Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 07:04 AM
Extreme Fan

ha ! I feel more confortable now that I know that many people think the same about season 4. I suppose that's the reason why the baord is a little bit more quiet. I remember last year, after season 3, everybody was so happy about the season, and dreaming about next one. We were posting and posting...
I dunno what happen exactly but I think that one of the major error was "breaking Brian" : testicle cancer ! How can we fantasise about that ???? They should't have done that to Brian.

And this pathetic bicycle race
Plus, they all acted like old married couple, with old married problems, they all trapped in their boring square... I was kinda bored too in the 4 or 5 las ep too

I missed the good old days
Old 10-13-2004, 03:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Andalusia
and season 5 seems so far away like it would never come...
As far as hiatus' go it seems to be moving pretty quickly, imo. Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Quote:
Originally posted by kyleschick
Yeah, S4 is definitely my least favourite season. It's just.. I dunno, it felt different. I guess it has to do with the whole "coming of age" thing.
My guess is that it was because all the characters got a good amount of screen time, therefore taking away screen time from Brian/Justin/Michael. The characters we're used to watching the most. I hope CowLip takes a step back from that. Not too much because that sucks for the actors, but enough to where I don't feel like I'm having all these characters that don't interest me that much shoved down my throat.

Quote:
ha ! I feel more confortable now that I know that many people think the same about season 4. I suppose that's the reason why the baord is a little bit more quiet. I remember last year, after season 3, everybody was so happy about the season, and dreaming about next one. We were posting and posting...
Yeah. The board and it's posters has changed a lot since season 3. I'm happy because there's new posters and all, but a lot of the old posters aren't really around anymore.

Quote:
I dunno what happen exactly but I think that one of the major error was "breaking Brian" : testicle cancer ! How can we fantasise about that ???? They should't have done that to Brian.
I understand where you're coming from with that, however I can't fully agree. Simply because I loved seeing this very human side of Brian. Not to mention the fact that Gale must have had a field day with those scenes. Dramatic scenes are what challenge you as an actor, and we all know that man loves being challenged.

Quote:
I was kinda bored too in the 4 or 5 las ep too
I was too, sad to say. I mean, yesterday was the first time I really sat down to rewatch a s4 ep, and during most of it all I was doing was fast-forwarding. Most of the plots dealing with the other characters are simply a bore. And a waste of my QAF time.
"The most important thing to me is that I have had people come up to me and say the show made me feel different about what they could be, about what they could do, about how they respond to problems, about being a female leader." - Joss Whedon
Old 10-13-2004, 06:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SassySarah
Or maybe I'm just crazy.
Maybe?

Quote:

As far as hiatus' go it seems to be moving pretty quickly, imo.
But I agree.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I loved seeing this very human side of Brian
Yeah I would like to see that too

Alyssa - Yeah I can't wait to see the coupley scenes with Brian and Justin I like to see them a little doemstic at times

Quote:
when I miss the feeling of season one
You know I think it would be boring if they kept on replaying the same thing over and over again. I can fully understand why cowlip decided that a change had to take place the boys are no longer boys heck there weren't to begin with. Season one was all sex but I would be more disappointed if 3 years later it was still the same. I don't know each season for me has been different on so many levels not just for Brian and Justin but for all the characters...I just see the series mounting up than falling back down and starting from sqaure one. That to me wouldn't have realistic.

Old 10-13-2004, 09:35 PM
Extreme Fan

I agree with you, guys, about the need and the pleasure in seeing a more human Brian. But was a testicle cancer the only way to make him human ??? I'm not convinced with the writters choice. They hurt him bad in his "manhood" (argh : is that the correct english word ??).
I would have love more romantic drama and less breaking Brian...
Old 10-13-2004, 10:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Orton: You're going to love a B/J scene in either 406 or 407 that is very domestic, something that Justin wanted Brian to do in S2. I was so It was too adorable. Oh and in the next post to Andalusia, I hope I don't mention anything you don't already know that's relevant to the Brian-cancer storyline.

Andalusia: Even though I wanted Brian to be romantic, I really did like the Brian/cancer storyline. I think the breaking of Brian is what was needed in order to create a more romantic Brian in the future. I know if CowLip wanted to, they probably could have chosen a different storyline to make Brian appear human. However, this hurt him exactly where it counts, near the organ he uses/used the most. I thought it was a perfect storyline. It showed that he wasn't as invincible as he thought he was. Also, his insecurities about the stability of relationship with Justin was perfect too. He showed that he cared when some may have doubted how serious he was about their relationship because he was still out in the backroom occasionally. He didn't want to be unable to care for himself and he sure didn't want Justin to see that, which goes along with both his ego and his insecurities.
I am beginning to know what it feels like to be a woman. To have people looking at you all the time. And I’m sorry ladies, I had no idea! But people are looking at me all the time. Its like i have musical boobies! ~ John Mayer
Old 10-14-2004, 01:41 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I understand where you're coming from with that, however I can't fully agree. Simply because I loved seeing this very human side of Brian. Not to mention the fact that Gale must have had a field day with those scenes. Dramatic scenes are what challenge you as an actor, and we all know that man loves being challenged.
ITA. I mean Brian needed something to make him... less perfect? He has all these people in his life who would do anything for him even thought he treats them like dirt many times, a great job, he's a successful guy, he gets any guy he wants, etc. I think having cancer was a way to bring him down a notch, make him appreciate and realize his surroundings. I hope that makes sense.

Quote:
Yeah I can't wait to see the coupley scenes with Brian and Justin I like to see them a little doemstic at times
Those scens always make me smile.

Luv, Cathy

Vincent Augusto Spiederman Jennifer Margaret Williamson
Old 10-14-2004, 04:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Cathy: Your post made total sense and I completely agree with you as well.

Quote:
Those scens always make me smile.
There's something so romantic about Brian and Justin acting domestic like. It's just makes you wanna post the icon over and over again.

However, ECT's "Junky Odyssey" which just came on my winamp player makes me wanna post the considering the lovely scene it was featured in.
I am beginning to know what it feels like to be a woman. To have people looking at you all the time. And I’m sorry ladies, I had no idea! But people are looking at me all the time. Its like i have musical boobies! ~ John Mayer
Old 10-14-2004, 03:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Vintage
Maybe?

Quote:
But was a testicle cancer the only way to make him human ??? I'm not convinced with the writters choice. They hurt him bad in his "manhood"
Well, it makes sense, imo. What's worse than hitting Brian right where he lives? In his balls. I think either way CowLip was gonna give Brian a disease. They just thought that testicular cancer was like the icing on the cake. Just to make the emotional/mental pain a little sweeter for Brian.

Quote:
I think having cancer was a way to bring him down a notch, make him appreciate and realize his surroundings. I hope that makes sense.
I agree. And it's seriously helped the B/J relationship. Brian finally realizes that he can trust Justin with feelings, and that Justin will still be there for him in all his imperfections.
"The most important thing to me is that I have had people come up to me and say the show made me feel different about what they could be, about what they could do, about how they respond to problems, about being a female leader." - Joss Whedon
Old 10-14-2004, 05:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by dorksrock
Orton: You're going to love a B/J scene in either 406 or 407 that is very domestic, something that Justin wanted Brian to do in S2. I was so It was too adorable. Oh and in the next post to Andalusia, I hope I don't mention anything you don't already know that's relevant to the Brian-cancer storyline.

Andalusia: Even though I wanted Brian to be romantic, I really did like the Brian/cancer storyline. I think the breaking of Brian is what was needed in order to create a more romantic Brian in the future. I know if CowLip wanted to, they probably could have chosen a different storyline to make Brian appear human. However, this hurt him exactly where it counts, near the organ he uses/used the most. I thought it was a perfect storyline. It showed that he wasn't as invincible as he thought he was. Also, his insecurities about the stability of relationship with Justin was perfect too. He showed that he cared when some may have doubted how serious he was about their relationship because he was still out in the backroom occasionally. He didn't want to be unable to care for himself and he sure didn't want Justin to see that, which goes along with both his ego and his insecurities.
Well said Alyssa at first I did roll my eyes at Brian getting cancer especially where it was situated. But watching the other seasons I realised that there was a point in it and as you said his dick is his prided posession so it was a punch in the gut for Brian. But its to make him realise that Justin doesn't care about that and loves him either way

orton

Old 10-14-2004, 07:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
What's worse than hitting Brian right where he lives? In his balls.
::sighs:: So true.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Orton
But watching the other seasons I realised that there was a point in it and as you said his dick is his prided posession so it was a punch in the gut for Brian.
Yeah. I don't think any other sickness would make such an impact on him.

Luv, Cathy

Old 10-15-2004, 03:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I agree. And it's seriously helped the B/J relationship. Brian finally realizes that he can trust Justin with feelings, and that Justin will still be there for him in all his imperfections.
Exactly! Another reason why I appreciated Brian's illness was because of that adorable scene with him and Justin when he was undressing him.

Thanks Orton
Old 10-15-2004, 03:30 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by dorksrock
Exactly! Another reason why I appreciated Brian's illness was because of that adorable scene with him and Justin when he was undressing him.
That is probably my fave scene in S4. So beautiful and Justin was just so sad. That scene always makes me want to cry.

Luv, Cathy

Old 10-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah. I don't think any other sickness would make such an impact on him.

Luv, Cathy
True

Quote:
So beautiful and Justin was just so sad
I know this may sound stupid but why was Justin sad??

Orton

Closed Thread   Post New Thread