Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 10:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmstarr
Krista Sounds like you have good reason for disliking Matt Good. I completely agree with your assessment of people like that. Ros was the beginning of my tv show song obsessions and then they had to change them all on the DVD. *is still bitter* When I got the s1 DVD, I could tell you just about EVERY time a song was changed. *sighs*
Yes. Me too. Roswell was my first ever obsession...and I knew all the songs that had been changed. It's just irritating because that's all I think about when watching a scene where the music has been changed. I think it would be worse with QaF because this obsession is much worse than Roswell!
Old 02-08-2005, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

alyssa, i think they did play chiquitita by Abba first and then towards the end til the credits they played free already. at least, that's what i remember. feel free to correct me since you guys have watched it more than me.

cathy, i michael buble. i was bummed i didn't get to watch his concert here in manila when he went on tour. tickets were expensive

melissa, i just heard a commercial on the radio earlier also about michael's new cd. my dad was driving me to work. he heard the songs and he told me to buy the cd. save the last dance for me is haunting me also since i listened to it over and over on the wedding date web site.

Old 02-08-2005, 09:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Speaking of 'Save the Last Dance'...(Which I love love love)

I always complain when I'm in the car with my dad to change the radio station because all he listen's to is oldies. (some of them I do like, but most just make me want to smash my head in...) It's a constant battle for the radio.

So, I go on summer vacation this past summer and I made a mix CD and I put STLD on it. (where we went has like no radio stations...so I listened to it a lot.) Then I'm in the cabin with my cousins and sister and we were playing poker when my dad comes in and that song is on. He just looked and me and was like: "I thought you didn't like oldies. This song's older than me."

I'm no longer allowed to complain about his music anymore!
Old 02-08-2005, 11:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Krista: I think it's the music that's a major factor in me not watching my s1 dvds, it's just not the same. It's kind of a waste to have them considering I've watched maybe less than 3 episodes in the year that I've had it. They changed songs in key scenes too i.e. the heat wave kiss. But enough about Roswell, this is a QAF thread.

My friend didn't end up having the Frou Frou album but I'm listening to "Must be dreaming" right now so yay!

STLD is such a great song and especially significant for us B/J/QAF fans. I remember my mom was watching a movie a few weeks ago and that song came on during the movie. I was in the kitchen and started being a total fangirl and started singing and dancing around the kitchen to it.

Melissa: Those original songs they left were probably in the pilot ep and the s1 finale. *mourns along with you* Unless you're a new fan, the change of music definitely irks you.

As for Michael Buble, I think we seen the same commercial. It was really weird hearing it sung that way but he doesn't have a bad voice! But like you guys said, nothing beats the original.

[b]Teena[b/]: You're right, they played "Chiquitita" and "Free" in that order. The ending to that episode was great.

Just because I had this scene in my head all day, including the cha-cha, not that that's a bad thing! They're so pretty together!

I am beginning to know what it feels like to be a woman. To have people looking at you all the time. And I’m sorry ladies, I had no idea! But people are looking at me all the time. Its like i have musical boobies! ~ John Mayer
Old 02-09-2005, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

krista, that's a cute story when i was younger, i used to complain also when my dad would listen to old songs by sinatra, nat king cole, elvis presley, matt monro, etc. now that i'm older i them. my dad & i heard the michael buble commercial again for his new cd and he told me again to remember to buy it.

alyssa, i just that b/j pic you posted. they look so into each other like they're the only ones dancing and they're in their own private world

Old 02-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Krista haha. Does he know why you like STLD so much? Sounds like a conversation that I would have with my dad. *shakes head* Parents... You like ONE song and they take away your rights to complain.

Teena Awesome. Of all the songs that could possibly haunt us, I think STLD is one of the best ones we could pick. I think people like Sinatra, Presley, etc. are people that you can't fully appreciate until you're older. I used to complain about them when I was younger too but now I've learned the error of my ways. With sinatra especially... love him!

Alyssa Yeah, Michael Buble's version is definitely different. Thanks for posting that LOVELY picture. I adore the Cha Cha scene, and that pic is just adorable.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmstarr
Krista haha. Does he know why you like STLD so much? Sounds like a conversation that I would have with my dad. *shakes head* Parents... You like ONE song and they take away your rights to complain.
I know! Sometimes parents are just evil! Well, he knows now what it's from. My sister and I were telling him about the prom and the bashing and he's like: "Are you going to cry?" (we were a little teary eyed). It was funny too though because my cousin Justin (his name just made it more funny) had started to sing the song in the summer. He doesn't know what it's from...He's a little too young But, he really liked it and we were all like "If only he knew..."

teena1013: I guess it's something all kids have to deal with. My own kids will end up hating the music that I love...Ah, all the QaF songs they'll beg me to turn off! The only thing I really like that my dad likes are The Beatles. Which is good because he is like obsessed with them!

Alyssa: Thanks for the pic! I don't know 'Must be Dreaming' yet, but YAY for Frou Frou
All our parents must think we're nuts! But, that's okay because it's worth it!
*I don't watch my Roswell DVDs that much for the same reason*
Old 02-09-2005, 06:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Teena: It really is a beautiful scene. They just look so in love.

Melissa: Your welcome. I just have one complaint, the reunification scene was much too short!

Krista: I think this is becoming the B/J/Frou Frou thread. It definitely is worth it! It's STLD, enough said!
I am beginning to know what it feels like to be a woman. To have people looking at you all the time. And I’m sorry ladies, I had no idea! But people are looking at me all the time. Its like i have musical boobies! ~ John Mayer
Old 02-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorksrock
Krista: I think this is becoming the B/J/Frou Frou thread. It definitely is worth it! It's STLD, enough said!
Do you think we're gonna get in trouble? I blame Cathy...she got me hooked!

Yes. STLD!!!!
Old 02-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Ultimate Fan

Teena: Aww, that's too bad that you didn't get to see him in concert. Maybe next time He's making his way up so there will definitely be more chances.

Alyssa: Squee! The Cha Cha scene is always nice to see. I alwyas love the way Brian places his hands behind Justin's neck. It's so personal and loving. BTW, whee! for the Frou Frou love.

Krista: Aww, that's a cute story. Oh yeah, the Beatles rock. Have you seen A Hard Day's Night?

Vincent Augusto Spiederman Jennifer Margaret Williamson
Old 02-09-2005, 09:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleschick
Krista: Aww, that's a cute story. Oh yeah, the Beatles rock. Have you seen A Hard Day's Night?
I'm ashamed to say that I haven't seen it. He's always bugging me to though!
Old 02-09-2005, 09:57 PM
Ultimate Fan

Krista: You haven't? Oh, you must see it! It' a great movie. Very entertaining. They showed it here at the old cinemas and I fell in love with it again.

Vincent Augusto Spiederman Jennifer Margaret Williamson
Old 02-09-2005, 11:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Krista: Well Frou Frou is sort of relevant to QAF considering "Hear me out" played during a QAF scene.

The abbreviation STLD is quite catchy.

Cathy: I couldn't agree more with what you said. I think it's one of the best B/J scenes in s3. I only wish we had one in s4 but maybe there's hope for it in s5. Yay for Frou Frou love! I'm really starting to like them the more I hear of them.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:49 AM
Master Fan

Yah know I feel sad, I have no idea about all these songs

Quote:
Orton Nope, we would never condone illegal behavior that takes away money from those who are already way richer than the majority of the population
[coughs]yeah right[coughs again] Of course your right

Old 02-10-2005, 07:16 AM
Elite Fan

Gorgeous picture Alyssa...love it!!!