Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 05:34 AM
Supreme Fan

Episode 507 - June 26

justin follows his brain. linds' mom wants to kiss & make up with her. a new threat to the gay community arises. michael & ben get lots of screentime. ted is still the new sexmachine of liberty avenue and brian is brian.

you're so fugly, baby.

and you're so hot with the eyeliner! rawr!

and you're still hotter than mr. fuglyness!
Old 06-26-2005, 07:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Im sitting here wacthing a good ep of QAF, 507, and boom LIGHTING AND RAIN. SOSO Directv goes OUT. I HATE directv. I AM so right now.

That is all

Angie
Buffy/Angel, Pacey/Joey, Max/Liz, Brian/Justin, Charlie/Claire, Nancy/Hartigan, Wolverine/Rogue, Erik/Christine, Jack/Elizabeth, Mason/George, Mal/Kaylee Chiana/John, Peter/Claire, Daniel/Betty, Doctor/Rose, Bill/Sookie, Riddick/Jack, House/Cameron, Belle/Rumpelstiltskin
ANGELforBUFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 07:46 PM
Elite Fan

Aww Angie that sucks!

It was a decent episode, I liked the ending with the B/J scene and then that "Sunshine" song playing was cute.

I felt bad for Ted, even if the guy was a real jerk when it all came down to it.

Ewww, Brandon(FauxBrian) is so fungly. Just ewww.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:14 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Nikki*~
Aww Angie that sucks!

It was a decent episode, I liked the ending with the B/J scene and then that "Sunshine" song playing was cute.

I felt bad for Ted, even if the guy was a real jerk when it all came down to it.

Ewww, Brandon(FauxBrian) is so fungly. Just ewww.
AWW. Thanks Nikki. Thank goodness, I did get to c the show about a hour ago.

Angie
Buffy/Angel, Pacey/Joey, Max/Liz, Brian/Justin, Charlie/Claire, Nancy/Hartigan, Wolverine/Rogue, Erik/Christine, Jack/Elizabeth, Mason/George, Mal/Kaylee Chiana/John, Peter/Claire, Daniel/Betty, Doctor/Rose, Bill/Sookie, Riddick/Jack, House/Cameron, Belle/Rumpelstiltskin
ANGELforBUFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 08:44 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm glad you caught another showing, [b]Angie[/i].

I loved Brian in this entire episode, especially the scene where he comes to Ben and Michael's house to confront Michael. It's so reminiscent of the way he speaks to his mom i.e. f*** you in 304.

Em is fantastic. "You need Jesus" "And you need a blowjob!"

Gaah...I just seen the previews for the next ep and why does Showtime do such a crappy job of concealing future storylines? I feel sort of spoiled now.Grrr

More thoughts to come after I watch again...
I am beginning to know what it feels like to be a woman. To have people looking at you all the time. And I’m sorry ladies, I had no idea! But people are looking at me all the time. Its like i have musical boobies! ~ John Mayer
dorksrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't find 507 on any of my download sites yet. Want it so badly.

"i'm not weird, i'm limited edition "

mylu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:18 AM
Supreme Fan

so - have i mentioned how fugly i find this brandon guy? ... i think i might have said it before.

i loved this episode. oh, the angst.

so i loved the gym scene with ted, em & brian. and all their threesome scenes basically. that devil-angel-kinda-game - very amusing. even tho i do enjoy the ted storyline, i think i'd enjoy it even more if they didn't make his sexscenes seem so ridiculous. his scenes are either 200% drama or they're somehow making fun of him - i wish they'd just give ted one serious storyline that's not supposed to be the humorous stroke of the season/episode. just once.

brian & justin. oh justin, my widdle baby justin. just follow your heart, don't think so much. you know he loves you. and if his reaction when you left didn't show you, then i don't know what else you want from him. - that scene was heartbreakingly beautiful. it made me cry. they both played it off beautifully & intense again. brian caught up in his own self & never before did we see him show his feelings more openly than in this moment when justin is leaving. he has that bittersweet smile that says it all. and his drama moment with michael! you go, baby! brian once again broke my heart. and i wanna strangle michael, more & more with each episode. first the love of his life, then your best friend & now - someone to hurt when he's already down!? gah! eff you, michael novotny! eff you!! *waves fist* seriously, that "who wouldn't" remark was too much. i forgive him the remark about how gus only become important to brian after he'd had cancer. i can forgive him that. but the "who wouldn't" was way too much.
yet, i love the brian/michael scene. finally some interaction again & finally some emotions involved.
and just generally - my poor, widdly, brave baby brian!

linds' mom - not even worth it. seriously. that one was so obvious from the very first moment & yet another waste of screentime. *yawns*

oh - brian banning brandon from babylon perminantly? YAY! i was rolling! i would've done the same - probably already in the last episdoe. "because i can" - show him who's still #1 top stud on liberty avenue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorksrock
I loved Brian in this entire episode, especially the scene where he comes to Ben and Michael's house to confront Michael.
definitely my highlight of this episode as well.

Quote:
i was happy when troy left. chances for blake's return are rising!
Old 06-28-2005, 03:08 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by galela
and his drama moment with michael! you go, baby! brian once again broke my heart. and i wanna strangle michael, more & more with each episode. first the love of his life, then your best friend & now - someone to hurt when he's already down!? gah! eff you, michael novotny! eff you!! *waves fist* seriously, that "who wouldn't" remark was too much. i forgive him the remark about how gus only become important to brian after he'd had cancer. i can forgive him that. but the "who wouldn't" was way too much.
yet, i love the brian/michael scene. finally some interaction again & finally some emotions involved.
and just generally - my poor, widdly, brave baby brian!
I disagree a lot about the Michael stuff. Yes, Brian was upset but it was completely disrespectful of him to go over to Ben and Michael's house drunk, screaming, and waking the whole house up. Not only that but he completely tears apart Michael's life with Ben by calling it a freak show and all the other things he said. The "who wouldn't" remark I didn't think was anything completely horrible because it was true and isn't Brian's favorite mode of 'lecturing' people to use the truth as a weapon? Kind of like Brian did to Emmett last episode. Brian needed to hear that. Justin DIDN'T leave because Michael infected him, he left because Brian was unwilling to give Justin anything close to what he wanted. To me, when Michael said "who wouldn't", it simply meant "who wouldn't leave after all the crap that you put them through when you're both wanting different things".
missed_number is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
i was happy when troy left. chances for blake's return are rising!
That was my first thought too. I need Blake back.

Michael has always been my favorite character so I might be a bit biased, but I have to disagree with you about the fight. As the poster above me said, I think Brian needed to hear that. As much as I love Brian, I think Mikey was right. And I think B knows it too.

I have to give Cow Lip props for the brilliant writing of the Brian/Justin relationship. I used to be a huge B/M shipper and pretty much hated B/J (this was in early season 1). By the end of the season there were already a couple of B/J scenes that I liked. In season two I tolerated them but didn't want them together. Instead I wanted Brian to realize that he belongs with Michael. Season 3 had it's ups and downs. In some episodes I liked them, in some I didn't. In season 4 I fell in love with them. And in 507 is noticed that I wanted to hear Brian say "I love you" to Justin and freaked out a little. I mean, I 've always been one of those who say that's it's not in his nature and we all know he loves Justin, we don't need to hear it. So yeah, from hating them to loving them and wanting them to live happily ever after is a pretty big change. For me anyways.

Then to the negative feedback. I hate the slimy bastards for ruining B/M. The friendship between these two was what I loved the most about this show. What, for me, kept the show together. It hasn't been the same since season 3. To me, the fight scene was as much about B/M as it was about Justin, and that's why it broke my heart.

Also, bring Hunter back already.
Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 02:23 PM
Supreme Fan

finally, someone who disagrees!

Quote:
Yes, Brian was upset but it was completely disrespectful of him to go over to Ben and Michael's house drunk, screaming, and waking the whole house up
well, you said it yourself - he was drunk. and not only drunk, he was miserable because justin left him & lonely. and michael - out of all people - is the ONE person who should know that brian loves justin. he's the one who told justin that he loves him. he's the one who told brian that he knows he loves him. and now, all of a sudden or throughout this entire season, he decided he doesn't like him any more. yes, he's moved on & we're all happy he did. however, leaving behind the person who you once called the love of your life (well, he never said it but that's what he thought he was) - i'm sorry, i find it quite selfish of him.

Quote:
Justin DIDN'T leave because Michael infected him, he left because Brian was unwilling to give Justin anything close to what he wanted
and brian knows that. brian knows that justin left because he couldn't give him what he wants. the reason why brian turns to michael is that michael is the only person who's always been there. who else does he have? when justin is gone? there's michael who's already left, more or less. michael who doesn't seem to give a damn about his friendship any more. michael who he's always loved & the one person who's been there for him all his life. who doesn't wanna have anything to do with him any more. - he's lonely. that's why he goes to michael. not because he really thinks it's michael's fault. to me, what i see in this scene, is a cry for help. that's who brian is. who he's always been.

Quote:
I have to give Cow Lip props for the brilliant writing of the Brian/Justin relationship.
you must be watching a different show. esp in this season, they ruin everything that b/j ever were. a non-conventional couple that loved each other, no matter what. but well, we obviously watch this show for different reasons.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:22 PM
New Fan

Quote:
finally, someone who disagrees!
LOL, well I don't actually write on the boards very often, just when I feel compelled to respond to something.

Quote:
well, you said it yourself - he was drunk. and not only drunk, he was miserable because justin left him & lonely. and michael - out of all people - is the ONE person who should know that brian loves justin. he's the one who told justin that he loves him. he's the one who told brian that he knows he loves him. and now, all of a sudden or throughout this entire season, he decided he doesn't like him any more. yes, he's moved on & we're all happy he did. however, leaving behind the person who you once called the love of your life (well, he never said it but that's what he thought he was) - i'm sorry, i find it quite selfish of him
And Michael still knows that Brian loves Justin. Michael's not denying that here, he's just telling Brian that he never told Justin this even though Justin's always wanted to hear it. I don't think Michael's decided he doesn't like Brian anymore but I do think that he's fed up with Brian's attitude towards marriage. Brian's become even more against it this season than ever before and it particularly affects Michael now that he is married.

Quote:
and brian knows that. brian knows that justin left because he couldn't give him what he wants.
Oh I agree that inside Brian knows that but at the moment he's not thinking in his right mind and he's trying to push the blame for it all onto Michael instead of himself. Brian seems frustrated that people won't accept him for who he is which I can understand but him telling Michael that it's because he infected Justin and put ideas into his head was what turned Justin away is inaccurate and seems to me trying to shift blame onto the wrong person.

Quote:
the reason why brian turns to michael is that michael is the only person who's always been there. who else does he have? when justin is gone? there's michael who's already left, more or less. michael who doesn't seem to give a damn about his friendship any more. michael who he's always loved & the one person who's been there for him all his life. who doesn't wanna have anything to do with him any more. - he's lonely. that's why he goes to michael. not because he really thinks it's michael's fault. to me, what i see in this scene, is a cry for help. that's who brian is. who he's always been.
I don't think that before this Michael didn't give a damn about their friendship. Even though they've been at odds throughout the season, Michael still seems to want Brian to come around and accept his lifestyle. They are both butting heads on this issue and this fight they have is just as much between them as it is about Brian/Justin. But in this particular circumstance I can't see Brian going over to Michael's because he wanted someone to be there for him. He comes in screaming before he even sees Michael. He's angry, defensive, and already insulting the minute Ben opens the door. In fact, Michael goes into the kitchen and grabs a coffee pot which I took to mean he's trying to get something to sober Brian up at least a little but Brian just goes right into the blame game and starts insulting Michael's life.
missed_number is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Well, I couldn’t wait to see this one because everyone is talking about it. So, I went to my friend’s place and made him download it for me. I am now indebted to him for life. It was worth it though

By far the best episode of the season and possibly the last season as well. This is going to be a fairly short post (considering it’s being written by myself) because…Well, I just really don’t know what to say. My emotions are still running high and it’s been several hours since I watched it. That’s how you know it’s a good episode. Here we go.

Ben: I have to mention him because I just have to. This was his best performance to date. He loves Hunter so much it hurts to watch. The part with him saying how everything in the house reminds him of Hunter killed me. I love Ben.

Lindsay: I *knew* her parents were going to set her up. I can see why she wanted to give them a chance, but it wasn’t worth it. And I’m glad that Mel let her stay at the house. I’m just so glad all the past bull**** is over.

Ted: Very predictable. I didn’t want him to like Troy, but I knew he would. Relieved that he finally told him off and I think that Troy was meant to feel sorry for in the end. I don’t buy it. I’m glad he’s gone. I loved the whole Emmett and Brian being his angel/devil

Emmett: Fabulous as always, even if he didn’t do much. He looked very hot at Babylon. And OMG! I was grinning like an idiot when Debbie said he should share his room with Justin. Cause by now you must know that they are my OTP

Brian/Michael: Wow. That has to be their most intense scene together. I don’t think it’s really fair for Brian to blame Michael. He didn’t do anything to Justin. Michael was living his own life and Justin was merely a witness. He can’t help it if that’s what Justin began to want. It’s not Michael’s fault. I’m sure Brian knows this and I blame it all on the hurt on Justin leaving and the fact that he was drunk. It was easy for him to go and blame and Michael. As soon as he found out that’s where Justin was, he was pissed off. He’s essentially lost Michael and now Justin and the two of them are living together. Of course he is going to be angry. The two people he loves most in the world are gone now. Ah, Brian breaks my heart. I just don’t think it was fair to blame Michael. He didn’t force Justin to do anything. And I find it slightly ironic that despite all the other crap that Michael did to Brian and Justin, the one time that he didn’t do anything is when he gets bitched out the worst. Can the B/M drama get any worse? (Gale kicked ass in this scene btw.)

Brian: Finally giving Justin some answers. Although it’s everything we’ve heard before. It’s not who is. It’s not that he can’t it’s that he won’t . And that just causes conflicting feelings because it doesn’t matter how much he loves Justin, he won’t give him what he wants. And then there’s what Justin told his mom, if Brian did - it wouldn’t be love, it would be sacrifice. But, then again is it really wrong to sacrifice something for someone you love? I really don’t know what else to say. He just kills me.

Justin: I still hold no bad feelings towards the guy. Everything he told Brian and his mother is true. He knows that he and Brian can’t give each other what the other wants. And Justin had tried and tried to be as understanding as he can, but there’s a point when there’s nothing else you can do. And it was hard for him to leave. Even if he knows it’s for the better, he still loves Brian. That’s never going to change. And I read some comments somewhere about Justin was acting like it was no big deal when talking with Debbie and Emmett. I don’t see it that way. It was *hard* for him to leave and I think that he began to doubt himself then – at least a little bit. The conversation with Debbie and Emmett was to try and convince himself that he was doing the right thing. Because I think he might feel like he’s abandoning Brian again. Deb and Emmett know this, that’s why neither of them sounded very convinced either. Again, I don’t really know what to say.

Brian/Justin: The scene with Justin leaving. I just can’t even express how I felt. I really tried not to cry, but I did. Was it me or was it a million times worse than the end of s2? Ah, I can’t even talk about it. I have to watch it again.

The Brandon issue: Are they really going to go through with this game? That’s a rhetorical question And was anyone else embarrassed for Brian? When he said that if he won he wanted to “get into” Brandon, I cringed. I can’t help but still hate how much this affects him.

Basically, this is an episode that definitely needs a second viewing. I’m still not going to read anything you guys wrote yet. I need some sleep before I can think of this episode anymore…

p.s. I am organizing a search party for Hunter, all are welcome. That is all.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:56 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Girl
And then there’s what Justin told his mom, if Brian did - it wouldn’t be love, it would be sacrifice. But, then again is it really wrong to sacrifice something for someone you love? I really don’t know what else to say. He just kills me.
well, to love someone means to sacrifice. you always have to sacrifice when you love someone. i thought this remark was incredibly naive of him. basically, you'll have to decided whether the sacrifice you're gonna make is worth the love. but it's not like love or sacrifice.

i'm not gonna comment on anything else because i'd only have to repeat everything i said before, esp the b/m stuff.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:12 PM
Master Fan

I've been watching season 1 again and it's amazing how much the friendship between Michael and Brian has changed. Obviously all the relationships on this show have changed, as they should, but they've f**ked up the things between B/M to the point of no repair. I feel like there's no direction they can go with B/M that would make me happy. Man, I'm so bitter about this it's almost funny.

Quote:
you must be watching a different show. esp in this season, they ruin everything that b/j ever were. a non-conventional couple that loved each other, no matter what. but well, we obviously watch this show for different reasons.
Ya think? I wasn't talking about this season only, though. I was talking about the whole relationship between B/J.
Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:38 AM
Supreme Fan

aw, don't you lose hope just yet. there's still some great stuff to come.