Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2019, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by aśka (View Post)
Brian knew he had control over Ted, that he would not tell anyone and as Ted said, his been through a lot, so he could understand. And they never were so close. For me personally it's sad how it is so much easier to be honest with someone who is stranger, here someone who wasn't the best friend but it made him be easier to confess.

Can you send me a pic of witch you has?
I'll take a pic and post it tomorrow

I absolutly love that pic

an other great scene I love is when they all strip down to their underwear.. Brian not liking Teds boxers

icon by Daggi
Old 08-14-2019, 04:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
Yeah sometimes you can feel less pressured by some friends more than other friends or you know how other friends are going to react and you don't want that reaction. He should have told Justin and Michael too though.
He didn't want to tell Michael knowing how he could react. And Justin because as Michael said - he believed he would leave him and it would make him weaker if he would show that he needs him. If he believed that Justin would be gone then it was easier to say nothing - he didn't want him gone but neither he wanted to feel depended on someone. If he was the one who was helping then it was ok, it was comfort zone but showing he was the one needed support was weakness for Brian. And he was ashamed of this too.
It shows us how he felt about himself, how insecure he was and not believed that someone could love him if he was no longer perfect in his own eyes. It's so sad, his all childhood was screaming at him.

Ted was important to him, but he could shout him down if he needed. He wouldn't leave like Justin and he wouldn't cry on his shoulder like Michael with all drama. He was safest and they were working together, he was a boss and Ted wanted this job, so more reasons to be sure he will be quiet.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:47 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aśka (View Post)
He didn't want to tell Michael knowing how he could react. And Justin because as Michael said - he believed he would leave him and it would make him weaker if he would show that he needs him. If he believed that Justin would be gone then it was easier to say nothing - he didn't want him gone but neither he wanted to feel depended on someone. If he was the one who was helping then it was ok, it was comfort zone but showing he was the one needed support was weakness for Brian. And he was ashamed of this too.
It shows us how he felt about himself, how insecure he was and not believed that someone could love him if he was no longer perfect in his own eyes. It's so sad, his all childhood was screaming at him.

Ted was important to him, but he could shout him down if he needed. He wouldn't leave like Justin and he wouldn't cry on his shoulder like Michael with all drama. He was safest and they were working together, he was a boss and Ted wanted this job, so more reasons to be sure he will be quiet.
Very true Aska - exactly what you just said
Old 08-14-2019, 09:28 PM
Master Fan

OMG Denise...that photo.

That just totally warmed my heart. I needed that after tonight's dreary episode.

Tempted to make that my desktop...

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 08-14-2019, 09:34 PM
Ultimate Fan

Which dreary episode?
Old 08-15-2019, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Which dreary episode?
we watched 1.22 yesterday

icon by Daggi
Old 08-15-2019, 12:27 PM
Master Fan

End of season 1...

Old 08-15-2019, 02:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
OMG Denise...that photo.
I've almost missed the photo If you wouldn't write about it I would not see it.

Love it

Quote:
Very true Aska - exactly what you just said
Thank you!
It's always kind of easy for me to understand people/characters like Brian. He was fuc.ked up, just like me
Old 08-15-2019, 08:38 PM
Master Fan

Brian + Ted = friends forever.

Old 08-16-2019, 03:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Brian + Ted = friends forever.
Now I realize that we could see more of their friendship with more seasons. It's so sad
Old 08-16-2019, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

It was there from the beginning, no matter how they each spoke about each other.

Old 08-16-2019, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Sometimes they were frenemies, too.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 08-16-2019, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

I'm not even really sure why, to this day. Guess they just kind of rubbed each other the wrong way at first.

Old 08-17-2019, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really enjoyed their banter. Especially in 120. And then Emmett: "Like father, like son"

Old 08-17-2019, 07:31 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
It was there from the beginning, no matter how they each spoke about each other.
Yeah they didn't always speak nicely about each other but I do think they were friends the whole time in a weird sort of way
Closed Thread   Post New Thread