Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 12:41 AM
Master Fan

Hal/Michael love #9 ~ "That song still gives me a chubby."

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I'm never going to hear that song again without thinking about Hal. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Links:

Hal's official website

Hal's Angels website

Hal's fan listing

Hal Sparks Live Journal community

Heart Of A Superhero (Michael website mostly - currently out of commision)

Michael Novotny fan listing

Just want to send another welcome out to Carrie! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

1/5/04 NEWS:

* Hal answered his second set of questions on his forum
* Hal also posted a new message late last week there as well
* Hal will be on "The Wayne Brady Show" *this* wednesday...the 7th. **correction**

[ 01-05-2004: Message edited MichaelsPatience ]

*edited because posting links to other Forums is not allowed... sorry [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ 02-04-2004: Message edited briansluv ]
Old 01-05-2004, 05:13 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm not sure what I think about Hal in the dark makeup....not really my thing. Love sweet Mikey/Hal! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2004, 08:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi everyone (again) [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Thanks for the warm welcome! My airline confirmed my flight so I guess that means I'm going to Toronto next week. I can't believe I'm going to be meeting Hal. I don't know what I will say to him though...if anything, LOL. I'm hoping more people will confirm for the convention...I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm sure there will be some great Hal stories after I get back from Toronto.

I was watching my DVD of "I Love the 80's Strikes Back" and did anyone notice the Scratch 'N Sniff segment during 1984 where Lita Ford says something like, "we had scratch 'n sniff bar stools" and then they cut to a shot of Hal looking at the camera, like, "WTF?" It's really brief but it's something that cracks me up everytime I see it.

MichaelsPatience, I heard "I Want to Know What Love Is" on the radio on the way to work today and I immediately thought of Hal too.

Carrie [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-05-2004: Message edited FairyChica78 ]
Old 01-05-2004, 11:07 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That's awesome! And ya, I did see that part about the scratch and sniff bar stools and Hal's look at the camera. *snicker* I think I was making the same face he was when I heard that!

I had heard that the convention wasn't selling nearly as many tickets and expected. All I am willing to say around here is that I hope those who do go have a great time and enjoy the weekend. And from what I know of Hal, don't worry about what you will or won't say...lol...he's most likely to throw his arms around your shoulder and have a picture taken of the two of you like that. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Be sure to tell me alllll about it.

Kim - I'm not in love with the dark eyes and makeup look on Hal, but I think it's perfect with the kilt. [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img] I just love those pics - those legs and those arms! DAMN! [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2004, 11:08 PM
Master Fan

New thread!

Hee hee to the pics of Hal wearing a kilt. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's got nice legs.
"The most important thing to me is that I have had people come up to me and say the show made me feel different about what they could be, about what they could do, about how they respond to problems, about being a female leader." - Joss Whedon
Old 01-07-2004, 11:12 AM
Loyal Fan

i was out of the room when wayne brady was telling who the guests were. but did i hear him say hbo's queer as folk?

i was listening with half an ear, waiting for hal to come on so i could be wrong! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

edited to add hal was so freakin' funny and adorable. and he sang! i'll be buying that cd!

[ 01-07-2004: Message edited katerin ]
Old 01-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi everyone! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
I finally watched Hal on Wayne Brady tonight and I loved that he got to sing. He was funny and cute as usual. I'm currently watching last season's QAF to catch up for the convention. Fun times!

Carrie [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2004, 11:21 PM
Master Fan

Kate, he did say "HBO" - you heard right. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I heard it and thought, "We're not THAT lucky!" At least he got it right later when he brought Hal out.

Speaking of which...loads of goodies for you all tonight. First, I have just been made a co-moderator over on Hal's Lair! I think they're putting me in charge of the QaF and All About Hal sections for now. I'm nervous and hope I do a good job, I'm also totally honored and flattered that I was asked. My Hal love has been around far longer than QaF has; there aren't a lot of people I am this crazy for...so of course I said yes. Have to give it a shot. I barely spend any time here as it is anymore, I only come by *this* board for 3 threads as it is...I am in FF everyday though, reading the new spoilers for my soaps. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] So it's not like I am abondoning this place - gotta represent my man and my couple. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

ANYWAY....this is my recap of sorts I posted all over the place today. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

OMG - the show ended about 20 minutes ago. I'm still in awe. Let me tell you as much as I can, Hal is the last guest on but sooooo worth the wait. They showed the clip of Michael and Justin arguing in episode 301, Hal came out in tight blue jeans (shocker..lol) and a navy colored button down -made him look so tall and really showed off the waist. rawr. He was smiling and just so damn hot - he's looking really, really good these days. There's something about Hal in blue that I love!

They talked of QaF, KISS, the issue of Vanity Fair with Hal looking all serious and studly, and finally settled on The Hal Sparks Band after they came back from the break. The comments about the issue of VF was funny, Hal saying they had all the hot people on the huge layout and had him tucked away in the corner behind Sharon Gless looking all angry...lol...he said he thinks he was just about to yawn when they took the picture. He said he's hoping they'll be done with recording the CD and maybe have it ready (<- ?) by Valentine's Day.

And Hal sung - which I was not expecting but was so excited to see. Aside from the "She Waits" clip, and his goofing off on TS, QaF and the VH1 series, I've never actually heard him *sing* - so this was a treat. And all I can say is - THE MAN WAS FCUKING AWESOME!!!!! I was totally blown away by his voice, and he was jamming on that guitar...whoa. Absolutely amazing. And this was only a snippett of what so many of you have seen and heard in person? DAMN

Now if you'll excuse me, I need some ice to cool down....
Old 01-07-2004, 11:23 PM
Master Fan

Screencaps from "the wayne brady show" can be found at sparksfan.com and xof was good enough to type up a quick transcript, I'm posting it below:

The Wayne Brady Show

1/7/2004

Video Clip from QAF - Michael telling Justin to stay away from everyone now that he's not with Brian.

W: Folks, please welcome Hal Sparks! Good to see you once again, sir.

H: Ahhh... I'm so much nicer than I am in that clip. Just for the record...

W: You know, I felt bad for him.

H: Yeah, I felt bad for him too. I'm a JERK! Noooo, I was just upset.

W: You had a lot on your heart and on your mind.

H: I did, as always. This is a very dangerous show you have going on today. You've given Nicole a bow and arrow, and you're flicking knives. You're a maniac.

W: And I've got kids doing the bump-ba-bump. No holds barred.

H: You are Late Night now, officially. I tried to get a potato chip in the back and it was like ... (makes knife throwing noises).

W: We are dangerous. Now, ahh. You know what I love. Just watching you, and over the past couple of seasons, because I am a fan of "Queer As Folk." And then watching how the Hal Sparks I knew when you first started, not even on the show. But on E...

H: Yeah, Talk Soup...right.

W: On Talk Soup. The way that you've evolved into this actor.

H: Isn't that weird?

W: You're really really good. Man, I have to say that as a fan of the show. You're good. You're really good.

H: Thank you. It means a lot. Really, thank you. ((He sounds so surprised to hear that...lol.))

W: And so you deserve the notoriety that's coming from that. Because "Queer as Folk," I tell people to watch it. Because, you know, the stereotypes that exist. I think it's great that the show breaks a few of them.

H: Absolutely. It's funny. We were "Queer" when queer wasn't funny. Seriously, when I first took the show.... I left Talk Soup, and then I took the show. And a lot of shows that would have me on as a guest - talk shows and what not, wouldn't have me on anymore. For almost two and a half years, because they would have to put the word "Queer" underneath what I was saying. Hal Sparks, "Queer As Folk." And they didn't want to do it. And, and... It was really frustrating. And then two years later, it's like so easy... Oh yeah, "Queer As Folk." Whatever. You know. Everybody on that show, and not just me, but all of the other cast members, really took a big risk. And did something really brave to do it. We really were on the vanguard. It's a historic show. And it's really fascinating to be a part of it. And the ridiculousness, that you know me - this big doofy goof, is, you know, somehow respected for being on there. It boggles my mind.

W: Well it's amazing to watch you in pictures now, because now you're taking pictures half naked with like ... You're not even smiling like Hal Sparks.... You're like.... (((Wayne does model pose - intense stare.)))

H: Oh no... You're not... That's... Oh no. Oh boy...

W: And speaking of a picture, I have an issue of Vanity Fair, 2003. The year of the Gay TV Heat Wave. Now check out Hal. He's right here. I want to get a good shot of this. Hal's right there, in the corner with his shirt off. That's with cast members of Will & Grace, and Queer Eye and Boy...Boy meets Boy.

H: If you look at it (takes magazine from Wayne), like it starts out. It's like a three page thing. This is the cover. And then there's this page before it of this other, you know, like the whole gang and they're all sexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxy. And then wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over here in the corner is Hal Sparks. Just way... I like - 'He's not gayish enough. We just want... You know...'

W: We want you on the periphery gay.

H: He's too, he's on like I love the 80's and the thing, and he's just.... Put him behind Sharon Gless and make him look all mad. And that's what they did.

W: Mad equals sexy.

H: I look so miffed. It's so funny, and that wasn't the intention. I think I was about to yawn, and they snapped. You know how they do that... Just take a picture of you and you're like...

(Pretends to yawn.)

W: That's my DMV photo.

H: Is it? Ahhh. That's sad.

W: Hey, folks. We have a lot more with Mr. Hal Sparks as soon as we get back. He's sooo sexy. (Points to the pic of Hal in Vanity Fair, as Hal shakes his head 'no'...lol) He's sexy.

(((Break)))

W: We're back with Queer As Folk star, Mr. Hal Sparks. Now you're also a commentator on the VH1 show I love the '80's and '70's.

H: Yeah, yeah.

W: Now I have to ask you, as a music fan - I know you're a musician as well, and we'll get to that... What's your all time favorite band?

H: Well, uhmm. My favorite song ever is from a band called King's X. It's called "Summerland." But my favorite band of all time is KISS. I've been a KISS fan since I was... I bought my first KISS album when I was five years old with my own money. And it was like the save up and thing... They have the makeup and it's really... It made my third grade teacher, Mrs. Murrs, VERY angry. So that helped alot, and... I just have alot of respect for the guys. You know, Gene and Paul don't drink. Never did drugs. I never have drank or done drugs. And I think that has alot to do with it. Never, not once. And, not going too... And they're really great with their fans. They're very respectful. They look out and they don't just see a sea of people. They see human beings, and that matters. I gotta say HEY to my boys. And Paul, man - I love yah - and Bruce, and Eric and Gene.

W: I gotta through a question at you. If you're really the diehard KISS fan that you are, what was the name of the not-so-great KISS movie that they did?

H: (Instantly) "KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park"

W: WOW...

H: Come on, work with me. Come on, pick a lyric off "The Elder." Let's go crazy.

W: Now you have your own band, right? It's a metal band.

H: Yeah, yeah. The Hal Sparks Band. I figured why bother getting famous if.... (They put up a pic of Hal with the Band on stage at their Atlanta Roxy gig.)

W: Look at you! You look like Rick Springfield.

H: Don't even...

W: No, I LIKE Rick Springfield.

H: I do. too! I love...

W: Back in the day, when Rick was....

H: (Imitating Rick's aggggggggggggggressive guitar playing style - can you say a killer strum? lol...) "You gotta love somebody..." I love how he just jammed, "you gotta love somebody."

W: Kinda like the kid up in the 15th row (of the audience...)

H: Right, he's a young Rick Springfield - waiting to happen and God bless you.

W: So you guys got a CD coming out. You've got the whole thing....

H: Yeah. We're actually recording actually while I'm in town now, and hopefully it'll be done by Valentine's Day. That's my goal.

W: Well, I'd like to... Because we can't talk about the band and the music, and NOT have you do anything, We have guitar for you. Give us an acoustic sample some of your songs, or one of them rather.

H: This is... you know, my stuff doesn't exactly report well with acoustic. It's not that kind of - 'My mother loves you.' That kinda stuff doesn't... But I'll give a little bit of something.

"Sometimes the moment comes
and I wait for it to fade.
And sometimes the stars all align
and give me a sign in the shape of her face.

Cause in this dark she shines the light.
I'm wondering if she can feel me here tonight.
Cause in her eyes, I find my satellite."

W: Okay, folks. You've got to catch Hal in "Queer As Folk," every Sunday on Showtime. And look out for the Hal Sparks Band!

H: Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh....

W: I didn't know he could sing!!! We'll be right back....

the end....

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2004, 12:13 AM
Master Fan

New Hal pics from http://www.wireimage.com

(you just *know* he adores that shirt!)

(crotch shot!)

Bigger pics from http://www.gettyimages.com

He certainly does fill those jeans out, doesn't he? [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Addicted Fan

*can't stop giggling* Danielle- You have no shame...crotch shot. *lol* "He fills out those jeans, doesn't he..?" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Peter Paige always looks older when not on screen, don't you think? MAN...Robert looks amazing...! And Hal..wow, you can hardly tell he loves Kiss can ya?
Old 01-12-2004, 12:21 AM
Master Fan

I can't tell at all! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img]

Ya, I think peter often does look older off screen than he does on, weird. Not much, but enough. Robert does look nice, the only one with a tan...lol...they're all pale and he's there all bronzed.

And no, I don't have any shame. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] How can I? I'm friends with DoT, who has a picture of Hal grabbing her breasts! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Yes, I'm serious. She even has a pic of them pressed together and grabbing each other's rear ends. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Ever see her icon at the lair? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Not to mention SnarkAngel's. *snicker*

I hate her. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

But he does fill out those jeans. I mean, HE has no shame! [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img] They are *tight* and he's just so compact and packed. [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/angel.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2004, 01:02 PM
Master Fan

If you want to hear Hal singing on 'the wayne brady show', go here to this link http://www.halslair.com/HalsingingWB.wmv
Old 01-22-2004, 05:29 AM
Addicted Fan

Oh, I'm so mad! So all this time, I've been waiting for that special Vanity Fair...and I had told my newsagency friend and all, only when I had a closer look at ugly Russell Crowe's mug on the cover of one...it had subtitled 'TV's Gay Heat Wave', so I looked through the contents....and there it was! The two pics I'd wanted...and then *sniffles* a mini pic of the cover with Brian on the ground, shirt open....!!! RUSSELL CROWE IS FERAL! How dare they put HIM on the cover?! Ah heck, I bought it anyway...but I might have to buy a second..I can't exactly put one on the wall, and cover up the other! *sigh*
Old 01-22-2004, 11:53 PM
Master Fan

Kim, a few weeks ago I saw the VF issue in a bookstore...if I ever see it still lying on a shelf somewhere, i'll buyt it and it's yours.

Oh my god..someone I just love, love, love online was at the book signing in Los Angeles 2-3 weeks ago...she bought me the QaF book and had it autorgraphed by Robert, Michelle, Peter and Hal!! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] It's funny, I have quite a few autographed items and have never actually gotten them autographed myself.

But, the good news is that "lightning bug" (hal's movie) is being shown here in Philly at the film festival in April..so there's a chance Hal will be here. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]