that scene was shot. Very unexpected.

You have to see Return to Paradise. This won't be spoilery or anything...It was made a few years back ('97/'98). Anne Heche and Vince Vaughn (love him too! ) are in it. It's about these two guys (Vince and some other dude) who go to Malaysia and are visiting their friend (Joaquin). But, when they leave they end up leaving drugs behind and Joaquin gets busted and arrested. Drugs are big thing down there, so they want to execute him. So, this lawyer (Heche) tells the other two guys that are back in America that if they don't go back there and serve 3 years in prison for their part, Joaquin is going to be executed. So, it's all about that decision about whether you are willing to give up three years of your life to save someone else's. It's an incredible movie. I highly recommend it.

Great minds think alike. I loathe Russell Crowe and I didn't enjoy Gladiator either. The only reason I watched was because of Joaquin. Which is a good thing because it made me realize even more how talented he is. I HATED him in that movie. OMG. He was so horrible. (His character). That's when I know an actor is good...If I love them and they can make me hate them in one of their roles. That is my test! And that's how I felt about The Yards...I thought it would have been way better. Especially because of Mark (how sexy is he? ) and Joaquin.
Old 03-13-2005, 11:16 AM
Supreme Fan

get some rest, shabana.

krista - i've seen return to paradise & i love it, too. i just didn't know which one it was because the german title is something like "for a friend's life" or something like that. it makes me cry all the time i see it. very dramatic & very strong. - one of the movies that make me NEVER wanna go to asia. i have this huge fear of someone putting drugs in my luggage & i end up like him. - there's another movie with claire danes about two girls getting arrested for having drugs in their luggage. those two movies left a huge impression on me!

i love mark. the older he gets, the hotter he is. have you seen boogie nights & rockstar? i'm a huge mark wahlberg fan. i used to hate him back in the marky mark & the funky bunch days! i met him once, too.
Old 03-13-2005, 11:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, it was really good. I sob everytime I watch him. God, when he's screaming...I can't even think about it. Traumatized me for life. I told my aunt about the movie and she said that she had seen it and it really hit her because someone had pulled a similar thing on her when she was in Trinidad (I think that's correct). Luckily she wasn't caught. I saw the Claire Danes one too. Very scary stuff.

Ah, Mark. He does get better with age (but he was hot during his Marky Mark days, I can't deny that! ) I love Boogie Nights Although, I wasn't too impressed with Rockstar. I thought it was going to be better, he did a good job. I was thought the movie could have been better on the whole...You know what I mean?

I am SOSOSOSO jealous that you met him! OMG! I would have died. Was he nice?
Old 03-13-2005, 11:33 AM
Supreme Fan

well, considering how he can be an arrogant prick, i guess he did have a good day when we met him. his cousin, jbr, was there, too, & i was completely taken by his aura. that cousin - almost as hot as donnie. i still think donnie's the hotter brother but mark's definitely getting there. donnie's a complete sweetheart, tho. very much unlike mark.

i loved rockstar. him practising "i got my voice eating pussy" in the bathroom? i die laughing everytime i watch it, seriously. "chris, either get in bed & do it or shut up!!" he looked horrible but it's one of my fave movies of his. and his "i'm a star. i'm a BIG star" in boogie nights? definitely big.
Old 03-13-2005, 11:43 AM
Extreme Fan

You really think Donnie's better? I don't think I've ever heard that. I'd have to go with Mark. I like Donnie and everything and he seems a hell of a lot nicer than Mark, but Marks totally the hottest in my eyes.

I loved that part in the bathroom! That's my fave. Yeah, he did look really horrible.

Quote:
definitely big.
Oh yes. And that's all I'll say about that.
Old 03-13-2005, 11:46 AM
Supreme Fan

donnie owns my heart. seriously. he's the sweetest guy on this planet.
Old 03-13-2005, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Ah I hate that topic. We're doing the brain right now. I failed the one about DNA and ****
we studied DNA last year, not really deeply but it was deeply boring.
argh...Im choking on my juice
Closed Thread   Post New Thread