Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2017, 10:46 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
I think none of us is happy with that ending... and never will be satisfied with it.. the message would have been the same with them being happy too..
Unfortunately writers had different opinion.
Old 08-05-2017, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

sometimes they should let the fans do the writing

icon by Daggi
Old 08-05-2017, 11:46 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
sometimes they should let the fans do the writing
Yes, that would be amazing.
But I heard them in one convention specifically say that they write their characters as they feel them they would evolve, meaning they know them the best because they spent so much time with them, and dont consider what fans think, wont adapt them to fans ideas.
I actually think fans might know the characters better then them
But when I heard this from Cowlip its what made me fear of potential reboot, because i showed our wish would not be at all priority for them.
Old 08-05-2017, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I think fans do taht too but they evolve their imaginations in different ways

you are right, they might know the characters better then the original writers

icon by Daggi
Old 08-06-2017, 03:31 AM
Ultimate Fan

I think we do know the characters as well. I know they had some ultimate goal they were thinking about but I don't know if they got it quite right with these two.

Like I said everyone else got someone - I thought after Ted saw Blake again that Emmett would be left alone as well and that not everyone would be paired off - that would have been more real life - not everyone has a partner but the only ones not together were the main characters that made the show, that everyone supported and loved and we got the big oh we love each other but we're not together.

Well I can't change it in real life, which is why you keep telling me we have fanfics so we can write stories we like
Old 08-06-2017, 03:55 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Unfortunately it seems both wrriters and actors had preference for bittersweet endings. I know we have to differentiate between actors and characters they play, but it still made me quiet hopeless when I heard both Randy and Gale did not think Brian and Justin are together,as they had to know them quiet well.
It somehow made me sad that they did not believe in the uniqueness of Brian and Justins love.
Probably its because men are more realistic, while women more romantic and idealistic.
Old 08-06-2017, 04:12 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
Unfortunately it seems both wrriters and actors had preference for bittersweet endings. I know we have to differentiate between actors and characters they play, but it still made me quiet hopeless when I heard both Randy and Gale did not think Brian and Justin are together,as they had to know them quiet well.
It somehow made me sad that they did not believe in the uniqueness of Brian and Justins love.
Probably its because men are more realistic, while women more romantic and idealistic.
I found it sad a bit when I heard Randy say (I still haven't seen or read where Gale said he thought they should be apart - if anyone knows where I can find that I'd like to see it ) he thought it would be good for Justin to go and spread his wings and he had started out so young with Brian but it also made it a little easier for me to accept the ending cause I thought well if Randy thought it was ok then I can deal with it too. But then I think about it and think I am not happy with the ending.

I think you are right though Sia - woman are more romantic and fantasy wanting
Old 08-06-2017, 04:20 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
I found it sad a bit when I heard Randy say (I still haven't seen or read where Gale said he thought they should be apart - if anyone knows where I can find that I'd like to see it ) he thought it would be good for Justin to go and spread his wings and he had started out so young with Brian but it also made it a little easier for me to accept the ending cause I thought well if Randy thought it was ok then I can deal with it too. But then I think about it and think I am not happy with the ending.

I think you are right though Sia - woman are more romantic and fantasy wanting
Yeah, I would be ok with Randy saying Justin had to spread the wings (because that would mean he can still come back to Brian), but then somewhere he said he is married to some NY millionaire or something like that, which made return to Brian almost impossible.
I am simply bit sad that he thought someone else could replace Brian in his life so easily, because I considered their love to be unique and eternal.
Gale said in one interview he thinks Brian is way way down now, I will post the link here and on some convention I heard him he backed Randy with his opinion.

Here is the interview, from min 50:

He does not say specifically Brian is not with Justin, but what he says suggests he thinks they are not together, and Brian either manages to do well in life without Justin or he is deep in depression, which he considers more probable.

Once Randy even said he thinks Justin is dead now and Gale finished it by saying he has his urn in the back of his car. Thats was quiet morbid.

I know all this is just actors opinion and they said many things maybe because they wanted also to move on, but it still makes me sad :-)

Last edited by Sia; 08-06-2017 at 04:31 AM
Old 08-06-2017, 04:27 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
Yeah, I would be ok with Randy saying Justin had to spread the wings (because that would mean he can still come back to Brian), but then somewhere he said he is married to some NY millionaire or something like that, which made return to Brian almost impossible.
I am simply bit sad that he thought someone else could replace Brian in his life so easily, because I considered their love to be unique and eternal.
Gale said in one interview he thinks Brian is way way down now, I will post the link here and on some convention I heard him he backed Randy with his opinion.

Once Randy even said he thinks Justin is dead now and Gale finished it by saying he has his urn in the back of his car. Thats was quiet morbid.
I've never heard any of those comments - I wonder if he said all of those seriously or if he just gets sick of people asking about it all time and says different things all the time.
Old 08-06-2017, 04:35 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
I've never heard any of those comments - I wonder if he said all of those seriously or if he just gets sick of people asking about it all time and says different things all the time.
Yeah thats possible. After one reunion fans were really unhappy about what he said so he refused to answer the same question during some next meeting or interview to avoid fans disapproval which means he would probably say the same thing that B and J are not together
He has to be really convinced that they are not together, otherwise and even for his own sake , he would probably say Justin and Brian returned to each other
Old 08-06-2017, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you, thank you for all of this. This is why I love fanfic...most of it is so much more hopeful.

So...

"How was your flight?"

Old 08-06-2017, 08:39 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Thank you, thank you for all of this. This is why I love fanfic...most of it is so much more hopeful.

So...

"How was your flight?"

Love this, Justin is so beautiful in this scene with his big smile
Do you know, maybe, if both Randy and Gale would rewatch the whole series from s1 to s5 they would change their opinion about future of their characters. Because they never saw the whole series, I heard Randy stopped watching it after s2 or something. SO they even dont know how it felt watching them.
Old 08-06-2017, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

I guess he was just tired. I remember hearing them say something like the sex became too much. Something like it took away from the story. I agree that keeping their relationship seemingly based on sex, was a disservice to the characters. Of course...I love the sex.
Old 08-06-2017, 08:50 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I guess he was just tired. I remember hearing them say something like the sex became too much. Something like it took away from the story. I agree that keeping their relationship seemingly based on sex, was a disservice to the characters. Of course...I love the sex.
Interesting, because I just mentioned in another thread of season 2, that I would love the series and B and J relationshiop same way even if there was less sex. I also love their sex scenes but its not only thing that makes up their relationship and due to too much sex it was stereotyped by some as such and we were deprived of other character evolution. They should have kept sex but add other things too.
So I agree with Randy.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I agree, although I love all the sex scenes.. who wouldn't , their characters would have been perfect with a little bit more then just sex the sex

And I almost agree to all those answers they gave fans.. I really guess they got tired at one point of being asked the same thing on and on, and they started to make up stories like the one with the unr

so Justin coming home and finding Brian like that Itt almost seems he expected to find Brian that way .. impressive that Brian wasn't lost so deep at this moment not to have smalltalk with his favourite blond

icon by Daggi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread