Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2018, 07:42 PM
Absolute Fan

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

oh yeah that was sad poor Brian - it was nice of Michael to try and comfort him without carrying on about it too much
fmaldy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 07:49 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

and Michale saw the look in Brians face.. he really looked hurt
Old 02-27-2018, 01:19 AM
Absolute Fan

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

He did look hurt - he tried to be all manly and everything about it but you knew it hurt him
Old 02-28-2018, 03:52 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

he was playing it cool
Old 03-04-2018, 03:34 AM
Absolute Fan

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Yep - he's all about keeping those emotions inside and pushing them down hard - especially his first love
Old 03-04-2018, 09:12 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

It makes you feel worse when you're trying to cover how hurt you are.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
SojournHeart11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
It makes you feel worse when you're trying to cover how hurt you are.
not in BKs world.. showing emotion would make him look week.. that's what he thinks...
Old 03-04-2018, 08:38 PM
Absolute Fan

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

He does think that and it does make it only much worse - which is why he is the damaged soul he is and Justin is one of the people who can see that he is damaged and can see into his psyche more than others Good on Justin

I think Michael can also see it and Brian does turn to him often as well and he is there for him as much as he can be - I don't know if he can see Brian quite as much as Justin can though but there is definitely a reason they are best friends
Old 03-04-2018, 10:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I would say Mickael can't read him so well, cause he doesn't have that neutral look at him. growing up together and seeing how bad Brian was treated, I think that makes it possible for Brian to go to Michael with all his pain from that side.. that is why he went to him crying about his dad and not home to Justin.. Justin just would have asked unwanted questions .. Michael understood without words.. on the other hand, Michael seemed to be blinded by his crush on Brian in some aspects, and he might sometimes be a bit overprotective because of that. and he was so used to Brian not believe in love, that it was hard to see the sudden change.. Justin didn't have all those prejudice
Old 03-05-2018, 04:59 AM
Moderator Manager
MST Manager

I know this may be my Michael negativity, but in light of Michael telling Brian about Justin, it was just too convenient that he was SOOOO considerate of Brian's feelings. Not that he doesn't love him, but not letting Justin tell Brian, made HIM the hero.
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:05 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Michael over-stepped his boundaries I bit there. He should have stayed quiet.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
SojournHeart11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:10 AM
Moderator Manager
MST Manager

Or at least give Justin the opportunity to come clean. Perhaps he could tell Justin that if he doesn't tell Brian, he would.
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

everybody told him to stay out of it.. and talking to Justin first would be the right step.. itmwasn't Michaels place to tell
Old 04-09-2018, 12:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

with a brand new discussion

we were talking about how shows want to press us into some shippings that in our eyes aren't ment to be more then friendship in the Couples-board, and thats what came up, next to a Torchwood couple.. the makers of the show trys to shove the audience in special directions

and we brought it over here thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychically Linked ღ

Same thing with Brian/Michael. Honestly I think on Brian's side it was a case of Michael and Deb, but really Michael, being his security blanket. When he met Justin, he didnt need Michael as much as he used to because Justin gave him everything Michael didnt, but Brian didnt want to let go of Michael because of childhood nostalgia. And I dont think Michael ever let go of his infatuation with Brian because Brian never slept with Michael. I wonder if he had, Michael would've moved on more
In my eyes, Michaels "obsession" with Brian got better when he found Ben.. I think with having a partner himself, he too focused more on their friendship instead of being in love..

but the question what would have happened if .. is a pretty good one. honestly, Michael had two pretty good chances to get What he wanted, if he truly would have.. he didn't jump on them.. maybe he was scared to lose his bff if he did (when Brian wanted to f k him when he was drunk) , or he felt he would be used (when Brian aproached him in RedCarpet later) . If I only would hold on to someone because I want to get a chance to get in bed with him, I would jump on a chance like that. so maybe deep inside he wasn't really looking for that..

on the other side, maybe he would have found out, that sleeping with the legend himself wasn't what he expected, cause I really don't think, that Brian would have fallen in love with him because of that.. maybe Michael experience would have been the same like it was with Ted, when he borrowed Brians life for a day..

any other opinions to that?

Last edited by Giotto; 04-09-2018 at 02:21 PM
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:46 PM
Absolute Fan

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
In my eyes, Michaels "obsession" with Brian got better when he found Ben.. I think with having a partner himself, he too focused more on their friendship instead of being in love..

but the question what would have happened if .. is a pretty good one. honestly, Michael had two pretty good chances to get What he wanted, if he truly would have.. he didn't jump on them.. maybe he was scared to lose his bff if he did (when Brian wanted to f k him when he was drunk) , or he felt he would be used (when Brian aproached him in RedCarpet later) . If I only would hold on to someone because I want to get a chance to get in bed with him, I would jump on a chance like that. so maybe deep inside he wasn't really looking for that..

on the other side, maybe he would have found out, that sleeping with the legend himself wasn't what he expected, cause I really don't think, that Brian would have fallen in love with him because of that.. maybe Michael experience would have been the same like it was with Ted, when he borrowed Brians life for a day..

any other opinions to that?

I think you're right that it got better when he got with Ben - maybe he knew what love was about then and he realised that what he felt for Brian was just friendship and maybe he had just been curious about having sex with Brian because so many people went on about it. Maybe he just grew up a bit as well and realised that Ben was his future and real love and what he had with Brian was just in the past and was just his childhood love? I don't know - you've given me some things to think about
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top