Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 03:55 AM
Elite Fan

Randy׳s last performance with the cast of Silence! Is tonight, isn't it? I guess they'd will be lots of hilarious moments there on and off stage since its his last run worn them

I hope this movie will be released some day
Old 09-08-2012, 04:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

It will be tomorrow, the 9th
Old 09-08-2012, 05:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose (View Post)
Randy׳s last performance with the cast of Silence! Is tonight, isn't it? I guess they'd will be lots of hilarious moments there on and off stage since its his last run worn them

I saw Silence the Musical Thursday night and I can honestly say it was one of the most clever, funniest and well-performed theatrical productions I've ever seen.

The entire cast sang and danced their hearts out and were hysterically funny.

David Garrison who plays Hannibal Lecter has an amazing voice....such a departure from his Married With Children role

Jenn Harris (playing Clarice Starling) could be the Carol Burnett of her generation. She breaks Randy up and he,like Harvey Korman knows how to blend cracking up into his part. She also does a bit toward the end where she has a cell phone conversation with Howard Kaye who was playing her FBI boss Jack Crawford.

They were standing at opposite ends of the stage, facing the audience and Kaye had all he could do from laughing out loud at her ad libbing, before he could deliver his line.

Besides the arrogant, egotistical and lascivious, Dr. Chilton, Randy played various roles as part of the "Lamb" chorus....an FBI Academy trainee, a country deputy sheriff, a limping old man bundled up in a cap and woolen coat, a geeky, nerdy expert on insects. (Looking and sounding like Jerry Lewis in The Nutty Professor) a cowboy, a Swat team cop, One of Lector's red neck dumb as a post guards and many more characters.

His solo song as Chilton, "Baltimore is a Great Place" was a show stopper, highlighting his singing, dancing and comedic talents. As Chilton he wore a tan polyester sports coat, a wide blue and yellow striped tie and sported an outrageous black wig that deliberately styled to look like a bad toupee'. The amazing thing about seeing him with black hair is that it made his eyes even bluer.

His face to face meeting with Lector was very funny as he strutted around the room sneering and trying to intimidate Lector while clicking his ball point pen and laying it down on the table in front of Hannibal, all but inviting him to use it as a means of escape (which Lector eventually does.)

The dancing and singing lambs were like a Greek Chorus, explaining things and commenting on the main action.

Each dance number was a well-performed parody of the various dance "types" one would see big Broadway musicals, including a Bob Fosse inspired routine with all the lambs sporting bowler hats.

They also did an "Oklahoma" type cowboy dance-- the most energetic one and my favorite number in the whole show, LJ friend Linda (later2nite) who saw the show and is more of an expert on dance than I am described it as follows: "... 4 kicks as they leapt from foot to foot and then the 4 gallops sideways (and then the same step reversed to the other side)" Randy was amazing to watch, doing this routine.

Everyone of the dancers were great, but watching Randy was an extra special treat because it is something we don't get to see him do that often.

His facial expressions and comic timing also exhibited that can really play the clown and play it well.

Unfortunately both he and Jenn did not come out to the bar afterwards with the other cast members and we were told that they both rushed out right after the show as they both had a commitment to be somewhere.

All in all, a fun evening
Old 09-08-2012, 05:52 AM
Extreme Fan

thanks for the review (it's Mark, isn't it?)
It's so good to know that there are fans who were able to watch Silence and are willing to share their impressions with all the others who can't be there themselves.
It's the next best

I wonder if Randy will be relieved or sad that it's over soon
Old 09-08-2012, 06:25 AM
Extreme Fan

What a great review...thank you for posting!

I think it will be a bit of both Sabine...I used to do pantomimes when I was younger and as much as I was sad when the shows finished I was quite relieved to be able to have a part of my life back
Old 09-08-2012, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the review!

Was this posted? I found it on the community on LJ.

Quote:
At The Colonial Theatre, Pittsfield
Pre-Broadway Workshop:
FOUND
Music by Eli Bolin
Book by Hunter Bell & The Story Pirates
Directed by Lee Overtree
Saturday, September 22
Tickets: $25
Students: $20
VIP: $75 (Saturday 9/22, 8pm Performance Only Pre-show Champagne Reception with Randy Harrison & other Broadway friends)
Based on Davy Rothbart's popular Found books, magazines, tours and appearances on This American Life comes a new musical comedy. Hunter Bell joins composer/lyricist Eli Bolin, director Lee Overtree, and indie-comedy favorite the Story Pirates troupe in a semi-autobiographical account of Davy's life and loves as he performs around the country, set against a backdrop of the hilarious and heart-breaking real notes and letters from the pages of Found magazine, as they come to life on stage.
From the award-winning team of Victoria Lang (SILENCE! The Musical, Johnny Guitar, Matt & Ben), Jamie Salka (Dazzle, The Goat), Eva Price (Peter & the Starcatcher, The Addams Family, Voca People), David Gallo (The Drowsy Chaperone, Blue Man Group) and Hunter Bell ( [title of show], SILENCE! The Musical) comes the next exciting new multi-media theatrical experience.
Adult Audiences Only.
For more information or to purchase tickets: Pre-Broadway Workshop: Found
Old 09-08-2012, 07:07 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for your detailed and vivid review
I also read it on rh counity on LJ

Manu- this article wasn't posted here as far as I remember but I think I read on LJ that Randy will attend that workshop presentation and the reception. He even tweeted about it a few weeks ago. I think after that he'll be traveling to Europe
Old 09-08-2012, 10:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey frog (View Post)
thanks for the review (it's Mark, isn't it?)
It's so good to know that there are fans who were able to watch Silence and are willing to share their impressions with all the others who can't be there themselves.
It's the next best

I wonder if Randy will be relieved or sad that it's over soon
Yes, that's me. AKA "emelwhy", AKA "mlytjc2".

Glad everyone enjoyed the report. There were a number of fans at the performance - some I've met before and others I met for the first time that night.

Randy and all the cast members seemed to have a very good time doing this musical. I'm sure he'll miss their company, but will be eager to find something new to do. His good friend Jenn Harris is reported to be leaving the show at the end of the month, as will David Garrison. So they will have two new leads.

I'm betting he'll work with Jenn again the first time the opportunity presents itself.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Extreme Fan

Anyone following Jenn on Twitter be warned she may have been hacked...I have received a DM saying something like 'You do know they got you on video' so I'm presuming it's a virus or something. So don't open anything if you've been sent anything.

Last edited by Taylor-Kinney; 09-08-2012 at 10:30 AM
Old 09-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Extreme Fan

I thought so, I mean why on earth would Jenn Harris tweet ME that she saw me in a video
Old 09-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Extreme Fan

That's what I thought, I had a notification come though on my phone and I was like 'Whaaaa?!'
Old 09-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Extreme Fan

those hackers should think first
hell no, they're hackers
Old 09-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor-Kinney (View Post)
That's what I thought, I had a notification come though on my phone and I was like 'Whaaaa?!'
I got the same phony message and it is the same one I got a week ago from a columnist for the NY Post whose political tweets I follow. The link leads to an adverisment on youtube. It is "Junk mail hacking"
Old 09-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Extreme Fan

well, who knows.
I don't want to learn the hard way that I'd better throw out my harddrive because it's infected

but thanks
Old 09-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Mark for the review

Manu- maybe we'll get pictures from the reception and workshop?
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Closed Thread   Post New Thread