Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

A place to escape just like our little world

icon by Daggi
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just wanted to welcome any new members or visitors who are thinking about joining in, but haven't yet. We'd love to chat with you all and discuss our favorite episodes, characters and actors with you.

Old 07-01-2018, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

You are the reason these cast reunions still happen! Come and say hello!
Old 07-01-2018, 05:40 AM
Ultimate Fan

Beautiful Deborah ! Thank you
fmaldy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Outstanding banner, Deborah.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
SojournHeart11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hopefully our visitors will enjoy looking at it.

Credits to EW.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:15 AM
New Fan

Hi, Everybody,

It's Beth. I hope you're all doing well. I wanted to touch base and let you know where I've been all this time.

When I said I was nauseas mid-November 2017 it was b/c I hadn't eaten in a while. I'm an agoraphobe (can't be out in wide open spaces). The phobia kept getting worse and worse. I ran out of food and couldn't go out to get more or call anyone to help me. (My fear had spread to the phone.)

I was also evicted b/c I couldn't get out the door to pay Nov rent. So, the constable and manager opened the door on me December 5, 2017. I won't describe the scene but I couldn't get up from the couch for over a week by then and they knew instantly they had to call 911.

I had tachycardia, I was ST depressed all over my body (when the instruments won't give accurate readings) and vertigo b/c my elecrolytes were so out of whack.

They brought me to Medical University of South Carolina to fix me physicall on 12/5 then shipped me across the street to the Institute of Psychiatry on 12/3 where I was until May 9, 2018.

I'm now in a homeless shelter in Charleston, SC. I'm on meds for the first time in my life - and lots of them. I'm in a computer lab right now.

I probably won't be able to come back to this site for a while.

But, I love you all. And, I see the titles to the threads I gave are still up and running.

Brian and Justin forever.

Love,
Beth
ABrianitesince2001B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh Beth

I'm so glad you are safe. I was really concerned when you didn't come back after you said you were nauseous. Thank you for checking in and sharing this most difficult time for you. I'm sure you won't be surprised to know that I struggle with some of your challenges. If you ever need to chat, please send me a PM. You are missed and loved very much.

Take the time you need for yourself. We'll be here for your wonderful discussions when you're ready to come back. <3

Love, Deborah
Old 07-02-2018, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Hey Beth! We're so glad you've stopped back in to give us an update. However, I'm very sorry to hear that you got evicted and have been experiencing some hardships & struggles lately. Agoraphobia & rapid heartbeat are the worst I hope your treatment is improving them. Hopefully, there's the brightest and most positive light at the end of the tunnel that will come soon for you, and you will be back on your feet in no time. Here's hoping that things drastically improve for you, Beth. Sending all my love.

Thank you so much for stopping in. Send me a PM if you want to talk, also.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
SojournHeart11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Hi Beth

I'm so happy to hear from you, and I'm so sorry what happend. We all were really concerned about you, but gladly you got help. I hope you find time to come back to us soon and start discussing with us again. we missed you, and we always have an open ear for you whenever you need it and with whatever sorrows you come to us

PMs are a great way to talk and we all would love to help more then just talking but this already can help

icon by Daggi
Old 07-03-2018, 02:02 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hey Beth,

We all wondered what had happened and were worried about you cause we knew you said you were unwell so I am glad to hear that you are safe now even if it's not ideal for you. I hope you can get back on your feet soon. I'm glad you were able to come back here for a quick visit and say hi - please feel free to come back anytime and say hi to us when you are able to. Thanks for thinking of us and letting us know what's happening.

Fiona
fmaldy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 10:36 AM
New Fan

Hi, again,

I wanted to correct that I was moved to psychiatry on 12/13 and not on 12/3.

5 months of in-patient therapy advanced me tremendously. Again, the meds are helping an awful lot too.

This has been a blessing. I never felt hope before. I do now for the first time since seventh grade and I'm 51 now.

The shelter's great, as well. It's a dorm setting. Case workers help with home placement and all that goes with it: credit improvement, vital documents (ss card, birth certificate, etc), and there's a free legal team here to help with ssi, disability, medicaid, and food stamps. The sleeping arrangement is a dorm setting and we get two lockers in which to keep all our stuff.

I'm also dating a lovely man named Chris. I never thought I would be with anybody ever again after my ten year relationship broke up 3 years ago. He's soooooo cute, 6'3", about 220 lbs. And, I'm a cougar. He's 8 yrs my junior. However, he's lived three lifetimes compared to me - he's done three tours in the airforce and was in Afghanistan, has metal in his back and neck, he's a cancer survivor, and on and on. He fell on hard times honestly. He's not addicted to any substances. He's the first good man I've ever dated and this is the healthiest relationship I've ever been in.THANKS TO THERAPY AND MEDS. We're taking things extremely slowly b/c we're both bringing complications, mine psychological, his physical.

Anyway, I was rushed off the other day b/c the computer lab was suddenly swimming with people. I wanted to finish explaining in a little more detail about what this place is like so you don't think of it as you see in the movies. I've made some lifelong friends here b/c we all hit rock bottom so there are no aires and we're here long-term, seeing each other everyday at our best but usually at our worst. LOL

Again, thanks for your heartfelt replies. I'm sorry that some of you also suffer from agoraphobia. I'm guessing that, like me, that's accompanied by social anxiety and perhaps even panic disorders. It sucks. I still fight it every minute of every day. Very luckily for me I have a rather large man who makes sure I leave the campus with him to walk to the store, and mostly, to take the bus. The bus is a huge challenge for me even WITH Chris but he's helping me gear up for a solo trip. It must be done or else I'll remain trapped.

It won't surprise any of you that I have no earthly clue what PM is. But, I can't really set anything like that up on these computers (if anything has to be set up, IDK.) Chris is also my resident tech but he just got a job so he's not around during the day anymore.

I love you all. I send you all my sincere and best wishes that all of our minds heal whatever it is that traps us in unholy hell.

Take care of yourselves,
Beth

Brian and Justin forever
ABrianitesince2001B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Hi Beth

I'm glad you found someone and you don't have to go through that alone
and thanks for letting us know all the details it seems to be a good place to be for you.

PM is a private message. if you look on the right top of this site you see underneith your login the link to the pm's , so nothing to set up just to use

our boardnames are the contact names and you just write and send, like emails

I hope it is understandable

so get better every day and we hope you are going to pop in from time to time to let us know how you are and how it goes with Chris

icon by Daggi
Old 08-03-2018, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome To Our New Members and Visitors!

Reply   Post New Thread