Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2014, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

So, Gale's in London, huh? Cool. Still wondering what he's up to across the pond. It's funny, because now I wish I were there stalking the streets to find him. Of course I wouldn't approach him, but just the sighting alone would have me...

I notice he's been there a few days now. He must have left Italy right after he attended that AMFAR auction event on the 20th, because the following day he was photographed with Angela Lo Priore on the 21st. Must have left either on that same day, or after.

As you can see, I'm all in this.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige

Last edited by SojournHeart11; 09-23-2014 at 09:32 PM
Old 09-24-2014, 02:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
So, Gale's in London, huh? Cool. Still wondering what he's up to across the pond. It's funny, because now I wish I were there stalking the streets to find him. Of course I wouldn't approach him, but just the sighting alone would have me...

I notice he's been there a few days now. He must have left Italy right after he attended that AMFAR auction event on the 20th, because the following day he was photographed with Angela Lo Priore on the 21st. Must have left either on that same day, or after.

As you can see, I'm all in this.
That is really sad - stalking the streets to find him...I have been out all day I am really tired-...and I still have not found him!!!!!
Old 09-24-2014, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're all making me so sad…looking all over the streets for him. I can just see you Suzie…calling him…"Gale…Gale"
Old 09-24-2014, 03:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
You're all making me so sad…looking all over the streets for him. I can just see you Suzie…calling him…"Gale…Gale"
Actually it's more like begging!!!! I have no pride (no pun intended!!)

Old 09-24-2014, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie231 (View Post)
Actually it's more like begging!!!! I have no pride (no pun intended!!)

Old 09-25-2014, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Has anyone stalked searched for him today?
Old 09-25-2014, 02:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Has anyone stalked searched for him today?
Working today but am off to resume the search tomorrow!!!! I will take a photo with me so I will be able to recognise him!!!!

Old 09-25-2014, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie231 (View Post)
Working today but am off to resume the search tomorrow!!!! I will take a photo with me so I will be able to recognise him!!!!

HA!
Old 09-26-2014, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Review: 'Lost Shoes' finds its target eventually - LA Times

OK, so Gale only gets mentioned as a cast member ... but at least he's mentioned correctly!

But this guy hasn't got even a vaguely good word to say about the film! Nor does he mention gorgeous Gale!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rev...-review-735700

Last edited by Zebbers; 09-26-2014 at 04:25 AM
Old 09-26-2014, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Honestly, the reviewers can suck it, and I'll tell you why. I really don't need anybody making my mind up for me about whether to see a movie or not. I'm just going to watch the film without being spoiled, and will form my own opinions about it and its quality once I'm done viewing it.

And would it kill them to mention Gale's name just once? I know he's not a substantial character, but he's in the film enough to be remembered.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Honestly, the reviewers can suck it, and I'll tell you why. I really don't need anybody making my mind up for me about whether to see a movie or not. I'm just going to watch the film without being spoiled, and will form my own opinions about it and its quality once I'm done viewing it.

And would it kill them to mention Gale's name just once? I know he's not a substantial character, but he's in the film enough to be remembered.
I totally agree with you hun and I share your indignation! Some of my favourite films over the years have had less than flattering reviews in the press!

But it is really, really irritating when they fail to mention Gale's part in the film!
Old 09-26-2014, 08:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

I feel you Denise. Our minds are already made up. Gale is a gifted genius and actor. Give him the part and he embodies that character. He's never let his fans down with any of his performances. WE have NO doubt about his ability to perform.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Give him the part and he embodies that character. He's never let his fans down with any of his performances. WE have NO doubt about his ability to perform.
Quote:
I totally agree with you hun and I share your indignation! Some of my favourite films over the years have had less than flattering reviews in the press!

But it is really, really irritating when they fail to mention Gale's part in the film!
Agreed!

I don't think our Gale will ever get the recognition he deserves, but I'll try to deal.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Agreed!

I don't think our Gale will ever get the recognition he deserves, but I'll try to deal.
I haven't seen the film of course. But the writer of that HR review comes off as annoyed the piece doesn't skewer southerners enough to suit his fancy. And comparing a short film to major full length productions like "Gods and Generals" and "Gettysburg" is ridiculous.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen99 (View Post)
I haven't seen the film of course. But the writer of that HR review comes off as annoyed the piece doesn't skewer southerners enough to suit his fancy. And comparing a short film to major full length productions like "Gods and Generals" and "Gettysburg" is ridiculous.
I hear you.

Southerners can be very finicky about how they're represented in films. The accents or dialect have got to be on par with the real ones, or else it just comes off as being stereotypical and cheap an imitation. Well, I'm a southerner too, and that doesn't bother me quite like it does others.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread