Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2018, 07:01 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Another thing I didn't understand is, if he could delay his flights to accommodate Mel and Lindsay, why couldn't he and Justin just take a later flight? Either way, they would have to pay the change fees. That kind of stuff baffles me.
Yeah I agree with this too - just part of the story I guess
fmaldy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:08 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Same. The flights are already changed? So did he just leave and go home and go on the later flight himself? Plot hole FTW.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis (View Post)
Same. The flights are already changed? So did he just leave and go home and go on the later flight himself? Plot hole FTW.
I don't know. the longer I think of it, the less sense it makes.. maybe he left, because Linds made it so clear thatvhe wasn't wanted there?

icon by Daggi
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:11 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

That's just terribly sad.

Especially with him helping zip up her dress and everything.

I just want fic of Brian in the back corner, watching. Never telling anyone he was there, but watching and smiling and being happy.
Old 06-24-2018, 01:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, I really never understood that either. He was doing something nice, giving away his trip and wanting to stay for the wedding and yet she tells him to leave. That probably just makes him feel worse about no one really wanting him. And also yeah, Justin could have totally gone later.
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 09:11 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

It just goes to show, not even Michael and Lindsay really grasp all that makes Brian, Brian Kinney. only Debbie sees through him
Old 06-25-2018, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
It just goes to show, not even Michael and Lindsay really grasp all that makes Brian, Brian Kinney. only Debbie sees through him
I don't know why Lindsay says she wants him to be happy and in every opportunity to see him taht way, she does something not to be..

so an other example.. why didn't she tell Brian about her plan to marry Guilome? was that his name? I mean he was affected directly with it, because of Gus, and we learn pretty soon that the guy wanted to stop Brian seeing his son

icon by Daggi
Old 06-25-2018, 08:19 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
I don't know why Lindsay says she wants him to be happy and in every opportunity to see him taht way, she does something not to be..

so an other example.. why didn't she tell Brian about her plan to marry Guilome? was that his name? I mean he was affected directly with it, because of Gus, and we learn pretty soon that the guy wanted to stop Brian seeing his son
Even though I really liked Brian and Lindsay's relationship, how they always turned to each other, sometimes her intentions or whatever were in the wrong place and she didn't realize what she was doing.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:17 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
she didn't realize what she was doing.
Definitely agree there. I wish we had more from their college days. Do we know how they became friends? Did they discuss their sexualities only after they had sex that one time? Why did Lindsay insist on asking Brian to be baby daddy, despite how hostile Mel and Brian were at the beginning?

I feel like this is a trap that everyonr gets into with Brian. Believe hia soupuss attitude, but has no about it to believe him when he's nice. And that's a good chunk of Brian's fault, it's worse with Lindsay and Mikey because they're his best friends.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Definitely agree there. I wish we had more from their college days. Do we know how they became friends? Did they discuss their sexualities only after they had sex that one time? Why did Lindsay insist on asking Brian to be baby daddy, despite how hostile Mel and Brian were at the beginning?

I feel like this is a trap that everyonr gets into with Brian. Believe hia soupuss attitude, but has no about it to believe him when he's nice. And that's a good chunk of Brian's fault, it's worse with Lindsay and Mikey because they're his best friends.
Yes, I agree. And I would love to know more of their back story as well. It's a shame they didn't go more in depth into that.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:57 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Yeah, I really never understood that either. He was doing something nice, giving away his trip and wanting to stay for the wedding and yet she tells him to leave. That probably just makes him feel worse about no one really wanting him. And also yeah, Justin could have totally gone later.
Quote:

I know - why does she not let him grow and change? Why does she not let him become the person he wants to be? She is always saying but that's not Brian - well maybe this is Brian but you keep telling him it's not and you won't let him be different!
Old 06-26-2018, 07:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

I love to read the different ways we interpret the scenes! I saw it like Brian offering the tickets to Lindsay bc he really loved her and he was putting her before what he wanted. I don't believe he really wanted to sit through the wedding (did he want to see her and wish her the best before it, yes!). His face when J said he wanted to attend said it all to me. When J said he wanted to go, B said "for Mel and Linds?" as if that would be the only reason for him to go. Linds loved him enough to know that if he went, he'd only be doing it for her and would rather be at the white party.
Dlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:56 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Linds loved him enough to know that if he went, he'd only be doing it for her and would rather be at the white party.
So I don't get why she wouldn't let him do that still. Why tell him no and reject his gift? Why not let him do something for her and let him be there for her? I don't know - I just see it as she doesn't give him that chance to keep growing and changing

It is interesting on here how many points of view and discussions we can have It is what makes it interesting and I know I have changed my mind on things or seen things differently since I have been on here discussing things
Old 06-26-2018, 10:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

[QUOTE=fmaldy24;94332311]So I don't get why she wouldn't let him do that still. Why tell him no and reject his gift? Why not let him do something for her and let him be there for her? I don't know - I just see it as she doesn't give him that chance to keep growing and changing

I think she in turn loved him enough to let him out of going. She realized he would be doing something he really in his heart didn’t want to do (even though he would have). When she says “I love you too” after he leaves, she is acknowledging that his offer was out of love but was putting her needs above his. You know how she repeats to him “no apologies, no regrets” in season 5. She is giving him permission to be his true authentic self which at that time meant he didn’t care about going to weddings. Just a point of view but I love listening to others too bc I also have seen a few things differently both with age and with hearing others’ views. It’s funny that I am the same age as the characters meaning that I was 29 turning 30 when qaf first aired so I see some things in a different light now that i’m older. Another reason that I’d love to see a reunion to tie things up and see how they’ve changed now that we are all 48 or so.
Dlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:

So I know from them talking, that they probably didn't just have sex for one time,

Wasn'T Brian saying sometime " and we took advantage of opportunities"? so that would be more then once, and he said he would have slept with her to get Gus.. well I would say that probably it would have taken more then one try for that but who knows.. so they sure had a background with trying each other out in Collage.. but sadly we don't get to know more.. since Jack knew her from the time back then, I would say Brian must have brought her home one or two times or took her to meet his parents in any kind of official thing.. so I also guess he "used" her to cover his sexuality in front of his parents..

if it is true and Brian really didn't want to attend the wedding, then we already see a mayor change when Michael married Ben, cause even being Michales best man, he seemed to enjoy both, the wedding, and the celebration he made for them afterwards. Just looking at him laugh and dance.. it was out of joy and not an obligation... so I still believe he was holding up his facade not to show any disappointment in not being there .. and for the gift? I mean.. honestly.. he had enoght money to give them a gift more then the won tickets to Miami.. he could have bought them a trip to Hawaii if it would have been about that.. but in my eyes he was also looking for a perfect excuse not to go there alone and be a part of it without admiting it.. with Linday rejecting it, she took away that possibility for him and he had to leave.. and she must have seen the dissapointment of him, but I guess she missinterpreted it.. I think she didn't see completly through him, like she so often said sh would do

icon by Daggi
Reply   Post New Thread