Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2017, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I haven't thought about that either it is so good that we all find different points of view in a discusion

So you think it was his subcontiones that brought it up?

icon by Daggi
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 07:14 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
I haven't thought about that either it is so good that we all find different points of view in a discusion

So you think it was his subcontiones that brought it up?
It is amazing what the subconscious can bring up and what is hidden in our brains that come up at different times so it certainly could've been there in his brain just waiting to come out when he was looking for this amazing romantic thing and feeling.

Even after watching it 3 times straight and starting Season 1 again with you guys I have seen something different every time and I will probably keep seeing different things It is good we can have these discussions and see new things That was one thing I liked about Sia - she made me think about things in different ways. I hope she comes back soon.
fmaldy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
They had a lot of wonderful moments together, but what I didn't like was the cheating part.. on both sides, I didn't like that Justin cheated on Brian, and then that Ethan cheated on Justin. Especially when you are soo in love and it is so fresh, you would expext more...
No it's a big twist especially when seeing how great they were with each other
BlackSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 12:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
Issue Justin says he wants something astonishingly romantic It reminds me of when Brain said to Justin that the song was ridiculously romantic and then they kissed after the prom I know Justin probably doesn't remember it but that use of the same kinds of words - he was looking for it and Brian had it all along.
It was rogue, off the charts, OOC. I made a list of all the times Brian's been romantic. There are sooo many examples that due to the evidence before me I had to begrudgingly state that Brian's purchase of the manor and over the top proposal were NOT OOC given his history of romance.

So, firstly, they made Justin suddenly forget all of the romance Brian gave him. And, secondly, they turned Brian into a heartless jerk who suddenly didn't believe in birthdays.

Quote:
And I agree Daggi - I don't like the cheating either
I can't stand what Justin did to Brian. But, they wrote this arc where both B and J were aliens from the delta quadrant.

I really can't take the cheating and lying seriously. To clarify, I mean the lying and cheating kills me for how hurt and betrayed Brian was. But, I can't take the entire storyline of 13 episodes, from 216 to 308 with anything but a grain of salt because it was such cheap, lazy writing. There was plenty of angst but it was soooooo ridiculous. And, I don't mean ridiculously romantic. I would've accepted a break up if the set up was more consistent, more inline with the characters, and better written.

What irked me was that it took the writers 8 episodes of B/J being separated to get Justin to come to his senses. The other thing that irked me was that Justin told Daphne he fell out of love with Brian. ?????

Brian soooo proved he loved Justin while they were separated. And, Justin saw that. If Justin was out of love then why did HE become Rage in 304? Did you hear him? BRIAN? DID SOMETHING HAPPEN TO BRIAN? He actually grew to love Brian MORE while he was with Ethan. He even told Brian in 308 that what he had to offer Justin was a million times better than Ethan. So, where did this OOC rogue statement come from about his being OUT OF LOVE with Brian????

Like I said before in 215 Brian tells Debbie in the diner when she's holding a pic of Rage, "I'm not an a$$hole. I'm just drawn that way."

I SWEAR that was the writers letting us know that the next arc was going to show B & J as a$$holes. But, we weren't to hate them. The writers were going OOC and we had to forgive B/J until they were allowed to return to their usual selves.

I mean, even Ethan!! So, Ethan's so one dimensional that he was completely full of bulls--- from the start? This man, oh so devoted to twu wuv, romance, and JUSTIN, knowing how badly Justin wants to be exclusive - goes away for one night and suddenly he's a cheater? And, then the writers make him lie and lie to cover up that tryst?? That's the writers for you! OK, hmmmm...time to get B/J back together. Let's throw the Ethan character under the bus and make him look so evil suddenly that the viewers will think he's wearing a black top hat, black cape, and twirling his handle bar mustache!! That's some exit strategy for Ethan they had!!

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-05-2017 at 11:25 PM
brianitesince2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

With my friend watching, I'm at episode 305 at the moment.. and I still don't get it how Justin can stand that appartment Ethan lives in.. Even I want to grab a paintbrush and paint those doors and as an artist Justin must have died to do this every mometn he entered it

icon by Daggi
Old 11-14-2017, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Didn't the agent want Ethan to appear straight? Then how come it was okay to sneak off with a guy? That didn't make sense to me.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
With my friend watching, I'm at episode 305 at the moment.. and I still don't get it how Justin can stand that appartment Ethan lives in.. Even I want to grab a paintbrush and paint those doors and as an artist Justin must have died to do this every mometn he entered it
It was Cowlip's homage to Toulouse-Lautrec's humble abode in Monmarte circa 1900. LMAO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Didn't the agent want Ethan to appear straight? Then how come it was okay to sneak off with a guy? That didn't make sense to me.
What DID make sense about this plot line?? Like I said earlier they even vilified the Ethan character when it was time to get rid of him. Cheating AND lying. Did Ethan seem like that guy?
Old 11-15-2017, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Everyone was sort of confused that he was just suddenly gone. Okay...so he was a genuine plot device, but I would have liked to keep him around a bit.

Oh...and never mind the apartment, the bed and sheets! I can deal with needing a paint job, but the bed! Did he get that from a garbage truck too?
Old 11-15-2017, 06:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Everyone was sort of confused that he was just suddenly gone. Okay...so he was a genuine plot device, but I would have liked to keep him around a bit.

Oh...and never mind the apartment, the bed and sheets! I can deal with needing a paint job, but the bed! Did he get that from a garbage truck too?
Way too contrived.

I didn't want him around any longer. Brian was without Justin for 8 episodes. I wanted them back together. And, I'm not an Ethan fan. But, fair's fair. They gave no thought whatsoever into how to believably remove him from the story. They just threw his character under a bus.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

They certainly succeeded in making us hate him. Plus...he never became part of "the guys", so I guess there were no losses in relationships.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
They certainly succeeded in making us hate him. Plus...he never became part of "the guys", so I guess there were no losses in relationships.
I particularly didn't like in 301 when they're at M/L and Debbie calls Justin Sunshine. Ethan's like SUUUUUNSHIIIIIINE. Debbie says you have a problem with that?

I cringed. I thought A) he was going to mock the name - which Brian began using since 202 so it was HIS nickname for Justin as well as Debbie's, or WORSE B) Ethan was going to begin using the nickname (at which point I would've jumped through the screen and into QAF world and strangled Ethan myself. Ethan character GONE by 301 via audience strangling).
Old 11-15-2017, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

The animosity between Brian and Justin was just ridiculous. Well...the animosity Justin had for Brian was ridiculous. He was condescending and snide when he was around him, as if Brian deserved to be hurt. It was Brian's fault that Justin was a cheater. That really bothered me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianitesince2001 (View Post)
Ethan character GONE by 301 via audience strangling).
Old 11-15-2017, 08:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
The animosity between Brian and Justin was just ridiculous. Well...the animosity Justin had for Brian was ridiculous. He was condescending and snide when he was around him, as if Brian deserved to be hurt. It was Brian's fault that Justin was a cheater. That really bothered me.
ITA. Justin not only betrayed Brian but continued to be nasty. I mean, OK, Justin, you feel he let you down but you left him. You're with a "romantic" violinist showering you with poetry, music, and roses. You got what you want. Can you leave poor Brian alone???

And, Justin was within earshot (and Mikey was shouting so really it was very easy to hear) when Mikey told Brian in 301 that Brian should've left Justin there to die. Justin SAW Brian knock Mikey on his a$$ for that. That was AFTER Brian told Justin he hoped Justin got what he wanted.

Where's that bad guy, Justin? Where's the guy you think you deserve to be a constant snark to?

Then, in 302, Brian gives Justin EVERYTHING. Justin walks out without saying thank you. So much for your WASP manners!!

I don't understand the entire arc from 216 - 308. It makes no sense to me. From the motivation to the behavior of B, J, and E.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

WEll.. nobody heard what Michale was yelling at Brian.. they only blamed Brian for hitting him.. how could you not hear what was the reason for that fight? And Justin miúst have known it was about him, why else would he have looked at Brian, the way he did at that moment?

Yes Justin was hurt, because Brian didn't stopp him to leave.. but shouldn't he be mad at himslef for that? My guess is, we again forget that Justin still is a teenager.. we expect too much from him in that situation. I think he reacted like a "normal" teenager in his age would. he didn't have life experiance, and I think blaming the other one instead to look for the fault of all in yourself needs life experience, you can't learn that.. so that is probably the reason.. and not to forget, the fiddler surley put oil in that fire as often as he could... he probably knew that Brian still was a danger for their relationship..

For Justin not saying thank you.. I haven't really noticed and I have to pay attention. No need for a thank you for paying the money for school, that was a deal, but he could and should have said thank you for the computer.. and the right spot to thank him if he couldn't get himlsef to do it then, would have been the moment where he brought Brian back the braclet

icon by Daggi
Old 11-16-2017, 05:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
WEll.. nobody heard what Michale was yelling at Brian.. they only blamed Brian for hitting him.. how could you not hear what was the reason for that fight? And Justin miúst have known it was about him, why else would he have looked at Brian, the way he did at that moment?

Yes Justin was hurt, because Brian didn't stopp him to leave.. but shouldn't he be mad at himslef for that? My guess is, we again forget that Justin still is a teenager.. we expect too much from him in that situation. I think he reacted like a "normal" teenager in his age would. he didn't have life experiance, and I think blaming the other one instead to look for the fault of all in yourself needs life experience, you can't learn that.. so that is probably the reason.. and not to forget, the fiddler surley put oil in that fire as often as he could... he probably knew that Brian still was a danger for their relationship..

For Justin not saying thank you.. I haven't really noticed and I have to pay attention. No need for a thank you for paying the money for school, that was a deal, but he could and should have said thank you for the computer.. and the right spot to thank him if he couldn't get himlsef to do it then, would have been the moment where he brought Brian back the braclet
You're right, Daggi. We forget Justin's a teenager.

I cannot stand the fiddler. I've been defending him b/c Cowlip unnecessarily vilified him in the end. But, here I go again...

LMAO - Ethan may have been pouring oil on that fire but Brian sure was tugging at those marionette strings. And, I LOVED it. But, Ethan was nothing against the master.

When Justin's leaving Brian says aren't you forgetting something? That's when Justin says thanks. Then, Brian says not that THAT. It's the computer - Brian packed it for Justin.
Reply   Post New Thread