Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2018, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
What happened to the fiddler?
He fell off the roof.

one of the funniest quotes

icon by Daggi
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

It was truly heartbreaking that he cheated on Brian, but he needed to FEEL loved by someone and Brian couldn't be that person. Ethan offered and eventually Justin accepted.

Old 12-13-2018, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

I read an interesting theory (I think from a very olddd thread on this board, perhaps ) where someone thought that Justin's bashing and his PTSD from it influenced his decision to cheat on/leave Brian. Both of them (Justin and Brian) are obviously a bit different after that incident. And after experiencing trauma, it can be hard to connect to people in your life, even people you were previously getting along just fine with.

Going with that theory, it makes sense that Ethan could swoop in and give his BS promises and Justin would've been swept away by them, and Brian would've looked unloving by comparison. It also makes sense with Justin's age. I personally was fooled by someone doing similar stuff that Ethan does - talking a lot of good game and upping the romance quota, but underneath it all they were full of st.

Regardless of if he wanted to or not, Brian was actually offering Justin real love. Real love IS showing, not telling. But again, makes sense that Justin hadn't figured that out yet. It's good that this happened (plus it's a delicious time in the storyline for the series, oh yes ), because Justin got to "realize" that Brian had been showing him love all along. "Brian showed me he loved me...everyday. I just didn't want to hear it."

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
What happened to the fiddler?
He fell off the roof.

He sure did.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
SojournHeart11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think a lot of it had to do with Justin's age. He met Ethan just before his 19th birthday, so...I can only imagine being that attracted to a person who is offering romance, is electrifying.

This is why the "I came for my song" scene is so beautiful to me. The longing and Justin walking up to Ethan while he is playing for him. That moment just before their lips touch has got to be one of the most agonizingly satisfying moments. Fab and Justin played those two teenagers perfectly. OMG...I could just feel it. Come to think of it, that has happened to me. That moment is incredible.

It's after the secret is out that it wasn't exciting anymore. At least that was my take on it. I think Justin got off on the sneaking around.

When Justin said, "I didn't mean for it to happen...I should have told you", then Brian said, "What...and spoil all the fun?" I think this is true in Justin's case.

Old 01-13-2019, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

That scene is intoxicating. Those gifs capture all the emotions and I feel each one. Even though it was sad Justin was grew so far apart from Brian, I do believe it was necessary for them to have had that break. Only so that Justin could experience romance in a different form that's closer to what his ideals of "true romance" were at that point.

Old 01-22-2019, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

Add me please
Old 01-22-2019, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry...no list here either.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

Okay no worries
Old 01-31-2019, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

those two had an interesting storyline

icon by Daggi
Old 01-31-2019, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I think so too. Whatever Justin wanted out of a relationship was what he was going to get. Whether it was sincere or not, that is the question. Either way, it was a necessary component in developing Justin further along as a character.

Old 02-28-2019, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

I always found them interesting
Old 03-18-2019, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

They definitely can be.

Old 03-21-2019, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I think Justin , being a teenager, had to find out himself, that looking for romance, roses and "love" he also would find the ugly side of it all.. I guess Ethan was a bit older then he was? he was enjoying that Justin worshiped him and was so in love with him, and he would have promised him the blue out of heaven .. maybe even meaning it and not realising that he would hurt Justin so bad with cheating on him, even only one time.. Ethan knew that Bran was tricking and I think he maybe thought Justin would have experienced more relationships, which he didn't... I guess if they both would have been more experienced with life, the whole thing would have looked a differnet way.. Justin wouldn't have been so blue eyed with waht love really means (in every case) and Ethan probably would have been more sensitevd

icon by Daggi
Old 03-21-2019, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

I always got the impression that Ethan was the same age as Justin, but IDK. Sadly, I remember being around that age and falling myself for that same kinda BS that Ethan spewed. We grow up thinking THAT'S what love is, thanks to movies and books and whatnot. Super easy for manipulative people to swoop in and talk a pretty game and hook someone naive and just looking for love. Pretty messed up...

I think Ethan had genuine feelings for Justin, but probably more-so because Justin fed his ego. And Ethan's ego, as we know, left no room for anyone else.

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top