Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2018, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
A lover is different to a best friend and I think throughout the show you see how Brian uses them both for different things and talks to them in different ways and about different things I think You may not agree Just my humble opinion which is not always right and I have changed my mind from listening to others on here and what they say It's a great thing about this forum - so many different ideas and thoughts
I agree with you 100%. I think in real life this happens as well.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:21 PM
Ultimate Fan

I think your lover and best friend can be the same person but also they can be seperate people I think like Brian with Michael and Justin
fmaldy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
I think your lover and best friend can be the same person but also they can be seperate people I think like Brian with Michael and Justin
I would almost say it is a rare occasion that your childhood best friend will get your lover later.. and normally the role of your best friend will be taken over in some points by your lover if you are going to be in a longterm relationship, but that doesn't mean that you bff has to play a less important roll.. it just changes, and that is how it will be no matter what.. I mean when Michael found Ben and they started to live together and being married, you could see that Brian still was important to him, but I would say the importance in his life changed.. he put Ben first, and that was what Brian did with Justin.. till they broke up or maybe if the problem was related to his youth and his parents. and the moment something happend to the lover ( no matter whoms) the first thing they did was calling the best friend for support and help, and both didn't hestate to be there for each other

icon by Daggi
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:10 AM
Extreme Fan

I agree. Although Brian was super jealous when Michael started to move on without him, like Michael was leaving him for someone better. And he got even worse when Justin left him.
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
I agree. Although Brian was super jealous when Michael started to move on without him, like Michael was leaving him for someone better. And he got even worse when Justin left him.
But we know where that fear of loss came from...

icon by Daggi
Old 06-13-2018, 06:01 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
I would almost say it is a rare occasion that your childhood best friend will get your lover later.. and normally the role of your best friend will be taken over in some points by your lover if you are going to be in a longterm relationship, but that doesn't mean that you bff has to play a less important roll.. it just changes, and that is how it will be no matter what.. I mean when Michael found Ben and they started to live together and being married, you could see that Brian still was important to him, but I would say the importance in his life changed.. he put Ben first, and that was what Brian did with Justin.. till they broke up or maybe if the problem was related to his youth and his parents. and the moment something happend to the lover ( no matter whoms) the first thing they did was calling the best friend for support and help, and both didn't hestate to be there for each other
totally agree Daggi

Quote:
I agree with this too but again I don't think this was Brian - he'd had 5 years of changing and growing and it's like he regressed and went backwards to back where he was 5 years before being just a club boy that didn't want to grow up again.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:22 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
But we know where that fear of loss came from...
That's true

Quote:
I agree with this too but again I don't think this was Brian - he'd had 5 years of changing and growing and it's like he regressed and went backwards to back where he was 5 years before being just a club boy that didn't want to grow up again.
Yeah very true. I think that he regressed only because he was afraid. Like despite the changes he mad, there's was still that one part that was holding on. Or maybe he thought he was only good enough to be a club boy.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:39 AM
Ultimate Fan

I just don't get still after all that Brian had seen and heard from Justin and his friends that he didn't get it - they had given him money when he needed it, they had supported him through him losing his job, they supported him through everything, and Justin was even more for him - he loved him, nursed him back to health, what more did Brian need? That was why I was like why are they going backwards?
Old 06-14-2018, 06:47 AM
Extreme Fan

I guess it wasn't so easily fixed? No matter how many times he was told or shown, he needed to come to the realization himself and allow himself to have it and tell himself that he deserved it.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:50 AM
Ultimate Fan

After 4 years you would think something would have sunk in
Old 06-14-2018, 07:03 AM
Extreme Fan

I know right?
Old 06-14-2018, 07:06 AM
Ultimate Fan

That's what annoys me 4 years of this would surely have changed something and he wouldn't just be a dance boy anymore
Old 06-14-2018, 07:20 AM
Extreme Fan

Me too!! Although I maintain that he did change and didn't necessarily regress all the way. He just wasn't an extreme anymore. Or maybe that's what I want to believe.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:28 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Me too!! Although I maintain that he did change and didn't necessarily regress all the way. He just wasn't an extreme anymore. Or maybe that's what I want to believe.
It finished with hm in a club dancing on a podium and back in the club where it all started - the only difference was he wasn't taking a guy to the back room
Old 06-14-2018, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
It finished with hm in a club dancing on a podium and back in the club where it all started - the only difference was he wasn't taking a guy to the back room
yeah, sure it ended there, but Babylon was his, so it was all natural that he was there with his friends and family.. and they all weren't that old that they stopped going out. what me annoyed was that Justin was missing.. he for sure would have done everything to be there too

icon by Daggi
Reply   Post New Thread