Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2018, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I know, right? I already am thinking of songs for a fanvid. Any suggestions?
I can't come up with something fitting at the moment, but I can't wait to see it

icon by Daggi
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's okay...I haven't even looked yet. I'm trying to make time in general.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:47 AM
Ultimate Fan

Has anyone seen Love Simon? That seems to be a movie that is making some waves in the community. But I don't know much about it or seen it. Haven't heard about CMBYN coming here either.
fmaldy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
Has anyone seen Love Simon? That seems to be a movie that is making some waves in the community. But I don't know much about it or seen it. Haven't heard about CMBYN coming here either.
I've heard good things about "Love, Simon". I'd love to see it.

I see that CMBYN is now on Amazon Australia. It seems a little expensive though.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:38 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I've heard good things about "Love, Simon". I'd love to see it.

I see that CMBYN is now on Amazon Australia. It seems a little expensive though.
I hadn't seen CMBYN is on Amazon - I don't know though - if there's not a HEA with the people together I don't know about it I have heard good things about Love Simon as well I know it was on in a cinema down south but I don't know it will come up to where I live though - I'll have to keep my eyes open
Old 04-08-2018, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I love that CMBYN is to be seen on Amazon all around the world it also is availabel in Germany

Never heard about Love, Simon.. what's it about?

icon by Daggi
Old 04-08-2018, 03:11 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
I love that CMBYN is to be seen on Amazon all around the world it also is availabel in Germany

Never heard about Love, Simon.. what's it about?
I'm honestly not 100 % sure but maybe something about a boy growing up - I know that some gay you tubers were renting out a whole session at a theatre for people to go and watch it for free so I am guessing something to do with a gay person as well?
Old 04-08-2018, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

It sounds like that.. maybe we get more information later

icon by Daggi
Old 04-09-2018, 01:35 AM
Ultimate Fan

I decided I should look it up and have a look Here is what is says on Wikipedia

Love, Simon is a 2018 American romantic comedy-drama film directed by Greg Berlanti, written by Isaac Aptaker and Elizabeth Berger, and based on the novel Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. The film stars Nick Robinson, Josh Duhamel, and Jennifer Garner. It centers around Simon Spier, a closeted gay teenage boy in high school who is forced to balance his friends, his family, and the blackmailer threatening to out him to the entire school, while simultaneously attempting to discover the identity of the anonymous classmate with whom he has fallen in love online.

Love, Simon premiered at the Mardi Gras Film Festival on February 27, 2018, and was released in the United States on March 16, 2018, by 20th Century Fox. Critics praised the film for its "big heart, diverse and talented cast, and revolutionary normalcy", describing it as an "instant classic" that is "tender, sweet, and affecting" and a "hugely charming crowd-pleaser" that is "funny, warm-hearted and life-affirming", with many comparing it to the romantic comedy-drama films of John Hughes.[4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11] It is the first major studio film to focus on a gay teenage romance.[12][13]

And here is the official trailer:

Old 04-10-2018, 06:20 PM
Master Fan

I've heard great things about Love, Simon but have yet to see it. I kind of want to read the book first, but I'm actually not sure if I should.

The movie is being talked about a lot because it is the first major-studio-backed romantic comedy with a gay teen protagonist.

And it's about time!
Old 04-10-2018, 06:38 PM
Ultimate Fan

I am thinking about seeing it tomorrow as it is actually playing here - I don't think I will read the book first though - I'll just see the movie Especially seen as though I am looking at seeing it tomorrow
Old 04-11-2018, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Oh wow! it sounds pretty interesting but again, nothing they would air in atheater at my places..

btw.. did anybody else have a dejavue about Daphne and Justin lying in that bed head to head

icon by Daggi
Old 04-11-2018, 01:09 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
Oh wow! it sounds pretty interesting but again, nothing they would air in atheater at my places..

btw.. did anybody else have a dejavue about Daphne and Justin lying in that bed head to head

Ah no I didn't - but if I see it then I might remember and think of them while I watch it
Old 04-16-2018, 02:52 AM
Ultimate Fan

ok - I saw Love, Simon today and thought it was great!! In fact I loved it It was a typical teenage rom-com with happy times and sad times and a happy ever after kind of ending The only difference was the main two characters falling in love were two guys. I so much want to see it again actually

I went to a day time screening so there was only 5 people in the theatre but that was ok. Since I have been home I have been looking up information about the movie and stuff

The only thing I would say would be don't look into the movie too much before you go or you'll find out who the person is he's writing the emails with and it's much better I think to get the surprise at the end and see who it is

I would say if you get a chance, have a look
Old 04-16-2018, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

maybe its on amazon prime or maxdome some day

icon by Daggi
Reply   Post New Thread