Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 12:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *~*Lazy Bean*~*:
<STRONG>

well she had the hots for Dana, not Shane [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
But how could it be possible not to be hot for Shane ??? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Between Shane and Dana, they're no possible choice. Shane is the answer [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]
Anyway, this scene is funny because it's proove that it's impossible to guess if someone's gay or not just by looking at him/her. That's the great lesson of the episode. And that's good the writters has reminded that to everyone. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Andalusia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 03:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Andalusia:
She purrs when she talks...
oooh, the purr! Katherine's voice has always done it for me. since way back in the Young Americans day. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

but yeah, the hair is a bit iffy. heh.

[ 01-28-2004: Message edited Brian Kinney's Muffin O'Love ]

"Hold on. Where the hell is my uterus?"
Brian Kinney's Muffin O'Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 04:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

The L Word Is Renewed For A Second Season. It's the fastest renewal in Showtime history. Whee!
AnnieMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 08:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

That is great news! I'm so glad that this show has done this well already! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cheers.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2004, 06:30 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by AnnieMoon:
<STRONG>The L Word Is Renewed For A Second Season. It's the fastest renewal in Showtime history. Whee!</STRONG>
[img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] that's lovely news
Kitty_Fantastico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 02:58 PM
Master Fan

wow, that WAS fast. heh. go, L Word!

"Hold on. Where the hell is my uterus?"
Brian Kinney's Muffin O'Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 04:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

Next Episode: Longing
Sunday, February 1

Quote:
Bette engages in a battle of wills with the chairman of the gallery board and takes
a desperate step; Jenny struggles with her feelings for Marina; Alice tries to regain her
self-respect and Dana finally gets a date. Guest Stars: Tammy Lynn Michaels,
Guinevere Turner, and Holland Taylor.
Old 01-31-2004, 04:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Please, everybody, come and support the L Word board request HERE. It's on the request board on this forum. We need you to make our dream come true :
imagine a Shane/KateMoennig app. thread, an Mia+Marina app. thread, etc.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Episode 104 description:

Quote:
Bette engages in a battle of wills with the chairman of the gallery board and takes a desperate step; Jenny struggles with her feelings for Marina; Alice tries to regain her self-respect and Dana finally gets a date. Guest Stars: Tammy Lynn Michaels, Guinevere Turner, and Holland Taylor.
I'm really looking forward to Dana and Lara's first date, and I hope Alice gives EvilGabby the smackdown.
Old 02-01-2004, 06:05 PM
Addicted Fan

The L Word is wonderful... You can see which one is my favorite [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img]
Ruthie

[ 02-01-2004: Message edited GooberGrrrl ]
And put a smile upon my face-Coldplay
GooberGrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 06:48 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by AnnieMoon:
<STRONG>I'm really looking forward to Dana and Lara's first date, and I hope Alice gives EvilGabby the smackdown.</STRONG>
i'm looking forward to that too. too bad the episode isn't up yet. [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]
Kitty_Fantastico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 08:17 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by GooberGrrrl:
<STRONG>The L Word is wonderful... You can see which one is my favorite [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img]
Ruthie

[ 02-01-2004: Message edited GooberGrrrl ]</STRONG>
Wonderful taste. She's my fav' too... despite my own avi [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2004, 01:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Just wanted to support my love for the show. I've been looking for threads and I found the request one and lended my support. I hope the show gets it's own thread, it's so good and it's only been three eps so far!

Coll
Old 02-02-2004, 01:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Good ! Thanks I_Love_Nick 20. [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] The future board need suport to exist.
But for the moment,we're just a few [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] . I'm afraid there won't be any Board. We're not enough...
Old 02-02-2004, 01:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

I didn't like last night's episode as much as I liked 103, but I still enjoyed so much about it and the things I didn't like centered around one character, so I'll start with her. I want to sympathize with Jenny because I understand that journey she's going on, but it's difficult to sympathize with and like a character who is so selfish, passive-aggressive, spoiled, manipulative, melodramatic and just plain annoying. I actually feel sorry for Marina, because even though Marina was wrong to pursue Jenny after finding out about Tim, at least she has the balls to accept her choice and not be all whiny about it. Jenny's no-yes-no-yes bull**** with Marina makes me want to slap her and I loved Marina calling Jenny on the fact that it was Jenny's own transparent behavior that got everyone gossiping about them, not anything Marina said. I also could not believe the antics Jenny pulled when she saw Tim playing pool with Marina, and then her accusations at him later. She's a hateful little twit and I have no sympathy for her after this episode. Marina, run far, far away! You can do so much better than this scrawny little crybaby!

Shane took a teeny, tiny little step off the pedestal I placed her on by sleeping with Crazy!Lacey again, but I still love her. I love that she's compassionate enough to want to comfort Lacey, but has enough of her own issues that she can only think to use sex to accomplish that. I think Shane's actions imply quite the interesting backstory as to why she does what she does and I can't wait to explore her character more. I also have to give kudos to Tammy Lynn Michaels, who was obviously having a blast with this role. She really captured Lacey's nutty vulnerability perfectly so it was easy to be skeeved by her behavior and also feel sorry for her. Hmm....it just occured to me that Lacey managed to accomplish what Jenny hasn't.

Jennifer Beals totally rocks my world. She did a wonderful job in the episode, fighting for both her job and the right to do her job the way she wants to. One of the things I'm liking about this show is that not every single storyline is about Being Gay, and Bette's devotion to art that speaks to the heart and provokes strong emotions was a delightful storyline with a spirited guest-starring turn by the always wonderful Holland Taylor. I love the rapport Bette and Peggy developed and even though Bette didn't get her art show, the scenes betweened them added so much depth to Bette's character that it was worthwhile for both the viewer and Bette. Also, "hasbian." Hee!

As much as I adore Alice and was intrigued by the storyline with Gabby, I felt it was rushed and resolved way too quickly. It was nice to see Alice take her friends' advice (although I think it would have been more fitting for Alice's character to skip all the other stuff and just tell Gabby to "Step off, bitch.") but except for a few bitchy but not exactly soul-crushing comments and dismissive behavior, we really didn't get a sense of how badly Gabby hurts Alice. I would have liked to have seen a relationship like this explored in more depth, because emotional abuse and being addicted to someone (as I got the sense Alice was to Gabby) isn't cleaned up all neat and tidy in two episodes. Plus, Guin was doing great things with the role and I want to see more of her; she's deliciously evil and toxic but seductive enough that you could see why Alice keeps coming back.

Whoever decided to soften Dana's character after the pilot, give them a cookie! She's much more likeable now and her budding romance with Lara is a joy to watch. I wish we'd actually gotten to see some of their first date (perhaps instead of Jenny railing at Tim for no good reason?), but their two brief scenes together were charming.

This show really works because it's easy to believe in these characters and their relationships with each other. They feel genuine and natural and, with the glaring exception of Jenny, everyone is flawed in complex and likeable ways. Kudos to the writers for giving us so much layered character and relationship development in such a short time, and making us eager for more.
Reply   Post New Thread