Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, everyone! The name thing still amuses me, even though it's been nearly three years since that night.

Manu - No sparks or anything. Damn!

I'll try to post my second story soon, even though that one is majorly different - and was on my turf.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

never get tired of hearing those stories kate
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 11-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just wish I could share a newer story.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abisel1 (View Post)
I agree that Gale is slim in person but not too slim. He is very sweet too.
you're killing me here
Old 11-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

kate- you never know maybe one day you'll be telling a newer story
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 11-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, like meeting him in L.A. I mean, I have enough things to do there to actually stumble upon some people there. Especially during my second week.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

sometimes things happen when you least expect them
Old 11-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, don't give me any ideas!

Btw, I'm going to post my second story later tonight.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

awesome I can't wait to read it
Icon by Zonikita
Old 11-08-2009, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm waiting impatiently
Old 11-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I had to find my LJ entry about that first.

Okay, so, the original entry is here.

February 13, 2007

So, as some of you might know, the Berlin Film Festival is in Berlin now and me and lesaphina decided to go there to see the movie Gale is an associate producer of - "Scott Walker - 30 Century Man". It was the international premiere tonight and we simply wanted to see it, because 1) I've known Scott Walker for a while already, since my father has a few of his albums, and 2) it is after all a movie Gale has co-produced in a way - even if it was just the money he gave to them.

Anyways, we bought the tickets on Saturday, got them on Sunday and went to the theatre today around 4:30, since the movie was scheduled to begin at 5 p.m. We immediately went inside, because it was kinda cold outside. *lol* We then were standing inside the theatre and waited for the final doors to open, so that we could get to our seats. lesaphina and I were joking around that Gale could be there, too. So, I jokingly went to stand right in front of her to have a better view of the stairs and not even ten seconds later, I saw him! Gale Harold! About 10m away from us in the crowd. At first I wasn't sure if it really was him, but it definitely looked like him, so I tried to get a better look and waited for him to come closer, but then he turned to his left and went to the restrooms, so I couldn't see him from a shorter distance. I still wasn't sure if it was him and turned back around to lesaphina and looked at the floor. She immediately asked me what was wrong, but I couldn't answer, because I wasn't sure what to tell her and my mind was still reeling. She kept asking me and I finally looked at her and said: "I'm only 80% sure, but I think I just saw Gale." She just looked at me a little shocked, so I've told her what I have seen. A man with a black jacket and a grey hat and a three-day beard. Nothing special actually, but he looked so much like Gale. *lol* We then went on talking about the possibility of it really being Gale.

Then the doors opened and we went inside to find some good seats. We were somewhere in the middle and waited for the movie to begin. Yes, we were still talking about it really being Gale or not. *lol* I didn't take my eyes of the one door to our right, but of course, I couldn't watch the door on the left side. I then looked towards the curtain in front of the screen and saw somebody walking up the stairs with long strides. I kept looking at that person and actually did a double-take, but then nudged lesaphina and told her: "There!" She turned and looked at that person, too. Then I was sure that it was actually Gale. He was wearing a black suit with a white shirt and a black tie. It was the same outfit like he was wearing at the SLS premiere. We were still sitting there and looked like deer in the headlights, while he was looking for a free seat. We totally regretted it that there was no free seat beside us. *lol* Anyways, Gale looked around, while he was standing right to our right and then went a little further upstairs. So, yes, he was looking for a seat to watch the movie. You know, VIP guests like the producer and the director etc. are usually sitting close to the front, but Gale had to look for a seat by himself, so it seemed as if this trip to Berlin was quite spontaneous. *lol*

I won't bore you with details of the movie itself, even though it was really great. After the movie there was a Q&A session with the director, which was funny as hell. *lol* And after that, we went outside and to the left of the doors to wait there because I wanted to switch on my cellphone and write a quick text message. While we were standing there, lesaphina suddenly said to me: "There he is!", but I couldn't see him, because people were standing in my way. She then dragged me a bit to the right, so that I could see him, but it took a bit more of dragging on her part. And there he was, walking directly into our direction. I looked at lesaphina again, because I didn't want him to think that we were watching him. *lol* He then passed us and walked around a group of people to walk back inside of the theatre. About two minutes later, he came out again and walked back to where he came from, where he bought himself something to drink. Right then, I was finished with my text message and we decided to leave the theatre without talking to Gale, because we didn't want to disturb him, since he looked completely relaxed and happy, and he wasn't walking hunched like he did in New York, but he walked completely confident and not even hunched at all. He actually seemed to enjoy himself and his surroundings a lot and we didn't want to disturb that harmony.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I never get tired of hearing that story
Icon by Zonikita
Old 11-09-2009, 09:30 AM
Master Fan

Abisel1 - Great story! You are lucky. Robert seems like a really nice guy

Kate - I remember your first story and him writing your name Still quite funny. The second story sounds vaguely familiar. I didn't comment on your LJ but I think I read it before

Quote:
Originally Posted by galesgirl645 (View Post)
If I'd only met one of them
yeah me too
Old 11-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

at least you've seen Randy live
Icon by Zonikita
Old 11-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kate you're one lucky girl. You met Gale not once, but twice!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread