Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by varo_kamry (View Post)
Slightly OT, but Randy's photo is in this article, although I'm not sure he'll be too happy about it.

Remember the Hollywood pool party with all the naked guys that Justin attended in QAF 501?

It seems that it was based on X-Men director Bryan Singer's "sex-driven" parties. It had long been rumored that "Rage" director Brett Keller was based on Brian Singer

'X-Men' director Bryan Singer's sex-driven parties drew a raunchy crowd, say insiders - NY Daily News
Oh s . Now why would they want to get Justin/QAF involved with that mess? Guess the speculation wasn't enough. The author had to go and include a photo of Justin at a pool party. I think Randy would be very pissed.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige

Last edited by SojournHeart11; 05-07-2014 at 10:20 AM
Old 05-07-2014, 11:19 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Oh s . Now why would they want to get Justin/QAF involved with that mess? Guess the speculation wasn't enough. The author had to go and include a photo of Justin at a pool party. I think Randy would be very pissed.

The Bryan Singer sex scandal is growing and growing so anything related to his behavior is fair game for the gossip columns. Besides, the scoop on the fact that the scene was based on Singer's Hollywood pool parties came from "someone close to" the production of QAF. As far as the photo of Justin, if you are going to mention the scene in an article and wanted to show readers who never saw QAF what it was all about, I would say that would be the best screencap you could use. Handsome semi-naked young man who looks underage, in the foreground with a bevy of naked guys filling up the background.

I would suspect Randy would get a big laugh over it especially since he has repeatedly told the story that the scene was filmed outdoors in the Toronto area during early spring when it was extremely cold (They put palm trees around the pool and filmed the scene with a filter that gave a bright sunny effect in order to make it look like California.)
Old 05-07-2014, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
The Bryan Singer sex scandal is growing and growing so anything related to his behavior is fair game for the gossip columns. Besides, the scoop on the fact that the scene was based on Singer's Hollywood pool parties came from "someone close to" the production of QAF. As far as the photo of Justin, if you are going to mention the scene in an article and wanted to show readers who never saw QAF what it was all about, I would say that would be the best screencap you could use. Handsome semi-naked young man who looks underage, in the foreground with a bevy of naked guys filling up the background.

I would suspect Randy would get a big laugh over it especially since he has repeatedly told the story that the scene was filmed outdoors in the Toronto area during early spring when it was extremely cold (They put palm trees around the pool and filmed the scene with a filter that gave a bright sunny effect in order to make it look like California.)
Oh, okay. I definitely understand it better now. Just goes to show how absolutely ahead of the curve this show was. Could spot trouble from a mile way.

Last edited by SojournHeart11; 05-07-2014 at 11:52 AM
Old 05-07-2014, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

Wow…interesting! I'm going to have to watch that scene more closely.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Oh, okay. I definitely understand it better now. Just goes to show how absolutely ahead of the curve this show was. Could spot trouble from a mile way.
Or maybe some of the writers were there at the time!!

I think it's crappy to bring QaF into it specifically .. I remember a scene in Tales of the City that was very similar .. and to say in this article that an entire QaF episode was based on these antics is just plain wrong!

I feel for Randy and hope that, as Mark says, he's laughing it off. But it still sucks ...!
Old 05-07-2014, 01:13 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I wonder if Singulargal is still going to Miami this Friday.
I am. I'm flying to Miami on Friday, then back to Houston on Saturday (gotta be back to honor Mom on Sunday!). I'm assuming the cast will attend the premiere. Maybe I'll get a good pic or two of Randy...

~*Dena*~
Old 05-07-2014, 01:31 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbers (View Post)
I think it's crappy to bring QaF into it specifically .. I remember a scene in Tales of the City that was very similar .. and to say in this article that an entire QaF episode was based on these antics is just plain wrong!

Right?! It was a scene, not an episode and the "gay-sex pool party" was the setting, not the subject, of the scene.

Quote:
I hear there's no such thing as bad publicity...

~*Dena*~

Last edited by singulargal; 05-07-2014 at 02:15 PM
Old 05-07-2014, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly! When I read that, I thought maybe I missed something in that episode.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Exactly! When I read that, I thought maybe I missed something in that episode.
It was one phone call scene - the Russian literature comments FFS - between Brian in the backroom and Justin at a party! It lasted a couple of minutes, if that, and on that basis they quote QaF!!

Seriously, they need to do better homowork!!! This is so uncalled for it to be related to real life .. and actually, has anyone asked?
Old 05-07-2014, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Or maybe some of the writers were there at the time!!

I feel for Randy and hope that, as Mark says, he's laughing it off. But it still sucks ...!
I don't like it. Though I do understand.

Old 05-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
It was one phone call scene - the Russian literature comments FFS - between Brian in the backroom and Justin at a party! It lasted a couple of minutes, if that, and on that basis they quote QaF!!

Seriously, they need to do better homowork!!! This is so uncalled for it to be related to real life .. and actually, has anyone asked?
Well, it wasn't just that couple of minutes... Brett Keller was quite obviously based on Bryan Singer, seeing the fictional one directed V-men, and the real one X-men That together with the poolside party... no wonder they quote it
Old 05-07-2014, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by singulargal (View Post)
Right?! It was a scene, not an episode and the "gay-sex pool party" was the setting, not the subject, of the scene.

I hear there's no such thing as bad publicity...

~*Dena*~
I understand that too. It's just not the type of publicity I want either QA or Randy being associated with.

Old 05-07-2014, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I understand that too. It's just not the type of publicity I want either QA or Randy being associated with.
Totally with you on that one hun! I loathe and detest any gossip crap .. and this isn't even directly related to Randy ... or QaF .. WTF

...I just want to tell these hacks to go F themselves and leave QaF the f out of it!
Old 05-07-2014, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Totally with you on that one hun! I loathe and detest any gossip crap .. and this isn't even directly related to Randy ... or QaF .. WTF

...I just want to tell these hacks to go F themselves and leave QaF the f out of it!
It's like the writer just threw that in randomly.

Old 05-07-2014, 04:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanquinine (View Post)
Well, it wasn't just that couple of minutes... Brett Keller was quite obviously based on Bryan Singer, seeing the fictional one directed V-men, and the real one X-men That together with the poolside party... no wonder they quote it
You are correct. The purpose of the article was to point out that Singer's sexual adventures and trolling for young men were so notorious and well known in Hollywood that the writers of QAF based a character on him and portrayed the type of pool party he used to hold to pick up young men.

Singer is a big time director. This sex scandal could very well bring him down and that is big news in the entertainment world.

Frankly I don't understand why people are upset at the person who wrote the article. Again..remember that someone connected with QAF slipped the information to the writer that that particular scene was meant to be about Singer.

Singer's lawyers have been denying that he has had any untoward relationships with young men who were trying to break into acting. But apparently it has been a dirty little secret in Hollywood that this has been going on. That makes mention of QAF relevent because it reveals that it was so well known that a popular premium channnel TV show based a character on Singer and inluded a scene that portrayed the type of parties he hosted.

Last edited by varo_kamry; 05-07-2014 at 04:42 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread