Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2018, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

or maybe it is a male thing.. cause I heard not very long ago from different sides that men are very direct with burrying their fights ..

so friends of mine didn't speak with each other for a few years and when they met again on a birthday party, all they said was we should have a drink together,and the other one said one won't be enough, and that's it best buddies again since then.. are really just women so unforgiving?

icon by Daggi
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 08:52 AM
Master Fan

Well, men are definitely conditioned not to share their feelings. So that could play into it, too. But gay men are a bit different. Though Brian's certainly very masculine.

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I wouldn't say so.. I mean the conditioned part.. the person I'm talking about was raised only by women.. believe me, he expresses his feelings pretty good I really think men in general, no matter if gay or not, are just easier this way.. maybe women just think too much and for that need more time to forgive but that also depends on the woman of course

icon by Daggi
Old 12-30-2018, 01:13 PM
Master Fan

Hmm, could be a USA thing. There's definitely all kinds of s about men not showing vulnerability or emotions here.

Old 12-30-2018, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
Hmm, could be a USA thing. There's definitely all kinds of s about men not showing vulnerability or emotions here.
I think its about the way they are raised .. nothing else..

icon by Daggi
Old 01-19-2019, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

just bumping for further conversations

icon by Daggi
Old 01-19-2019, 12:48 PM
Master Fan

Thank you for bumping this. Where IS the search feature on FF? I've looked for it before, but I can never find it.

Anyway! B/M. There are few times in the series I get truly MAD at Brian, but one of them is in episode 2x12, when Brian tries to Mikey in his store.

My heart breaks SO badly for Michael here, and it's interesting that the feelings get more intense and sad upon every rewatch of this episode. The look Hal gives after Brian leaves, I think was acted perfectly. But, gah, just the incredible amount of emotion that must be going through Michael when Brian's making the moves on him, and we even see him kissing him back, HARD, before he pushes him off. Like, he wants it so bad, but never the way Brian offers it to him.

And then Brian saying, "I know your secret identity" as he walks out. Just so... not cool. He's super insensitive to his best friend's feelings here. He could've confronted him in a different way, and maybe given Michael a chance to air out/confess his feelings officially, once and for all, and then Michael may have even been able to move past them. But the way Brian actually goes about this situation just makes it all worse, I think, and perpetuates the feelings even more.

Old 01-19-2019, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here’s a link to our welcome guide. It should make it easier to find things.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I must confess, I still straddle the line, at times, of being a Britin fan and being a B/M shipper. Especially when episode 2.12 rolls around...

Ahh, my heart...
When I’m feeling better, I’ll share my observations and believe me...what I see in that scene and have researched fully is quite different than most.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

Add me please
Old 06-24-2019, 08:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
When I’m feeling better, I’ll share my observations and believe me...what I see in that scene and have researched fully is quite different than most.
Still interested in this.

Though I'm a much bigger B/J fan now, I still can't shake the part of me that just totally melts in B/M scenes. (Or while watching their fanvids. ) Ah well, what are you gonna do?

Old 06-24-2019, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thank you for bumping this. Where IS the search feature on FF? I've looked for it before, but I can never find it.

Anyway! B/M. There are few times in the series I get truly MAD at Brian, but one of them is in episode 2x12, when Brian tries to Mikey in his store.

My heart breaks SO badly for Michael here, and it's interesting that the feelings get more intense and sad upon every rewatch of this episode. The look Hal gives after Brian leaves, I think was acted perfectly. But, gah, just the incredible amount of emotion that must be going through Michael when Brian's making the moves on him, and we even see him kissing him back, HARD, before he pushes him off. Like, he wants it so bad, but never the way Brian offers it to him.

And then Brian saying, "I know your secret identity" as he walks out. Just so... not cool. He's super insensitive to his best friend's feelings here. He could've confronted him in a different way, and maybe given Michael a chance to air out/confess his feelings officially, once and for all, and then Michael may have even been able to move past them. But the way Brian actually goes about this situation just makes it all worse, I think, and perpetuates the feelings even more.
I think this scene was needed somehow, I don't like when people expects you to goes around, pretend not to see things, even when everyone knows how it is. So for me Michael deserved this even when it was painful for him.
I'm not happy or wish him to want someone he could never had, but at least it was really honest what was happened there at the store. And it's not alright to blame Brian and feel sorry for only Michael. It concerned both of them and I'm sure Brian never wanted to hurt his friend, it no ones fault when someone is falling in love in best friend.

Michael crossed the line so many times with Brian that really makes me think how much Brian was important to him? When he only loved Brian he was stuck with him like a glue, but when he was jealous or angry or had someone else then he wasn't so understanding anymore.
So for me it was Michael who was changing sites and a lot he was just blind, picking up what he wanted to think or do without much thought of Brian.
I liked some scenes with them very much, but most of them are hard because I've on my mind all the sh.it that was going on.
aśka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 12:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Chris, you are absolutly right.. Brian could have handled the situation differently.. but talking was never Brians thing.. and he once more was trying to deal with the whole situation in his way.. show Michael the worst case and ask him this way if he really wants it that bad.. .. he was , again, pushing him off the Kinney cliff..

I'm pretty sure Michale was hurt in that moment, but as you said, that wasn't the way Mickey wanted it to be, and I'm sure Brian knew that and that's why he did it that way..

icon by Daggi
Old 06-26-2019, 07:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
Chris, you are absolutly right.. Brian could have handled the situation differently.. but talking was never Brians thing.. and he once more was trying to deal with the whole situation in his way.. show Michael the worst case and ask him this way if he really wants it that bad.. .. he was , again, pushing him off the Kinney cliff..

I'm pretty sure Michale was hurt in that moment, but as you said, that wasn't the way Mickey wanted it to be, and I'm sure Brian knew that and that's why he did it that way..
You're right, I think he exaggerated it just like he did with the birthday party. This just seems like a much more sensitive area, concerning Michael being in love with him/attracted to him, versus their friendship.

What kills me the most is how Michael goes along with it for the first minute. You see him passionately kissing Brian back, so craving him, before he finally gets the guts to push him away... My heart just breaks for him there.

Quote:

Michael crossed the line so many times with Brian that really makes me think how much Brian was important to him? When he only loved Brian he was stuck with him like a glue, but when he was jealous or angry or had someone else then he wasn't so understanding anymore.
So for me it was Michael who was changing sites and a lot he was just blind, picking up what he wanted to think or do without much thought of Brian.
I liked some scenes with them very much, but most of them are hard because I've on my mind all the sh.it that was going on.
I'd have to disagree a little bit. Brian has strung Michael along over the years, and we even get multiple characters who comment on that. So yes, in this situation I have to feel sorry for Michael, though I am a huge Brian fan (and take his side in nearly every other situation ever).

As for the jealousy thing, we could say the same about Brian, honestly. Like how he behaved when he found Michael and Justin literally sleeping together? Not his finest moment. I think Michael really does care about Brian a boatload, but yes he has his flaws and sometimes his personal feelings get in the way. IDK, maybe I just understand him more than a lot of people seem to.

Old 07-21-2019, 04:00 PM
Master Fan

I love this scene, and I don't care who knows it.

And it was so awesome to go to the real Fly 2.0 and see the red lights in the bathrooms.

Reply   Post New Thread