Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2018, 02:16 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I mean.. honestly.. he had enoght money to give them a gift more then the won tickets to Miami.. he could have bought them a trip to Hawaii if it would have been about that.. but in my eyes he was also looking for a perfect excuse not to go there alone and be a part of it without admiting it.. with Linday rejecting it, she took away that possibility for him and he had to leave.. and she must have seen the dissapointment of him, but I guess she missinterpreted it.. I think she didn't see completly through him, like she so often said sh would do
Good points Daggi I think you could be right
fmaldy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Lindsay all but pushed Brian out the door insisting he'd go to that stupid white party on the ship. I call it stupid because it caused Brian not be there to witness the wedding along with Justin.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige

Last edited by SojournHeart11; 07-12-2018 at 10:20 PM
SojournHeart11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

weren't they sweet when they tried to get a kindergartenspot for Gus

icon by Daggi
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I always got the feeling that Lindsay loved Brian almost as much as she loved Melanie, romantically speaking. And they would have made a cute couple in an alternate world!

Nice screen shot, Daggi.

Old 08-01-2018, 12:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
I always got the feeling that Lindsay loved Brian almost as much as she loved Melanie, romantically speaking. And they would have made a cute couple in an alternate world!

Nice screen shot, Daggi.
absolutly no wonder Melanie got jealous

icon by Daggi
Old 08-06-2018, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I think they had quite a bit of chemistry. I can understand why Melanie felt threatened, though she really didn't need to because Lindsay loved her a bit more.

Old 08-06-2018, 01:04 PM
Master Fan

Interesting perspectives! I was conflicted about Linds rejecting Brian's wedding gift. I kind of felt like Brian didn't want to be at the wedding and like he did have fun at the white party, but part of Linds' speech bothered me. (Several of Linds' speeches bother me, but that's another thing... )

I think there was a plot hole with Brian and Linds' past hookup(s). In the first episode, they clearly reference having "taken advantage of A FEW of those opportunities", but then much later in the series, it's suddenly just the ONE time, to which both seem really ashamed and awkward about discussing, and Brian dismisses it quickly as, "Mid-summer madness"?? Why were they so chill and laughing about it in the first episode, but then later on in the series, suddenly it's awkward to discuss? I feel like discussing that kind of thing isn't awkward unless you've (still?) got (romantic) feelings for someone.

I'd love to know why they hooked up at all. Have both characters always know they were gay? Were they experimenting? Did they just drink/drug too much? Were there actually other feelings taken advantage of?

I think the concept of Linds being Brian's beard (cover) for his folks is really interesting. Brian's dad has met her and knows her, so I think this is really possible.

I didn't buy that Brian was happy at Michael and Ben's wedding. I think there's a reaction shot during the wedding when Brian looks totally hurt. Also, he's about to say something to protest, until Debbie stops him. I think he threw that celebration afterwards for his BFF...not because he was honestly happy about it.

I think Linds DEFINITELY has feelings for Brian. I think Brian just loves her as a close friend. But I think it explains a lot of the tension between Mel and him, and I'm sure Brian can sense it and loves it. Just a thought here, but maybe it explains some of Mel's overreacting later on when Linds cheats with Sam? Maybe she's kind of thinking, "I always knew this would happen one day" or something like that.
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 01:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

You are absolutley right.. they were totally relaxed to talk about it after gus' birth, but later it was kind of strange, but maybe it was because of the circumstances. For one they both, even if Brian didn't want to be a dad on the outside, they both kind of were in a baby high and saw their past in really good way at that moment and the second occation I remember talking about their past was when Linds came to confess her slip with Sam? am I right here? It was a very uncomfortable situation for her, so maybe since Mel already accused her not to be a lesbian, she didn't think about it as funny as it seemed to be back then and that made it a bit uncomfortable about it back then too,..

what I'm pretty sure is, that Brian sure knew he was gay back in collage, but same as Justin he probably was doing Linds a favour and helped her experimenting a bit around. and I'm quite sure when alcohol and drugs were involved, both went over their limits and borders just being horny so that would explain the "taking advantage a few times"

Looking at Lindsay.. I'm pretty sure she was a closeted bi in kind of a way.. she for sure had more feelings for Brian then she would admit and decided for herself that girls are the better thing for her, but the slip with Sam made her desiere from time to time pretty obvious. And I'm sure Mel knew it deep down.. maybe had witnessed the one or other experiment between Brian and Linds, which would make sense why she felt so threatened by him

I'm taking the Michael/ Ben wedding discussion over to the season 4 thread

icon by Daggi
Old 08-07-2018, 05:03 PM
Master Fan

Hmmmm, that's a good point about them discussing different things for each conversation. I don't remember the context of what they're talking about the second time, just that they're walking through the park. I just rewatched the first episode last night, though, and I have to say I feel like Brian put more into that first kiss we see with him and Linds than looked like friendship... Buuuut maybe you're right that it was a "baby high".

I think Brian's known he was gay at least since high school, since he and Michael had that -incident- with the Patrick Swayze magazine. (Side note: holy crap, just rewatched that again too and wow is that scene HOT. ) Interesting theory about him helping Linds to experiment. And I can totally see a drunk/high Brian agreeing to "take advantage" of an equally drunk/high Linds as a horny college-kid.

I'd agree that Linds is at least somewhat bi. She was really into that sex with Sam. She's attracted to him from early on, too. And totally attracted to Brian. It used to bother me a bit that QAF never touched on bi-sexuality, and even one comment that Brian makes, "It's OK to like ****...and it's ok to like p***y...just not at the same time." That seemed a little anti-bi to me, which wasn't cool. I think Hal Sparks addressed this topic well on his YouTube channel, that conquering bi-sexuality on TV would've been "the next step", and QAF was just focusing on homosexuality. I agree that Mel sensed this in Linds, too. If not that, then definitely the attraction from her to Brian.

...there's still a plot hole on whether Brian/Linds slept together more than once.

And OK, I'll have to check that thread out at some point!
Old 08-09-2018, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Yeah, me too. I definitely believe he met Lindsay during a time, after high school, when he was experimenting and finding out more about himself and sexuality.

Old 08-09-2018, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I guess that is the right time to do it, although I'm pretty sure Brian was sure about himslef, bt Lindsay was the one who experimented

icon by Daggi
Old 08-09-2018, 02:03 PM
Master Fan

Agreed. I think Brian's known pretty much forever. Linds was the experimenter.

...and she'd like to keep "experimenting"...if she could.

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 09-02-2018, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

True, Lindsay is the one who's always struggled with that.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:15 PM
Master Fan

The episode where they're trying to get Gus into a school, and Brian goes with Linds and pretends to be her husband - she says, "Of course there was a time when we first met, that I thought one day this might be the reality. Did you ever think that?" And Brian straight up goes, "No."

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 09-03-2018, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
The episode where they're trying to get Gus into a school, and Brian goes with Linds and pretends to be her husband - she says, "Of course there was a time when we first met, that I thought one day this might be the reality. Did you ever think that?" And Brian straight up goes, "No."
he knew for sure for what team he played.. Lindsay obviously never was completly sure

icon by Daggi
Reply   Post New Thread