Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

Oh same here. I was so freaking tired of all these TV couples that spent ages proving how perfect they should be together before actually getting together that it was a relief to see a couple for once built on instant sexual relationship, evolving into something more. What the "regular" TV couples mostly did, was tainting for me the word "soulmate" and dragging the inevitable sexual aspect of a relationship. Obviously I adore some of them and they're my OTPs as well but B/J were always unique with the way they started.
That being said I'm not trying to say that every couple should've started this way, it all depends on circumstances but the least that can be said about B/J is that they began in an unusual for the TV way. They're like the opposite of the typical couple you witness on TV shows
Old 08-20-2007, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

they sure are and I love them for that uniqueness they brought.
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 08-20-2007, 02:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikaterini (View Post)
Oh, the Jambalaya scene! I love Gale's accent there!
I just re-watched the Jambalaya scene. When is he speaking with an accent? I'm apparently not able to hear it

Icon by Carmen
Who says love is an easy ride - General Motors?
Old 08-20-2007, 02:40 PM
Elite Fan

When he mentions eating a certain part of his body
Old 08-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh Silly me, I always thought he was just growling it Thanks for clearing this up

Icon by Carmen
Who says love is an easy ride - General Motors?
Old 08-20-2007, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

well he was half growling it out and half using the accent
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 08-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DresdenDoll~ (View Post)
Oh same here. I was so freaking tired of all these TV couples that spent ages proving how perfect they should be together before actually getting together that it was a relief to see a couple for once built on instant sexual relationship, evolving into something more. What the "regular" TV couples mostly did, was tainting for me the word "soulmate" and dragging the inevitable sexual aspect of a relationship. Obviously I adore some of them and they're my OTPs as well but B/J were always unique with the way they started.
That being said I'm not trying to say that every couple should've started this way, it all depends on circumstances but the least that can be said about B/J is that they began in an unusual for the TV way. They're like the opposite of the typical couple you witness on TV shows

I agree with this completely. It seems to me that most shows fall short when there is so much focus on the sexual tension that when the couple enters the sexual relationship, the writers have no place to go. Usually, then, they resort to cheap break-ups to add some drama. I appreciated the fact that the sexual tension wasn't dragged out with Brian and Justin, either in the very beginning of the show and when they got back together after Ethan.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

It's probably because for most of regular TV couples the sexual aspect of their relationships is usually avoided. Unfortunately sex is still badly approached on TV, even if it's straight sex. B/J were different right from the start not only because it was the first time we had sexually active gay characters on TV, but also because their relationship started as something purely physical. Obviously that would never be the case if the show wasn't on cable.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thank goodness for cable
Icon by Zonikita
Old 08-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

See what happens when I drink Coke?

Old 08-21-2007, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love it
Icon by Zonikita
Old 08-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

It's a perfect likeness! Look at the way Brian's staring at Justin!
Old 08-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Elite Fan

Just to make sure you don't think I actually draw it lol - I made it with that free South Park program you can find on the net I couldn't find better hair for Brian though...
Old 08-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

oh haha
Icon by Zonikita
Old 08-22-2007, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

I think I'm gonna make a little B/J story told by smileys thingy I've got so many of those and it'd be a real shame to waste them right?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread