Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 11:02 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I don't like that Brian got physical with Justin in a non-sexual way. I think that's maybe why I'm not a big fan of the B/J scenes in this ep.
"The most important thing to me is that I have had people come up to me and say the show made me feel different about what they could be, about what they could do, about how they respond to problems, about being a female leader." - Joss Whedon
Old 06-13-2004, 11:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SassySarah
Yeah, I don't like that Brian got physical with Justin in a non-sexual way. I think that's maybe why I'm not a big fan of the B/J scenes in this ep.
Yeah, the only thing that I like about it is Justin got to stay. I'm glad Justin had a chance to say what he needed to, and I'm glad for the most part Brian listened. But other then that...some of the lines seemed...I dunno, I don't have the right words. It was just an 'Ok' scene when I really think about it.

When Brian said "Listen here you little *****". I smiled, I don't know why I thought that was cute, I know it was supposed to piss Justin off, or...it was supposed to do something. The only thing it did for me was bring back old memories of season 1 for me...I dunno why.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:13 PM
Master Fan

Oh, you hit the nail for me. I just realized why the scenes bug me so much. And it's weird that I didn't know already considering it's pretty obvious. But anyways, it's because I hate Justin mistreatment. Even by Brian. S1 is completely different because back then Justin was either a trick, or on the border between trick and friend/lover. But now they're in a mature relationship, and are even donning the term "partners". So, no love there.
"The most important thing to me is that I have had people come up to me and say the show made me feel different about what they could be, about what they could do, about how they respond to problems, about being a female leader." - Joss Whedon
Old 06-13-2004, 11:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Oh, you hit the nail for me.
Glad I could help.

And I get what you're saying. I agree. It sucks the way they treat him sometimes.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:26 PM
Passionate Fan

I really loved the ending scene. Randy's acting was great.

As for the violence aspect, I can understand it. Brian's feeling so inadequate and weak for getting sick, that he needs to feel like he has some power over something, anything in his life. He's always been quite a bit bigger than Justin, so maybe this is his way of ensuring that he's making something happen. I don't know.

Anyway, still hard to watch Brian being so forcefully angry with Justin. We haven't ever really seen him that mad since 110, I think.

Can't wait for next week, looks like a good one.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:37 PM
Master Fan

I see your point, but you'd think that the last person he'd want to bring violence to (even if it is minimal) is the man he loves. Why, oh why, does CowLip go for the angry drama all the time?
Old 06-13-2004, 11:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I see your point, but you'd think that the last person he'd want to bring violence to (even if it is minimal) is the man he loves. :
You would think.

But no matter what...I hope it works out for the bestest.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:02 AM
Master Fan

It will. We have CowLip on our side, remember? Wait...maybe that's not a good thing.

What do you think about the preview for next week's ep?
Old 06-14-2004, 12:09 AM
Loyal Fan

It looks really good. I was reading what you had said in the other thread and you had said something about...um...hold on.

Quote:
I did raise an eyebrow when the scene of Justin and Mikey talking about Brian's "problem" came up. Especially after Brian said "don't tell anyone". Either Justin's IQ has dropped since s1, or (I'm hoping) that Brian told Mikey first, so it was therefore talkable between J/M. Ok, so I'm fetching...a girl can hope, can't she?!
And I was thinkin..what is she talking about? but then it dawned on me...I figured out what you were talking about. But I totally agree with you on that!

I can't wait to see what happens during that scene...when I first saw it, it reminded me of episode 2 season 2. When Justin couldn't have sex either....ok, I know its different, but still. Oh! and I thought Brian changed his above his bed to orange? Wasn't it blue in the previews?
Old 06-14-2004, 12:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Vintage
And I was thinkin..what is she talking about? but then it dawned on me...I figured out what you were talking about. But I totally agree with you on that!

Yeah, it'll probably be similar to the 202 scene. Hopefully with better lighting, though. As for the orange light, I don't think it was on. I think it was the regular lights, and the fact that Brian has blue sheets gives it a blue tone. I love that they didn't use the orange light, btw. 1) it'll be so much easier to cap, and 2) much more pleasurable to watch, imo.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:23 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yeah, it'll probably be similar to the 202 scene. Hopefully with better lighting, though. As for the orange light, I don't think it was on. I think it was the regular lights, and the fact that Brian has blue sheets gives it a blue tone. I love that they didn't use the orange light, btw. 1) it'll be so much easier to cap, and 2) much more pleasurable to watch, imo.

The light doesn't really matter to me, as long as I can whats goin on!

Brians loft looks too empty... What ever happened to that 'chair' ya know the one I'm talkin about.... You do right?
Old 06-14-2004, 12:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Brians loft looks too empty... What ever happened to that 'chair' ya know the one I'm talkin about.... You do right?
Yeah, I noticed that. It appears like Brian didn't take back all his furniture yet. He also has a different dining table. And that corner definitely needs the chaise again. **sob**
Old 06-14-2004, 12:39 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
And that corner definitely needs the chaise again. **sob**
I agree 100%.

Does Justin live with Daphne? He does right? Cause I was just wondering where the hell he's been staying at.

Do you really think that Justin would have given up on Brian so easily? Cause when Michael and Justin were talking, Justin said something about 'If Brian wants me out of his life, then I'll do that' or it was something like that, at the age of 19 my mind is slipping. I was just thinking he was just mad or something. Its just been bugging me.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Does Justin live with Daphne? He does right? Cause I was just wondering where the hell he's been staying at.

Do you really think that Justin would have given up on Brian so easily? Cause when Michael and Justin were talking, Justin said something about 'If Brian wants me out of his life, then I'll do that' or it was something like that, at the age of 19 my mind is slipping. I was just thinking he was just mad or something. Its just been bugging me.
Yes, he's still with Daphne. I think if Justin were to move in with Brian again they'd show us that change in their relationship.

Hmm, I don't know. I wouldn't have blamed him if he had. I mean, Brian threatened him with a restraining order and he seemed pretty serious. I doubt that he actually would have done it, but the fact that he was being so hateful towards Justin had to be horrible. And Justin shouldn't have to take it, no matter how sick Brian is.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Hmm, I don't know. I wouldn't have blamed him if he had. I mean, Brian threatened him with a restraining order and he seemed pretty serious. I doubt that he actually would have done it, but the fact that he was being so hateful towards Justin had to be horrible. And Justin shouldn't have to take it, no matter how sick Brian is.
Yeah... you're right.

Micheal was pretty much right when he was tellking Brian he was being *****ty to Justin, and just because he was sick doesn't give him a reason.

I did like that Brian came out and said that "He would have left sooner or later" I dunno why I liked that part.