Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 09:35 PM
Master Fan

CreekFreak2525

Really? I juts like em as friends best friends... but I have a nack for B/F getting together

Orton

Old 08-19-2004, 06:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CreekFreak2525
... and I dont really like b/j or ben and michael so Brian and Michael is a must see for me... Well just wanted to say how much I adore the two of them..
Oh I like you SO much. You can come back here and post anytime!

Orton that fic you mentioned, I can only assume that was not written by a B/M fan. I refuse to read any fic that isn't written by a B/M fan, because they just aren't going to have that feel to them. But, I'm a hardcore and admittedly snobbish B/M shipper. lol. I have certain criteria y'see.

What I loathe are fics written by B/M fans (and there's a few) where they particularly write Michael completely out of character and, it seems to me from what they write, that they don't get the B/M dynamic. That's frustrating...I can't tolerate it when someone writes Brian as exceptionally cruel and Michael as naive/innocent or simply just out to have sex with Brian. No thanks.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:58 PM
Loyal Fan

I have to agree with that.

I read this one where it said it was a B/M and it was kinda poorly written but I thought the plot line was going to be good so I kept reading. Brian and Michael end up having sex and then are just sorta done with each other and at the very very end it's B/J and it looked like Michael was going back to Ben...I was sitting there going huh...I struggled through this for this?

Er anyway...ranting cause I'm tired cause works been hell.

Finially, finally found time to watch some of UK QaF and can I just say I'm absolutely in love with it.

Hi CreekFreak2525

Orton I agree with the whole as long as the fanfic is good I'll read it, I'm not too picky either.

Discrimination = Moral Values?
Old 08-19-2004, 07:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MichaelsPatience
Orton that fic you mentioned, I can only assume that was not written by a B/M fan. I refuse to read any fic that isn't written by a B/M fan, because they just aren't going to have that feel to them. But, I'm a hardcore and admittedly snobbish B/M shipper. lol. I have certain criteria y'see.
Yeah I can tell your a snob See that story was going fine you know Justin and Brian good story, and then evil Michael comes into it and I was like What??. I'm a hardcore b/J fan fic reader and writer. But I hate when writers do that make him so out of character, your like

Er anyway...ranting cause I'm tired cause works been hell.

Aww... I feel the same way about school right now

Orton

Old 08-19-2004, 07:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Hola, I haven't posted here in a few weeks.

Quote:
Originally posted by CreekFreak2525
I never posted on this board but tonight i saw a episode I had missed all these years with Brian missing Michael and it just made confirmed my thoughts on if I want them together or not. They are so cute... and I dont really like b/j or ben and michael so Brian and Michael is a must see for me... Well just wanted to say how much I adore the two of them..
Hi CreekFreak2525. I too, think they're adorable together (just take a look at the roof scene in 101!), but unlike you, I love B/J. But I've finally made up my mind that I absolutely love their friendship, but I don't really want Brian and Michael together. I like them both with their respective partners. I hope I don't get chased out of the thread for that!

MichaelsPatience- This is a bit OT because it's relevant to B/J fics, not B/M fics and it probably belongs more in the Michael thread. A lot of the people who do hate Michael write him completely out of character. Okay maybe not completely, but as early season 1 whiny Michael times 100. It's very annoying.
I am beginning to know what it feels like to be a woman. To have people looking at you all the time. And I’m sorry ladies, I had no idea! But people are looking at me all the time. Its like i have musical boobies! ~ John Mayer
Old 08-20-2004, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

See even in season 1 I wouldn't say he was whiny with Brian, I just think clingy for a little being expressed thoroughly here, but I found their realationship normal though

Danielle do you readB/M love stories???

Old 08-24-2004, 01:28 AM
Loyal Fan

School can be hellish.

Yeah B/M love stories! I love those.

Orton I'm glad you down sized your sig...I came on a few days ago and I don't know if it was cause I'd worked and then gone to the club or if it was because I'd had a few beers but your sig was making my head go all funny, but it's pretty now.

Old 08-24-2004, 09:37 PM
Master Fan

I know everybody was like Orton cut it down, but it wasn't my fault my computer kinda crashed so for some reason when I was dowloading some quotes it kinda went onto my profile

Quote:
but it's pretty now.
Well thanks

Quote:
School can be hellish.
Yeah I'm doing Bio Chem and History highers and its very hard

Orton
xxx

Old 08-25-2004, 03:48 AM
Master Fan

dorksrock - there is nothing worse than when someone write a character purposely in the wrong way. I know I could never write Ben or Justin, so I try to ignore them when I actually write fics with plots.

Someone once told me they thought Michael was whiny in 201, when he was telling Ted/Emmett about the breakup w/David. I never saw that as whining...I saw it as his telling 2 of his closest friends that he basically hated himself for failing where everyone wanted him to succeed. How's that whiny? Besides, the whole 'whiny' argument bugs me because *everyone* on this show has had their moments in the spotlight to whine. I think when I think of whining, I imagine someone sitting there and going on and on and on about how terrible something is...and I've never seen Michael do that. jmo. Besides, Michael's "thing" is his lack of self-confidence (or was, I don't see it much these days unless Ben is making him feel bad about himself) so it's only natural that he'd express thoughts like, "I don't know who I am," or "I don't know where I belong." C'mon, I can't be the only person around here who can relate to that!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rivulet027
I was sitting there going huh...I struggled through this for this?
Uh huh, which is why Jbtribute and I created always-fanfic.net. Heh...we weed out the undesiarables.

Quote:
Originally posted by Orton
Yeah I can tell your a snob
But only in a good way, lol. I hope! I'm a nice snob. Usually.

And Orton, I read all kinds of B/M fics. The only fics I refuse to read are any story in which Brian and/or Michael die. I don't do death fics. There's enough angst on this show without me needing to read something that'll tear my heart out. I don't read all H/C fics, depends on the story...sometimes I skim the hurt and get right to the comfort...lol. But ya, I read them all pretty much - and have read nearly every fic written for them - by actual B/M fans, I should say.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MichaelsPatience
Someone once told me they thought Michael was whiny in 201, when he was telling Ted/Emmett about the breakup w/David. I never saw that as whining...I saw it as his telling 2 of his closest friends that he basically hated himself for failing where everyone wanted him to succeed. How's that whiny? Besides, the whole 'whiny' argument bugs me because *everyone* on this show has had their moments in the spotlight to whine. I think when I think of whining, I imagine someone sitting there and going on and on and on about how terrible something is...and I've never seen Michael do that. jmo. Besides, Michael's "thing" is his lack of self-confidence (or was, I don't see it much these days unless Ben is making him feel bad about himself) so it's only natural that he'd express thoughts like, "I don't know who I am," or "I don't know where I belong." C'mon, I can't be the only person around here who can relate to that!!
I didn't see that as whiny either. He was just simply telling his friends that he failed in a relationship. I actually thought it was really sweet to see Michael that vulnerable. I'm not sure if you would exactly call what he said to Brian and Mel and Lindz' party in 301 about Justin whiny, but it was definitely heartless. That's a whole different thing, but anyway, you're right about everyone having their moments, especially Brian now that I think about it.

Unlike the rest of you, I don't think I've ever read a B/M love story.
I am beginning to know what it feels like to be a woman. To have people looking at you all the time. And I’m sorry ladies, I had no idea! But people are looking at me all the time. Its like i have musical boobies! ~ John Mayer
Old 08-25-2004, 08:49 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by dorksrock
I'm not sure if you would exactly call what he said to Brian and Mel and Lindz' party in 301 about Justin whiny, but it was definitely heartless.
i don't think it was heartless. it was michael's way to show his love & support for brian. he knew justin hurt brian so he told him to get lost so he wouldn't hurt brian any longer. of course, it wasn't the smartest thing to do but that's michael. he just does what his heart tells him which gets him in trouble sometimes but i like that about him. i'd never call michael heartless because his heart is what makes him act the way he does. at least in my eyes.
i do think he was whiny in early season 2. he felt sorry for himself & even his own mother thought he was whiny & told him to go on with his life. he definitely had good reasons for feelings this way, yet, he was complaining and pitying himself instead of taking his life in his own hands. however, that is completely human, everyone just drowns in selfpity every once in a while. and michael definitely has come a long, long way since early season 2.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
And Orton, I read all kinds of B/M fics. The only fics I refuse to read are any story in which Brian and/or Michael die. I don't do death fics. There's enough angst on this show without me needing to read something that'll tear my heart out. I don't read all H/C fics, depends on the story...sometimes I skim the hurt and get right to the comfort...lol. But ya, I read them all pretty much - and have read nearly every fic written for them - by actual B/M fans, I should say.
Oh I have to agree with you on the death thing. I mean it shouldn't be allowed. I read this fic where Mikey died and it was written to show how Brian would deal. Granteed Justin didn't really seem to do anything, or was remotely sad that Michael died. However it was effective.That was the first time I read a dead Michael fic.

Yeah in 301 Michael was just looking out for Brian. I know for a fact that if I broke up with my b/f I wouldn't want, to be seeing him walking around with his new beau, that being in your face all the time has to hurt even for the infamous Brian Kinney

Orton
xxx

Old 09-01-2004, 06:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Michael never struck me as whiney. Andrew from BTVS was kinda whiny. Billy from School of Rock whined. Michael? Not really seeing it.

Old 09-01-2004, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

ITA

I mean fine people have their own opinions, I'm not saying that everyone has to like Michael. But is it me or do most fans attack Michael, saying he's whiny or annoying or bugging. I mean I just don't see it... he was clingy for a while in season 1 but everything was changing between him and Brian, and I guess he got scared. I mean who wouldn't. Some people don't take change too likely, but whats wrong with that. I think it was written that way to make the situation real and effective. But I have to say and I think this has been mentioned before "Cowlip" didn't make a good impression of Michael the first time round... or the fact that some people just wanted Justin and Brian all the time, and saw Michael ad the annoying geeky sidekick

However you remember when so many times in season 1 Michael took care of Justin, like taking him to the diner, getting him something to eat asking if he needed a lift. I mean ignoring the saracasm he didn't need to do that. However where was Brian??

I think most fans don't appreciate the difference between Brian and Michael, and how valuable they are to our screens. I may love Brian and Justin, but they aren't the only ones that make the show as a whole.

Wow I ramble... Though this is my POV so please don't take offence

Orton
xxx

Old 09-02-2004, 06:30 AM
Master Fan

Now Andrew from BTVS was whiny! No doubt! I loved him though.

I don't think that "most" fans attack Michael - it all depends on who you hang out with. Generally in this fandom (and think about it, it relates to all fandoms) if you're talking to a lot of B/J fans, you'll see some grumbles about Michael. If you're talking to me and a lot of other B/M fans, you'll see a lot of grumbles about Justin and/or Ben. Same with the other characters, the hardcore Ethan/Justin fans complain about Brian, Ted/Blake fans complain about Emmett...just how it works. In the crowd I hang out with, there's basically nothing but Michael love. But then it's split between those who complain about Brian, and those like me who love Brian. On the fair side, there's definitely a group within the B/M fandom that adore Brian, and although they love Michael, their issues are with him for the most part.

No offense taken at all Orton!

Oh well, hope I made sense..lol..it's late and I'm rushed!