Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2018, 05:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Exactly

Spoiler:

Hmm yeah I mean, I guess so. Maybe he was just playing.
Justin needed SOMETHIN'.

And you think Ethan's cockiness was an act? I definitely got the impression he was totally
Spoiler:

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 09-13-2018, 05:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)

Yeah, Jennifer was just terrified and had to direct her anger and fear somewhere. But it's so heartbreaking cause that's what Brian's been telling himself.
And the scene when Brian drops Justin off at home after the ‘It’s not your fault hug’ and Jennifer looks at him like he’s an animal and Brian closes his eyes and looks down. He knows Jennifer blames him.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlyn (View Post)
And the scene when Brian drops Justin off at home after the ‘It’s not your fault hug’ and Jennifer looks at him like he’s an animal and Brian closes his eyes and looks down. He knows Jennifer blames him.
Yes! OMG this poor man.

Old 09-14-2018, 06:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Justin needed SOMETHIN'.

And you think Ethan's cockiness was an act? I definitely got the impression he was totally
Spoiler:
A big SOMETHIN'

I think he was. Maybe it was a case of everyone telling him he was so good and him believing it. Or, he was simply just that
Spoiler:

Quote:
It breaks my heart because he didn't deserve it at all
Old 09-14-2018, 07:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
A big SOMETHIN'

I think he was. Maybe it was a case of everyone telling him he was so good and him believing it. Or, he was simply just that
Spoiler:

It breaks my heart because he didn't deserve it at all
I agree, people told him he was talented and it went to his head, as opposed to Brian's cockiness, which came about from his sense of shame and insecurity stemming from his loveless childhood.

Old 09-15-2018, 12:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I agree, people told him he was talented and it went to his head, as opposed to Brian's cockiness, which came about from his sense of shame and insecurity stemming from his loveless childhood.
Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself. They may have both been narcissistic but both in a completely different way.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:22 AM
Master Fan

I can't remember where we were talking about the "I love you" thing, but maybe it was this thread? Anyhoo, I rewatched that episode, and I can totally see why Dlyn thought there were 3 ILY's. But I think the third, when he's hugging Justin again, is just a frazzled exhale. It DOES kind of sound like he almost says it again. But I think there are just the two, and then he kind of wordlessly says it again with that embrace.

Oh, and can we talk about Jennifer's evolution of her opinion of Britin?! OMG. When Brian says that Justin turned down his proposal and she says, "I'm sorry that I won't get to be your mother-in-law." AHHH. And the look on Brian's face... like he would've had Debbie AND a loving mother-in-law. Wow. I don't think he'd even considered that, til that moment. And THEN Jennifer's reaction when Justin gives her the wedding invite, and she's all choked up and happy for him... So beautiful!! Even Jennifer fell for Brian Kinney!

Old 09-16-2018, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Brian definitely grew on her. Her response to the news he wouldn't be her son-in-law seemed genuine. She realizes that they have been through everything together.

The ILYs took my breath away.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 09-16-2018, 01:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I can't remember where we were talking about the "I love you" thing, but maybe it was this thread? Anyhoo, I rewatched that episode, and I can totally see why Dlyn thought there were 3 ILY's. But I think the third, when he's hugging Justin again, is just a frazzled exhale. It DOES kind of sound like he almost says it again. But I think there are just the two, and then he kind of wordlessly says it again with that embrace.

Oh, and can we talk about Jennifer's evolution of her opinion of Britin?! OMG. When Brian says that Justin turned down his proposal and she says, "I'm sorry that I won't get to be your mother-in-law." AHHH. And the look on Brian's face... like he would've had Debbie AND a loving mother-in-law. Wow. I don't think he'd even considered that, til that moment. And THEN Jennifer's reaction when Justin gives her the wedding invite, and she's all choked up and happy for him... So beautiful!! Even Jennifer fell for Brian Kinney!
So fun to try and figure out! You and I usually listen in headphones and I definitely think I hear more that way than without. (Lots of times I can hear the random conversation of the people in the background too). But if he does say the 3rd ILY I think it’s just the “love u” part and it’s on the exhale like you said. I like thinking he said it bc it’s like he can’t stop saying it once he’s started. Well it HAS been bottled up in there for a few years at least right~ haha!

I love how Jennifer seems to feel toward Brian at the end. That is such a sweet scene. You can tell he’s nervous as he tells her bc he thumps his fingers on the counter. The look on his face as she says that... you can tell he was touched. (Yes, Brian, you do deserve love and there ARE people who do see the goodness within you)
Old 09-17-2018, 05:58 AM
Extreme Fan

Aww yeah I love how Jennifer totally warmed to Brian. It went from "this Brian" to her being genuinely happy for them. Like everyone, I think she witnessed how much they both loved each other and also how Brian wasn't what he showed on the surface.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlyn (View Post)
So fun to try and figure out! You and I usually listen in headphones and I definitely think I hear more that way than without. (Lots of times I can hear the random conversation of the people in the background too). But if he does say the 3rd ILY I think it’s just the “love u” part and it’s on the exhale like you said. I like thinking he said it bc it’s like he can’t stop saying it once he’s started. Well it HAS been bottled up in there for a few years at least right~ haha!

I love how Jennifer seems to feel toward Brian at the end. That is such a sweet scene. You can tell he’s nervous as he tells her bc he thumps his fingers on the counter. The look on his face as she says that... you can tell he was touched. (Yes, Brian, you do deserve love and there ARE people who do see the goodness within you)
Yes, I LOVE watching the show with headphones and I totally prefer it to the TV now. And yes, I love hearing random background conversations and catching other things you don't at first! Hmm, maybe he does kind of say/breathe it like that. Haha he certainly HAS bottled it for a while.

He DOES definitely start saying "love" kinda like crazy for a while there. Like, he goes to the hospital and Debbie asks what Carl says and Brian's like, "Umm he says that he loves you," I was like WHOA BRIAN. Haha. And then Brian talking to Justin and saying "to prove to the person that I love how much I love him" and "I'm taking a chance on love". Homeboy totally embraced it.

Hmm I never considered him being nervous to tell her. I kinda thought it was him pausing for dramatic effect, and waiting to get a reaction from her, in true Brian tradition. I guess it would make sense that he's a bit nervous, though. And yes, I love all of Brian's reactions when he realizes and lets it actually sink in that people love him and care for him. And goodness, the whole thing about him deserving love... I'm so glad he finally figured that out.

Quote:
Brian definitely grew on her. Her response to the news he wouldn't be her son-in-law seemed genuine. She realizes that they have been through everything together.

The ILYs took my breath away.
And then her reaction when Justin gives her the wedding invite, and she chokes up because she's so happy.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yes, I LOVE watching the show with headphones and I totally prefer it to the TV now. And yes, I love hearing random background conversations and catching other things you don't at first! Hmm, maybe he does kind of say/breathe it like that. Haha he certainly HAS bottled it for a while.

He DOES definitely start saying "love" kinda like crazy for a while there. Like, he goes to the hospital and Debbie asks what Carl says and Brian's like, "Umm he says that he loves you," I was like WHOA BRIAN. Haha. And then Brian talking to Justin and saying "to prove to the person that I love how much I love him" and "I'm taking a chance on love". Homeboy totally embraced it.

Hmm I never considered him being nervous to tell her. I kinda thought it was him pausing for dramatic effect, and waiting to get a reaction from her, in true Brian tradition. I guess it would make sense that he's a bit nervous, though. And yes, I love all of Brian's reactions when he realizes and lets it actually sink in that people love him and care for him. And goodness, the whole thing about him deserving love... I'm so glad he finally figured that out.

And then her reaction when Justin gives her the wedding invite, and she chokes up because she's so happy.
I think this got me even more than the first ILY.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think this got me even more than the first ILY.
What kills me most is, "It's for my prince."

EVERY. Time.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:57 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
What kills me most is, "It's for my prince."

EVERY. Time.
Oh my It`s so
Old 09-19-2018, 07:08 AM
Master Fan

The cutest thing he's ever said.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top