Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I feel like I'm pushing a giant wheel up a hill!
Old 12-13-2014, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Sometimes I feel the same way. It's quite a bit to juggle, but we're managing.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 12-13-2014, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's 4am and I'm still catching up!!!
Old 12-13-2014, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope you're in bed now! I'm doing my rounds now.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Dude, I'm like.... so tired! But I can't rip myself away from this monitor long enough to take a snooze. I want to post as much as possible!

Old 12-14-2014, 05:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Dude, I'm like.... so tired! But I can't rip myself away from this monitor long enough to take a snooze. I want to post as much as possible!
You girls are amazing!!!

On the weekends I have less time for anything.... but I will catch up during the week somehow!!
Old 12-14-2014, 05:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Daggi! Your posting has been incredible so don't think it isn't!! And even if you only posted a couple of times a day you're still a part of this ah~mazing team!
Old 12-14-2014, 05:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbers (View Post)
Daggi! Your posting has been incredible so don't think it isn't!! And even if you only posted a couple of times a day you're still a part of this ah~mazing team!
Thanks a lot
Old 12-14-2014, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Crazy Crazy Crazy!
Old 12-14-2014, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
You girls are amazing!!!

On the weekends I have less time for anything.... but I will catch up during the week somehow!!
You're even more amazing. You have such a busy work schedule, but still take time out to come here post with us!

Old 12-14-2014, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
You're even more amazing. You have such a busy work schedule, but still take time out to come here post with us!
It's true!
Old 12-14-2014, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

She is dedicated.

Old 12-14-2014, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

She is!
Old 12-14-2014, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

It's much appreciated!

Old 12-14-2014, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

From last thread by lost_girl

Quote:
I hope it's okay to share my experiences this way. Since it's been a while, my memories are a bit vague but did my best:

RnS - Cologne - Friday

The registration for the convention was supposed to start around 1pm. They started a bit late which sort of set the pace for the whole weekend. Since I had one of the lower tickets, I didn't even bother to join the queue right away. When I finally joined the queue, it took quite long before it was my turn but in the end I had my badge and everything was in order.

After registration was over, it was time to get ready for the evening party which was called Pub night. Didn't quite know what to expect but dressed up nicely and made my way to the location of the party. When we were let in, it was obvious that there were different areas for different ticket levels. The higher tickets had their own roped off areas.

It had been said that the guests would make an appearance at the party so people were obviously waiting for that to happen. However, there was no info when that might be happening. The music in the bar was pretty loud which made talking with anyone quite difficult. Ordered some JB from the bar, in the spirit of the convention.

Finally the guests arrived. Obviously the first people who spotted them alerted everyone else by their shouts. The guests arrived to the bar one by one and everyone got a very warm and enthusiastic welcome. Since I was in the general area, only caught glimpses of them but did see them all at some point. They all arrived right after another, except for Sharon who arrived maybe five minutes later than the others. She probably didn't hear what kind of reception the others got when they walked in.

At the same time as the guests were arriving, they also started the official entertainment, which might not have been a good idea, since everyone was naturally paying attention to the guests and not that much towards the stage. Originally there had been a request made that cameras shouldn't be shoved at the guests faces and no posed photos were supposed to happen but from what I could see, flashes were going on around the area where the guests were constantly.

Can't remember much of the entertainment they had but there was a funny incident when a magician roped Scott to help out. First he pretended to burn a hole on Scott's jacket with a cigarette. A bit later he asked Scott to perform a magic blow. I guess he meant that Scott was supposed to blow towards him but Scott just knelt down in front of Peter and put his face pretty close to his crotch. Peter just leaned back with a happy expression on his face. You can imagine how wild people went over that.

At first it had seemed that some of the higher ticket holders were allowed to mingle with the guests but a bit later a separate area was roped off for the guests were they could have a bit more peace.

I had sort of expected the guests just to make a short appearance at the bar but most of them ended up staying quite late. I think Sharon and Hal were the first ones to leave, followed by Michelle and Thea a bit later. Scott, Peter and Robert stayed there pretty late. Quite soon after they left, I decided to give up as well since I knew that the next day was going to be a long one filled with all kinds of activities. As far as I know Harris and Randy remained at the bar even after that. Gotta hand it to them since they had a long day ahead of them as well the next day

So this was my first day at the RnS convention. Quite general and not really encounters with the guests yet but will continue with the rest in another post.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread