Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2017, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the reminder about that film. I have to finish watching, as I've only watched about 10 minutes of it. Everyone says such great things about it.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Thanks for the reminder about that film. I have to finish watching, as I've only watched about 10 minutes of it. Everyone says such great things about it.
I have to do so, too maybe we can do that together , I guess it is one of the rare things I haven't watched yet

icon by Daggi
Old 09-15-2017, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
Gale´s first movie - 36K

Quiet bad quality, but worth watching
This scene makes me laugh so much, it´s so cheesy
Gale is adorkable and rewards us again with the lip thing
(there are other parts of the film on youtube as well if anyone is interested)

A turbulent story about 36,000 bucks, two simple men and one cold woman. Blackie and Jewels steal 36K in Mexico. The Mexicans follow them, wanting their money back. Jewels takes the money and runs away from Blackie, and bumps into Booker. She ends up going home with him, and Booker falls in love. Jewels only loves herself and money, though... so she rips off Booker as well. After Blackie shoots one of the Mexicans in Booker's apartment, Booker and Jewels get in the car and run. Needless to say, Blackie catches up with them... and Booker and Blackie have a "High Noon" showdown. The end is as surprising as the rest of the film, and quite whimsical.You need a warped sense of humor and the ability to suspend disbelief to watch this film. If you do, you will be amply rewarded. Gale Harold delivers a stunning performance as naive Booker - whose character is a far cry from Harold's suave Brian Kinney in Queer as Folk.
O, Sia. I am a HUGE fan of this film. The way it was shot is so weird, and it has some cringey moments in it but 36k is endearing to watch. I'm forever heartbroken that the director will not be releasing it to DVD. It's stuck in the confides of Youtube and only Youtube. Do we even know anyone who has a good copy of it? I think not.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 09-17-2017, 07:58 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

I didnt know that 36k is available only on youtube. And it was first aired on TV screens?

Here are some funny gifs - behind the scenes filming Low fidelity

Here are are some photos

Old 09-17-2017, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
O, Sia. I am a HUGE fan of this film. The way it was shot is so weird, and it has some cringey moments in it but 36k is endearing to watch. I'm forever heartbroken that the director will not be releasing it to DVD. It's stuck in the confides of Youtube and only Youtube. Do we even know anyone who has a good copy of it? I think not.
I have to check out my veersion, but I don't think it is a vetter quality that is so sad, cause it would be worth a release on DVD..

What is much sader, is that a movie like Rehab never will be released at all

And it is so sad that low fidelity isn't even available on youtube as a whole...

icon by Daggi
Old 09-18-2017, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
I have to check out my veersion, but I don't think it is a vetter quality that is so sad, cause it would be worth a release on DVD..

What is much sader, is that a movie like Rehab never will be released at all

And it is so sad that low fidelity isn't even available on youtube as a whole...
It's such a waste

Old 09-19-2017, 11:55 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Daggi mentioned Rehab, these are pics, gifs and videos from Rehab
Seems like amazing movie, such a pity it was never released

Old 09-20-2017, 01:41 AM
Ultimate Fan

Looks like he doesn't okay a very nice character in the Rehab movie
Old 09-20-2017, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I love the one with the woman. Looks hot

Old 09-21-2017, 12:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
it absolutly does

and look how dark Gales eyes seem to be.. they change a lot depending on his surrounding.. maybe that's what made me fall on love with them so much

icon by Daggi
Old 09-21-2017, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I wonder where they got that scene? I didn't see it in the trailers. Do you know, Sia?
Old 09-21-2017, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

The trailer that has that moment in it was on Youtube at one point but they pulled it.

Old 09-21-2017, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
The trailer that has that moment in it was on Youtube at one point but they pulled it.
Ahh...He was really intense in those trailers...disturbing really.

Perhaps that's why they didn't get the money to show it. It was a little too, too much as far as treating mentally ill people.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I suppose that could be it, too. After all, you have to be careful how you represent sensitive matters, rightfully so. Still, it would have made for an interesting movie.

Old 09-21-2017, 11:40 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Thank you girls for all additional information about the Rehab, and I agree thats a sensitive issue however its hard to judge without seeing the film in its entirety.

We also mentioned in Gales thread the series Vanished, and his role of Graham Kelton.
Here are the photos you probably all known, from the FOX party of this series on May 16, 2006.
I just wanted to add what I learnt in fb group that as these photos were taken and the cast was partying, producers were making plans to fire Gale and replace him which doomed show within 2 episodes. Backlash was intense but it was too late for the show. Officialy FOX denied killing Kelton has anything to do with Gale but rumours say that they were afraid Gale didnt appeal to men (ie. straight men). What a bull**** argument if its truth....

Here is official statement of exec producer why they killed Graham Kelton:
It's not every day that a TV show kills off its leading man seven episodes into the first season. But that's exactly what happened on Monday's Vanished, when Gale Harold's Det. Kelton got caught in a hail of gunfire - punishment for learning too much, too soon. Now, for the first time, exec producer Josh Berman explains why he made his star, um, vanish.

Ausiello: So, why'd you kill him off?

Josh Berman: The premise of Vanished is that no one is safe. When we were thinking about going into baseball [hiatus] and leaving the viewers wanting more, what better way [to do that] than to have our lead character get too close to the truth? On this show, anything can happen at any time.

Ausiello: The buzz going around is that Gale didn't exactly endear himself to the cast and crew. Is there any truth to that?
Berman: I think a lot of that is gossip. Gale was a consummate professional. I really enjoyed working with him. I don't think that's a fair assessment at all. I have heard that, but I didn't experience that.

Ausiello: How did he react to the news?

Berman: Really well. We had always talked about something like this happening to his character; we just didn't know when it would happen. But when we were writing the episodes, we realized that his character was getting close to the truth quicker than we had originally anticipated. So [fellow exec producer] Mimi Leder and I had a big discussion with him about how he would feel about doing this in Episode 7, leading into baseball. And he was really gung-ho about it. In fact, in the episode where he's shot, there's a scene where his [estranged] wife gives him his wedding ring back; that was his idea. He thought that if he was going to die, it would be nice to have closure with Ava. I thought that was a great, human instinct to have as an actor. He was on board. He loves the show, and he loves his character. Like his character, Gale had a lot of questions, and I think that it was very satisfying for him to get some answers before he left.

Ausiello: So, just to be clear, this was solely a story-line-dictated decision, and had nothing to do with Gale or his performance?

Berman: No. Fox told us to think outside the box from the beginning. We're not constrained by, "Oh, we have a [contract] with him for this season." We want this to be an edge-of-your-seat kind of show. And I think now, with killing off our main character, no one can guess what's going to happen next.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread