Reply   Post New Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 03:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
I think she means Facebook
Hah!! Thanks. Didn't know that.

Quote:
That really is a good question I think a lot of plotholes would be closed and the fans really care about the storylines and characters .. I think most of those unendend plots are happening because there are differnet writers on every episoe without really getting some things the other ment to say
THAT'S an excellent point. WOW. It's almost impossible under those circumstances to keep continuity and character consistency unless there's an ironclad continuity bible and a storyboard from the first episode until at least the fifth season (of any show) hoping they make it to season 5.
brianitesince2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:38 AM
Communications Team
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianitesince2001 (View Post)
Oh. The QAF music is life changing. But, Netflix didn't buy the copyrights and had to change most of the songs. Most people - rightfully so - long for the original music. I do, too, but I'm accepting that some of the Netflix stuff is good. And I can't get those three lines out of my head. I cry every time.

Do you have favorite QAF songs?

You're in the UK? I'm sorry you don't have full access to the show. Did you watch QAF UK first? How did you get turned on to QAF US?
Whoever chose the music for the scenes is a genius
I have some favourite songs. I'll post my faves in the appropriate thread later on
I watched the UK version briefly after I watched a couple of episodes of the US one. I watched it at a friend's house. We watched some random episodes. She has them on dvd I haven't been there since to watch anymore and other times it's been random clips on YouTube.

Evie - 14 - 03 -2011 Fly away my beautiful angel
BlackSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 05:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSapphire (View Post)
Whoever chose the music for the scenes is a genius
I have some favourite songs. I'll post my faves in the appropriate thread later on
I watched the UK version briefly after I watched a couple of episodes of the US one. I watched it at a friend's house. We watched some random episodes. She has them on dvd I haven't been there since to watch anymore and other times it's been random clips on YouTube.
You're a devoted friend if you've come on the boards having not seen the entire series.

Are you a Brian, Justin or B/J fan?

Changing the subject...

I wish what Brian did or didn't do didn't have such symbolic meaning. I wish that, just for instance, in 215 when he got so jealous he peed on a pic of Rage that it was JUST that he got so jealous that he peed on a pic of Rage. Instead, he's literally AND figuratively peeing on Justin's artwork which made the statement that he didn't care about it. It said that he didn't respect Justin, his near permanent loss of even being able to produce that art, Justin's struggle to regain his abilities, and thus Brian was peeing on THEM as a couple.

OY, Brian. I love you so much. I know you're flawed, but what human isn't? It's just that sometimes the things you do carry SUCH weight and future consequences for Justin AND for yourself.

The above paragraph was me trying NOT to be a Brian apologist. I felt for Brian in 215. The jealousy he'd ALWAYS felt finally came to the fore. When he apologized he said it was vindictive. UGH, and it was. But, I think Brian grew. I think B/J grew b/c Justin accepted that apology and didn't try to stuff it back inside of Brian like Michael did. But, the act was committed. Brian peed on Justin's artwork.

A scene I find UNwatchable is the end of 408 when Brian kicks Justin out of the loft. I can't believe how he manhandles Justin and physically throws him out. BUT...in that whole arc I felt what Brian was feeling. Brian had no plan. It was so ridiculous it was pathetic. He expected to have Justin at his side, in his intimate living quarters, and NOT figure out something was wrong with Brian. Did Brian have any idea how he'd get thru radiation with Justin thinking something was up? NOPE. Brian didn't think. Brian just thought he could pull it off someway, somehow. He was too petrified of two things: cancer and Justin not loving him anymore.

I'm not excusing Brian for throwing out Justin. I'm just saying I FELT him throughout that entire storyline. There's no humor in my laughter here but LOL, OMG - did you hear Brian in Babylon when Justin convinces him to go home? He tells one of the "big losers" he's supposedly consoling something like, "guess you lose twice." HAH!! NO PLAN. BRIAN WAS GOING NOWHERE FAST BUT HE WOULD NOT CALL HIS OWN BLUFF.

(It reminds me of Casey Anthony when she lied to the police about working at Universal Studios in FL. The cops knew she was lying and they played her game to see how far she'd take it. She lied on the drive over there, in through the bldg, down the hall, and ONLY stopped lying when they stood in front of where her office was supposed to be and there was no office with her name on it. She ran out of real estate and had to come clean. But she ran the bluff as long as she could.) AND, NO. I'M NOT COMPARING BRIAN TO CASEY ANTHONY'S PSYCHOTIC WAYS. I'm saying he was going to bluff his way right into the backroom if Justin didn't remove him from the scene.

So, I understood and FELT the fury on Brian's face when Michael told him Justin knew. And, everybody's going to hate me for this one, I understood wanting to make the preemptive strike. I DESPISED THAT IT WAS CRUEL AND PHYSICAL. And, I achingly wished he could feel secure enough to let Justin in on this thing from the beginning. But, I understood Brian wanting to rid himself of potential pity and sympathy by the love of his life who, in Brian's mind, was going to leave Brian anyway.

You're killing me, Brian!! So, I'm not a Brian apologist. But, I can feel where he's coming from many times. And many times those feelings are ill expressed and wind up really, really hurting Justin and his relationship with Justin.

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-06-2017 at 03:49 PM
Old 11-06-2017, 02:42 PM
Communications Team
Moderator Support Team

I do my best to help the girls and I'm just a big fan from what I have seen so far. I'm really digging brian and Justin and their chemistry. I'm still studying the depth to their love and the connection between them

You mean he actually physically removed him from there??!! wow...

Evie - 14 - 03 -2011 Fly away my beautiful angel
BlackSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 03:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSapphire (View Post)
I do my best to help the girls and I'm just a big fan from what I have seen so far. I'm really digging brian and Justin and their chemistry. I'm still studying the depth to their love and the connection between them

You mean he actually physically removed him from there??!! wow...
Vicki, it was awful. I'm going to go on YT and try to find the scene for you. It's the very end of 408.

Brian was so terrified on so many levels. His youth was passing before him because having cancer tends to make you feel that way. He no longer felt beautiful. His masculinity was LITERALLY being attacked. He was facing mortality. He didn't tell ANYBODY so he was going through it alone. And, the thing that scared him most of all was that if Justin ever found out Justin would not love him anymore and would leave him. OH! And to top it all off he's having visions/dreams/nightmares of Vic and Vic's telling him he better change his ways. Vic told Brian Brian's become EVERYTHING Brian ever feared being: a diseased old queen.

In the next episode Michael tries to make things right btwn B/J. He tells Justin something like. You've read the Kinney Manual. He's put all his eggs in one basket, so to speak. He figures once he's lost that, what's he got?

Again, my heart broke for Brian. Brian doesn't think he has much to offer Justin except material and physical things. Justin's young, has his health, so Brian's thinking why would Justin stick around?

Back to 408:

So, Justin accidentally finds out thru a voice msg on the phone from a doctor who just performed the surgery. Brian was in the shower so didn't know Justin heard it. Justin tells Michael b/c Justin's worried. Justin wants to tell Brian he knows. Michael stops him and says they both have to honor Brian's wishes.

THEN, during one of Michael and Brian's stoner reminiscing turdtaculors Michael starts crying and spills the beans. And, this is after Justin's been LIVING with Brian and pretending he doesn't know. So, Michael tells Brian that HE knows. Brian's cool with that. He hugs Michael and comforts him. (Great Mikey. Brian's the sick one and he has to comfort YOU. Because it is all about you. But, I digress.)

Now, Brian's in such complete and total NON-THINKING MODE throughout this entire ordeal (regarding how he's going to get this by Justin and by his employees) that he didn't even wonder how Michael could possibly have found out. Brian's just stopped thinking. He's too fatigued. He's still in shock that it's happening and he's too petrified of the cancer and losing Justin. He's just on autopilot. So, therefore, he just accepted it and kept hugging Michael. Then, Michael tells Brian that Justin's the one who told him. IMMEDIATELY, Brian stiff arms Michael to get himself out of the hug.

Brian was madder than I'd EVER seen him (and bravo, Gale, b/c it was ALL in Brian's face. He just sat there with his hand over his mouth, eyes BLAZING and slowly shook his head from side to side. WHOA!!!) until the scene later in that ep where he kicked Justin out. ALL of Brian's fears turned to anger. At himself, at the disease, at his insecurities, but mostly, at Justin. Justin ruined his extremely poorly thought out (there WAS no thought) plan to keep Justin in the dark so he and Justin could continue their relationship and Justin wouldn't stop loving him and leave him. Justin ruined this.

So, *sigh* Brian had to end it with Justin before Justin could end it with him. But, this wasn't Brian's MO of throwing somebody off the cliff for that person's own good. This was true fury and rage - directed at Justin. He was beyond pissed that Justin found out and therefore (in Brian's mind) ruined their chance at happiness and a future. It was a preemptive strike but it was to protect himself from being rejected for his flawed, diseased, and aging body. How dare Justin do that.

And, yes. It was physical. But, before that, when Justin wasn't even there yet, Brian just sat in silence twirling a cigarette working the tobacco out of it.

He looked possessed. So, he hears the loft door open. He doesn't move, except for the twirling cigarette...and his eyes. His eyes just looked up. But it was a profile shot. It was spooky how angry he was. I don't know if you've ever seen The Shining, but his eyes in that moment reminded me of how Jack Nicholson looked when he was at the peak of his possession.

Justin comes over unassuming, puts some DVDs on the table and sits down next to Brian. Brian starts off staring Justin down. Again, the anger was palpable. Then, he speaks in a barely audible whisper, never taking his eyes off Justin, never blinking. "Whaddja bring? Terms of Endearment? Love Story? My Boyfriend has Cancer?" And just as the word 'cancer' comes out of his mouth he throws the DVDs across the room. He looks straight ahead, takes his right thumb and swipes the side of his nose (when I grew up in New Jersey whenever the Italians [I'm Italian so I can say this] swiped their noses like that it meant fury and a fight.) Because I'd seen that before when Brian did it I got chills all over my body. I thought he was going to punch Justin and knock him out right there.

But, he stood up. Then, that silent whisper became a yell and almost a scream. Justin asked why Brian didn't tell him. "MAYBE BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT YOU TO KNOW." He walks over and starts collecting the DVDs from the floor. "OR MAYBE BECAUSE IT'S NONE OF YOUR F---ING BUSINESS!! Justin said they're partners. Brian says almost yelling but not quite, "Not anymore. I don't want you here. Get out." Justin protests.

Brian is practically running. He grabs the DVDs, Justin's bag, and Justin's trotting behind him saying, "Brian, I love you and I want to help you."

Brian's at the door now. He yells "Get the f--- out!!" Justin tries to say something. Brian practically screams, "I SAID GET THE F--- OUT!!! Opens the door, violently pushes Justin out and throws the DVDs out after him. Then slams the door shut. We see Justin just standing there in the hall. Shocked, pissed.

IT WAS SO AWFUL. IT'S UNWATCHABLE. I cringe. I watch with my hands over my eyes.

I found it on you tube but I don't have access to it. I looked up QAF 408. The video said, "what did you bring? Terms of Endearment?"

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-06-2017 at 06:50 PM
Old 11-08-2017, 02:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

Can anybody figure out what Brian's doing with his arms in the make-up scene at the end of 308?

First I thought he was unbuckling his belt but his hands were down at his side for the whole sequence.

Any guesses?

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-08-2017 at 05:01 PM
Old 11-08-2017, 03:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

hmm... putting on a condom?
Old 11-08-2017, 06:12 AM
Moderator Manager
MST Manager

Either that...or he's touching. He hadn't done that in 9 episodes.
Join us for a *NEW* Queer As Folk Series Rewatch...Now Watching Episode 1.05
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:46 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
true true
Old 11-08-2017, 09:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

Per a current discussion of WHAT'S GOING ON during certain sex scenes: I thought it was mutual. But I think Brian's got both of them, if you know what I mean.

Quote:

Touching? Stupidly, I don't know what that means.

And, whaddya mean he hasn't done that in nine episodes??? He was "touching" in 220?

Give me that episode number!!! LOL

I watch those scenes all the time. What am I missing??? YOU'RE the one who made me see Justin's leg force Brian's in 404. So, pleeeease let me in on your secrets!!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was just watching one of Daggi's vids and it seemed as if Justin was seeing Brian as the bad boy he is and contemplating whether Brian's the right path for Justin or not.

I moved over to this thread b/c I didn't want to clog up the fanvid thread with my thoughts.

There are so many instances after season one where - is it Justin? - is it Randy? - one of them is almost cold towards Brian. NOW THAT I CAN POST PICS I'M GOING TO DO JUST THAT!! Notice the space that Justin leaves between him and Brian and notice there's NO space between Brian and him.

OY!! OK - it's not working. I was trying to show the promotional images of FIRST Justin looking straight ahead, eyes open, and Brian against his face from the side with his eyes closed looking to be in agony.

Then, Brian's straight ahead, eyes closed because he's still feeling angst, and Justin's up against Brian's head from the side. Justin's got space between his head and Brian's.

You all know these two images, yes??

So, that's my take on B/J. Brian's always leaning towards Justin, touching his hair, following Justin with his gaze, etc. Justin doesn't do any of that. Every once in a while Justin massages Brian shoulders.

That's also my take on Gale and Randy. I WISH I remembered the article so I could post the link. I BELIEVE it was when they were filming. Gale mentions at least three times that he's so appreciative to work with somebody like Randy. Randy doesn't mention Gale once. Randy says he wants Justin to top Brian b/c he's never seen such a hetero-normative relationship where one person has all the power.

So, a poster (not on this board) says, and I laughed really hard b/c she nailed it, "Yup. That's Randy. Gale's caring and concerned about how Randy feels and how appreciative he is to be working with Randy. And Randy wants Justin to f--- Brian."

So, who knows if this is Justin or Randy? And, please believe me. I understand how hard it was on Randy internally AND with all the invasive fans. But, whatever the reason, Justin's sometimes awkwardness and sorry to put it this way but "coldness" towards Brian does two things to me: it increases my angst for Brian b/c I feel like Brian loves Justin sooooo much more than Justin loves Brian, and secondly, it increases my need to suspend my disbelief because Randy pulls me out of the scene with his awkwardness.

By the time 513 rolls around IN THE STORY Justin should in no way, shape or form be uncomfortable and awkward. But, Randy, bless him, can't help it. When they're trying on tuxes, after ALL the years they spent together and Brian's admitted his love AND they're getting MARRIED, as in FOR LIFE, Randy/Justin doesn't know what to do with his hand when they're kissing in front of the mirror.

And, just as Gale brings about 50 dimensions to Brian that wasn't written, Randy also brings dimensions to Justin. Did they write Justin to be hesitant and awkward? If this were another actor who was more sure of himself and hadn't gone thought what Randy did would we NOT be questioning Justin's love? Or did the writers write it so Randy had to bring this into Justin's character b/c the writers MEANT for us to be questioning how Justin really feels about Brian????

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-09-2017 at 04:11 PM
Old 11-09-2017, 04:16 PM
Moderator Manager
MST Manager

That was a veeerry awkwardly shot scene. But yeah...I guess it would have had to be a mutual h/j thingy.
Join us for a *NEW* Queer As Folk Series Rewatch...Now Watching Episode 1.05
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
That was a veeerry awkwardly shot scene. But yeah...I guess it would have had to be a mutual h/j thingy.
I thought it was mutual but if you look Justin's hands are elsewhere. I think Brian's taking care of both of them simultaneously. B/J''s faces are telling us they're BOTH feeling good!

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-09-2017 at 04:54 PM
Old 11-10-2017, 02:58 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianitesince2001 (View Post)
I thought it was mutual but if you look Justin's hands are elsewhere. I think Brian's taking care of both of them simultaneously. B/J''s faces are telling us they're BOTH feeling good!
they sure are having both a very good time
Old 11-10-2017, 03:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
they sure are having both a very good time
Yeah. And the face to face thing has me a little hot and a lot intrigued!! LOL
Old 11-12-2017, 01:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Given last night's group discussion of 105 and Brian's childhood abuse, physically, verbally, and sexually I think he did the best he could with Justin.

In season one though I believe it was love at first sight for Brian LOVE was such an alien concept to him that he couldn't process it. And, who WOULD be able to if there were no loving role models to learn from?

He made some serious mistakes in every season (as did Justin) but he's human and my God, this man could've easily become Jack Kinney. And, he didn't.

I'm quite amazed at how loving Brian IS. He's touchy-feely, he's generous, his affection and love are all over his face. And, he's fiercely protective of his loved ones. He doesn't want them to experience what he did.

SWADDLING!! HUGGING!!
Reply   Post New Thread