Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What is the saying again? You always meet someone twice in your life? That means I won't meet Gale again! Damn!
Old 11-26-2009, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

oh, but there's also that other saying, at least here in Italy: there's no two without three
Old 11-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What if I want more than that though?
Old 11-27-2009, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

you just gotta hope that you can meet him more times
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 11-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikaterini (View Post)
What if I want more than that though?
I don't know, strongly believe in miracles?
Old 11-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do believe in miracles! Well, I mean, I did run into Zach in LA and George Takei was on the plane from LA to London. That's better than nothing, right? No QaF starts, but still.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Zach? as in Zach Efron? I don't know who George Takei is
Old 11-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Zachary Quinto from heroes and I believe George Takei is from Star Trek though I might be wrong
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 11-30-2009, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Erm, no Efron, please!

Yes, George Takei was Sulu on ST. He was actually on the plane with his husband.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Passionate Fan

QAF Premiere Party in New York

From Apr 1 2004.

*Just a note: KC is Robert's other moderator on Be The Change and one of my best friends!

KC and I were lucky enough to go the NY screening of QAF last night in New York!!!! Wonderful, fantastic, sweet Robert, invited us and we had the BEST time! Most of the cast were in attendance. Robert, <looking gorgeous as always!> Scott, Peter, Gale, Randy, Thea, Michelle, and Sharon were all there. I didn't get to see Sharon, but I did get a quick glimpse of Randy. Let me start at the beginning ...

The place was packed! The first cast member we spotted was Michelle. She was talking with friends and I have to say that she is beautiful! She was wearing a dress by a new designer, <she told us later> and if that dress reflects the rest of her designs, this girl is going to be a huge success! Anyway, Michelle was very sweet and very easy to talk to.

OK, so we make our way through the crowd looking for Robert, when I spot Randy. There were so many people there that I lost sight of him. I was OK because as much as I love Randy, we just wanted to find Robert and say hi...and well to be honest, it's all about him! heehee. Of course eagle eyed KC spotted him first. He was sitting on a couch with Thea having their picture taken. There were tons of photographers <and KC too!> there snapping away, so I'm sure you guys will see the photos. I'll do a search after my recap. Anyway, he spots her and waves and we just wait until they are done. He comes over looking all gorgeous as always, <sigh> and gives us both a huge hug. We chit chat for a bit and then he introduces us to Thea. I have to say that she is just beautiful in person and very slim. She looked fantastic! She shook hands with us and was so friendly. So after we chat with her briefly, we talk with Robert a bit when some photographers come over and take him away for more pictures.

Moving on, KC spots Gale as he walked towards us to take pictures with Robert, Michelle, Thea, Scott, and I think Peter? After the pictures, Robert introduces us to him. <isn't he the sweetest? > He looked great too! He shook my hand and asked me my name and he said it was very nice to meet me. Anyway, he was really sweet and has such nice eyes. Again the photographers have to get their shots, so we move off to the side to watch. Anyway, we watch for a bit longer and then we decide to walk around so that Robert can do his thing. It's all about the press getting pictures and that sort of thing.

OK, so one minute I'm standing there, and the next KC sees Scott and I'm shaking hands with him! I have to tell you guys that he is so handsome. He has the greatest eyes and he looked really HOT! He was very and sweet and very friendly. We talked with him a bit and wished him good luck at the Prism awards. We both told him that he deserved to win. I really hope he does. So I take a pic of him with KC and we say good-bye and move off.

*Just another note. This is from KC's post. I think I was so nervous about meeting Peter that mind sort of went blank! She wrote more about meeting him in her post, so I thought I'd post her part about him instead of mine. LOL

Some champagne, and a few hors d'oeuvres later, we circled back with Robert who excitedly beckoned us over as soon as he spotted us, and then took us a few short steps away to meet Peter. I have wanted to meet Peter for a lonnnnng time. Robert introduced us as his `girls' lol, and told Peter a little bit about us, including something about us being the 'sweetest things ever'. LMAO! I almost choked. We started talking about the show, Peter's favorite episodes, and then the conversation turned to specific scenes. Robert was saying something about a scene in 212 and then he started laughing, turned to Peter and said, "This is great! I love that we can talk to them about the show using episode numbers, and they know what the hell we're talking about." Peter heartily agreed, and yelled 307! Donna, Robert and I looked at each other and just burst out laughing. Robert directed our attention to one of the screens where a new promo started playing. I'm guessing it's a promo since I've never seen it before, and it wasn't on the DVD's Both he and Peter were very animated. I guess they hadn't seen the finished product. They started talking about the fun they had shooting it, and then about the change in advertising for the show in Canada. We talked to Peter the longest. I can't say enough good things about him. He was outstanding. At the end of the night, I ran into him again as I was tracking down the Press kits, and he shook my hand, and told me that it had been really nice meeting me. I have to add that Robert told Peter that Donna keeps him abreast of all that's going on(smiling broadly the whole time), and that she was the one who assisted him in getting the whole Elements party mess cleaned up. Peter's eyes widened in recognition, and he thanked her profusely for that (I think he was advertised as attending as well), and also for taking care of 'our Bobby'.

So, We move off again and work our way though the crowd. KC finds two chairs and we sit for bit and just watch all the people. Now it's after 11 and I have to make a train. We try to find Robert, but there were still a lot of people there and we had to leave. We go to the lobby to get our coats when I realize that we didn't get a press kit. KC of course being the wonderful friend that she is, says Oh yeah! She moves off and a few minutes later, here she comes with two folders in her hand. The cover has the season 4 cast photo on the front with all the cast bios inside. There were no, DVD's. They didn't have those available for the NY screening ... darn! Anyway we got on our coats and hopped in a cab and I floated all the way to Penn. We had a blast! I have some photos from the event that I will try to find and post later. I know I have them in a folder on my computer but it might take me a bit to find them since I'm not an organized person! UGH!
Old 12-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm green for the jealousy

Robert called you "the sweetest things ever", that's so nice of him!

Is the premiere you're talking about this one?

Old 12-01-2009, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

oh wow that must've been surreal
Icon by Zonikita
Old 12-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

if the premiere you're talking about is the one in that picture, I want to know if you thought to be on an alien planet when you took a look at the guys and their outfits actually, I think the girls were dressed kind of weird too
Old 12-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu9 (View Post)
I'm green for the jealousy

Robert called you "the sweetest things ever", that's so nice of him!

Is the premiere you're talking about this one?
Yeah, we kind of get along pretty well.

And yes that's the premiere I'm talking about. Truthfully, the cast looked really nice. For some reason some people didn't really like what they were wearing, but I'm telling you, they really looked good in person.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

oh, I have no trouble believing the looked good they are all gorgeous guys, they'd look hot in a sack. But... those outfits were kind of terrible, to be honest Well, Robert's was good except for the shirt, I'm not a fan of floweral stuff. But Gale and Randy did Gale's suit blind you for a second?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread