Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2017, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Still waiting... like the truly thirsty fangirl I am openly admitting to being.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 08-26-2017, 11:13 PM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Still waiting... like the truly thirsty fangirl I am openly admitting to being.
Me too, hope we will learn at least something, maybe after 29 which is on Tuesday when rehearses and shoots shall finish.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

No photos yet
Old 08-28-2017, 11:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star11 (View Post)
No photos yet
I think we have to be patient again

icon by Daggi
Old 08-29-2017, 04:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

We must be patient.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
We must be patient.
that is something we can manage I guess

icon by Daggi
Old 09-01-2017, 02:13 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Pic of Gale with Fay Ann Lee from 2005 at U.S.Open, at time when they working on Falling for Grace. I had seen lot of their photos but not this one.
(Fay is actually an avid tennis player and has represented New York City at USTA national tournaments at the highest amateur level (rated a USTA 5.0 player), so thats why this scenery for the pic).
Looking forward what they will come up with this time while working together on the Engagement.

This is from one interview with Fay Ann Lee, I think she is so on point

What’s the weirdest question anyone has ever asked you about your work?
Did I write, direct, and spend half a decade raising money to produce Falling for Grace just so I could kiss my costar, Gale Harold. It was such a strange and unexpected question that I actually wanted to say yes, and that now I’m writing another120 pages of story — which will take me months on end, and probably another few years to raise the money, just so I can make out with, let’s say, Craig Ferguson (he’s so wickedly witty). The crazy thing is that the person that asked the question was completely serious. I quickly realized through these Q&As that if you really listen, people are often just telling you about themselves. It’s never really about you, not even when people are asking you questions about your own movie. It’s usually about them. She was actually mad that I got to kiss Gale Harold. She had concocted this unflattering picture of me in her head about how I had schemed to get Gale to kiss me. It was so crazy! I hope she doesn’t read this.

And something about film Falling for Grace, I understand now why Gale chose to do this film.

Fay Ann Lee, a Broadway actress (Miss Saigon) wrote Falling for Grace as a proactive response to the lack of good roles for Asian American actors. Her script placed in prestigious competitions including the Nicholl Fellowship and the Chesterfield Writer’s Film Project at which point Hollywood producers began to show interest.

But they wouldn’t buy the screenplay unless Lee changed one thing – the main character’s ethnicity (from Asian American to White or Hispanic), claiming that mainstream America is not ready for a rom com that stars an Asian American protagonist. Sticking to her guns, Lee decided to raise $3 million and produce it herself. Four years later, filming began. Falling for Grace premiered at the 2006 Tribeca Film Festival, where it was one of that year’s biggest hits, and noted by Logan Hill of NY Magazine as one of his top two picks in the NY, NY competition.

But despite the film’s success at Tribeca, every distributor turned down the film again asserting its belief that no one would pay to see an Asian American protagonist in an all-American romantic comedy. Lee disagreed. Instead of giving up, she took on yet another role – as distributor.

The Sundance Kabuki Theatre in San Francisco was the first theatre that agreed to open up “Grace”. Without any marketing dollars, Lee and her editor, Michelle Botticelli, stood outside the theatre handing out custom fortune cookies to lure in prospective audience members. It worked and they managed to get people to buy tickets to their movie. The word of mouth on the film was better than Lee could imagine, and nearby theatres started to request the film for their own neighborhoods. Two years and 15 cities later, Grace continues to open. From Iowa to D.C., Arizona to Florida, Lee has been fulfilling invitations to open her movie.

Universities have also caught on to Lee’s inspiring entrepreneurial spirit. Yale, Harvard, Johns Hopkins, Wharton, Columbia, Boston University, UMASS Amherst, ASU, University of British Columbia and even Tsinghua University (one of the top universities in China) have all invited Lee to speak to their students about her unique success story as an underdog filmmaker.
Old 09-01-2017, 05:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have not seen that picture or interview before, Sia. I loved reading it!
Old 09-01-2017, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Thank you for posting, Sia. I've always enjoyed that photo.

Old 09-01-2017, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

That pic is new to me too

Thanks for finding Sia and the intervewi is also very interesting

I love that we still can find new things to enjoy

icon by Daggi
Old 09-01-2017, 09:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

Damn. Gale's gorgeous in that photo. And I never heard that quote about Gale from Fay Ann Lee. Thanks for posting them, Sia.
Old 09-02-2017, 03:16 AM
Ultimate Fan

To be honest some people would want to spend their adult life working towards meeting Gale and having the chance to kiss him I know there are some serious fans here who would be just happy to meet him let alone kiss him Of course maybe saying you would spend your whole life doing is a bit over the top and we should just say we would take the chance to meet him if we could

It's amazing how much work Fay Ann put into making her movie a reality and getting it distributed and viewed - I don't know why the studios would think people wouldn't go to see it just because she's Asian - that just sounds crazy to me.
Old 09-02-2017, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

In all honesty, having met Gale...I never thought once about kissing him.
Old 09-02-2017, 06:32 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star11 (View Post)
Damn. Gale's gorgeous in that photo. And I never heard that quote about Gale from Fay Ann Lee. Thanks for posting them, Sia.
I agree, he is beautiful in this pic

And regarding kissing Gale, I will be honest also, I dont want to kiss him, I would never want to put him through that experience assuming his standard would be pretty high
No, but seriously I would not like to kiss someone without having some relationship meaning also friendship with the person or knowing the person more
Old 09-02-2017, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

It would be sort of creepy to assume that he should kiss me. Creepy creepy creepy. Don't get me wrong...he's gorgeous...more so in person, but I agreed with Sia that is reserved for friends.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread