Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2017, 12:46 PM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Well, he had this film called The Lock he was working on, which he had funded through Kickstarter back in 2014. He said a few times that he was trying to develop a plot/script for it, too. So he could still be working on that over three years later. Not sure about anything else, though.
Thank you, that was certainly the thing he was talking about in interview at Paley Center Gala. It would be interesting to see his own project.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
Here is some more info about the film including rehearses and shoots (in New York in August):

'The Engagement'

Company

Canal Street Pictures
Michelle Botticelli & Fay Ann Lee, prods.; Fay Ann Lee, writer-dir.

Production Description
Casting "The Engagement," a horror short. Synopsis: Erik (cast: Gale Harold), an advertising executive, is convinced he is being stalked by a female demon. He's afraid of telling his fiancee for fear of being labeled "mad." But are his experiences real or merely wild dreams stemming from the prescription drugs he's pushing?

Roles
Ali (lead) 25-35
the female lead; she's beautiful, mysterious and is an accomplished lawyer; she's engaged to Erik, an ad exec, and is anxious to move in with him, not knowing that he's keeping a dark secret from her.
Ethnicity: Caucasian, Ethnically Ambiguous / Mixed Race
Required Media: Headshot/Photo

Steven (supporting), male, 35-55
likeable, has a great sense of humor and enjoys imparting tongue and cheek life lessons to colleagues; good comedic role.
Ethnicity: All Ethnicities

Laura (supporting), female, 40-70

a dream analyst/psychic who educates Erik, the lead, on the subject of the mythological character, Succubus.
Ethnicity: All Ethnicities

Rehearsal and Production Dates & Locations

Rehearses and shoots Aug. 18-29 in NYC.

Compensation & Union Contract Details

Compensation will be based upon SAG-AFTRA Short Film Agreement. Producers plan on also applying for SAG-AFTRA New Media Agreement.

This is great news! And the shooting is so soon... a couple weeks away. Maybe I should fly to NYC those dates to see if I can run into Gale (NYC's not that big, right? I'd find him. )

I hope he has fun and I hope we see pics soon.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:08 PM
Sia
Extreme Fan

From Fay Ann Lee FB page:
"So excited that Gale and I are about to film a very fun project together in a few weeks! Something I am directing. It's dark, it's sexy and it's great FUN!!"
https://www.facebook.com/fayannlee?fref=ts

His smile in this photo with Fay Ann is so special and gentle ❤

Quote:
This is great news! And the shooting is so soon... a couple weeks away. Maybe I should fly to NYC those dates to see if I can run into Gale (NYC's not that big, right? I'd find him. )
maybe you can apply for the project , it seems they are looking still for cast members:

Key Details

Seeking talent from:
New York, NY; New York, NY
https://www.backstage.com/casting/th...role_id=606118
It might be a chance to see Gale

Last edited by Sia; 08-04-2017 at 07:39 PM
Old 08-04-2017, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

He looks soooo good.

I love that they took a pic together, how nice. Thanks for posting Sia.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 08-04-2017, 09:58 PM
Sia
Extreme Fan

sorry for changing the topic, but I am reading his answers from Showtime chat in 2001, and really love his sense of humour

Q: It's obvious you are very talented, as I find myself reacting to the television. Where did you train? Did you go to school, and where?

Gale Harold: No, I never went to school. I wasn't allowed to. I had to stay home and work on the farm. I mean, the pharmacy.

Q: Congratulations on handling this challenging role so well. Hal has said in interviews that he found preparing to kiss another man much like preparing to kiss a dog. How did you approach this part of your job?

Gale Harold:
Well, I've been making out with dogs since I was three years old, so I really couldn't use that, it didn't bring me any sort of inspiration. In fact, I get bored when I think of dogs these days.
I just approach it by, having my connection to my character. As an actor, I have what I try and maintain connections to his feelings, and his emotions, and his desires. And, Brian is very highly sexual and passionate in his own way, and that is what I am trying to feel, within myself. I try. My goal is to be real, whether I am having a conversation with someone, or just reacting to someone, a lot of the time, standing off to the side, giving a dirty look. It doesn't matter, it's part of the character's life, and that's my job; that's the exhilarating part of being an actor. To travel in someone else's mind and body, so I just try and feel it, and that's how I prepare.

Q: What is the significance of the shell bracelet? The one Brian wears when he goes "out."

Gale Harold: When I was 17, I seduced and romantically exploited Jacques Cousteau, and the whole crew on the ship "The Odyssey"

Q: Where does it all takes place? Do you do all your shooting in Pittsburgh, or do they take place somewhere else? Where would I go to see you act and/or meet the cast?

Gale Harold: It's all taking place on a sound stage at the White House. And that's one of the few things that George W. is going to allow us to keep from the previous administration. Because he's a real pal!

Q: Gale, is it your choice not to do TV or print interviews right now? I've been searching for interviews and/or articles on you.

Gale Harold: Yeah, well, I'm saving it up because I'm doing a live appearance at the White House with George Bush Sr. and I didn't want to let the air out of it. I wanted it to hit really hard. We are going to be arm wrestling

Gale Harold: Happy Sunday night! Thank you for sharing your precious time with the people who are manipulating you into thinking you are actually talking with me! No, I'm just joking. Thank you all for coming, I hoped you liked the chicken, I know it was a little dry, but the microwave was broken.

Last edited by Sia; 08-04-2017 at 10:11 PM
Old 08-05-2017, 06:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

I like his different answers Instead of just saying the same old things - it's funny and cool
Old 08-05-2017, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

He is so playing that person who interviewed him I guess he was pretty annoyed that the person didn't seem to be prepared at all.

it is funny how he delt with it

icon by Daggi
Old 08-05-2017, 10:42 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
He is so playing that person who interviewed him I guess he was pretty annoyed that the person didn't seem to be prepared at all.

it is funny how he delt with it
Actually these were the questions from multiple viewers of QAF, his fans etc. It was answered during chat organised by Showtime. So probably he received these questions online and answered them online also.thats why he is saying at the end: "thank you for sharing your precious time with the people who are manipulating you into thinking you are actually talking with me."
But I agree he is playing the people who asked the questions

I have one question. I have seen photos of young Gale when he had blond hair and even read somewhere that his natural colour back then was blond. Is it truth? Or did he just coloured his hair for some short period of time back then? And if he was blond,, how did his hair change so drastically to brunett?

Last edited by Sia; 08-05-2017 at 11:05 AM
Old 08-05-2017, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

looking at childhood pics of my brother and my nephew, both were really really blond, almost white when they were kids.. and both turned out to be dark later in life.. and I had a red shade in mine as a kid.. that got lost completly.. so it is absolutly possible.. although thos pics are wuite old and that too changes colours

icon by Daggi
Old 08-05-2017, 11:35 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
looking at childhood pics of my brother and my nephew, both were really really blond, almost white when they were kids.. and both turned out to be dark later in life.. and I had a red shade in mine as a kid.. that got lost completly.. so it is absolutly possible.. although thos pics are wuite old and that too changes colours
Ok thanks for your experience, I saw such change only in very small babies, thats why it surprised me.

Back to more recent photos, I found these from 2012, Gale at Sundance Institute, did not see them before, beautiful colours in them

Old 08-05-2017, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

those pics are really great were they from a documentaion? it almost looks like

icon by Daggi
Old 08-05-2017, 11:52 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
those pics are really great were they from a documentaion? it almost looks like
Unfortunately there were no details, only that they could report they had something to do with Sundance institute.
And if I remember correctly, in 2012 there was convention in Germany where Gale cancelled his participation in the last minute because he "got some interesting job opportunity" and it was the Sundance institute where he has gone to. But I did not find more details.
Old 08-05-2017, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww he looks so good in those photos ❤️❤️
Old 08-05-2017, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I'm so happy you are bringing all these nice pictures back, Sia. We love all of them.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 08-05-2017, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good to hear he's working on something
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Closed Thread   Post New Thread