Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2017, 12:55 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
I agree - compromise can be a sacrifice but if you love someone sometimes you do that and sometimes the other person does it and you work together to try and make each other happy and grow together - it's not always a bad thing unless it's only one person who is sacrificing and compromising for the other and the other never does.
Yeah, I agree and thing is no human relationship can exist without some sort of sacrifice, however small it can be. Only if person would decide to live completely alone on some isolated island.
And even in the end they sacrificed. Brian sacrificed his own hapiness and let Justin go.I believe it was much bigger sacrifice for him than sacrificying his lifestyle of promiscuous club boy which he was not even attracted to anymore as much as before.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:09 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
Yeah, I agree and thing is no human relationship can exist without some sort of sacrifice, however small it can be. Only if person would decide to live completely alone on some isolated island.
And even in the end they sacrificed. Brian sacrificed his own hapiness and let Justin go.I believe it was much bigger sacrifice for him than sacrificying his lifestyle of promiscuous club boy which he was not even attracted to anymore as much as before.
Exactly Brian finally finally saw he was in love and sacrificed that to let Justin go and paint (which I agree he could've done in Pittsburg )

If Cowlip do think that I don't know how they have stayed together for as long as they have or written and produced as much as they have if they have never compromised or sacrificed for each other. Although thinking about it I don't think they compromised this storyline even though it wasn't right (according to most of us) or for the actors and the actors were unhappy as well.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:18 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Exactly Brian finally finally saw he was in love and sacrificed that to let Justin go and paint (which I agree he could've done in Pittsburg )

If Cowlip do think that I don't know how they have stayed together for as long as they have or written and produced as much as they have if they have never compromised or sacrificed for each other. Although thinking about it I don't think they compromised this storyline even though it wasn't right (according to most of us) or for the actors and the actors were unhappy as well.
Thats exactly what I was thinking about frequently, and I believe they knew value of sacrifice and compromise in personal relationship. But I think the reason thry did not apply it to Brian and Justin is that they did not identify themselves with them, for them Brian was this tragic hero who has to constantly suffer through his life and will never be able to find real peace of mind. Because thats the destiny of tragic heroes
Old 09-04-2017, 01:21 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
Thats exactly what I was thinking about frequently, and I believe they knew value of sacrifice and compromise in personal relationship. But I think the reason thry did not apply it to Brian and Justin is that they did not identify themselves with them, for them Brian was this tragic hero who has to constantly suffer through his life and will never be able to find real peace of mind. Because thats the destiny of tragic heroes
I still don't get why it had to be a tragedy - yes that happens in life and I know you have said before about Brian being an icon and having meaning about the gay people and movement but surely they could've somehow else shown this message. That's why if they did the show today they would have to think about it I guess as a lot has changed in 12 years. I know there is still more to go but it's not like it was 12 years ago either. Sometimes positivity and hope is good too - not tragedy
Old 09-04-2017, 06:06 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I still don't get why it had to be a tragedy - yes that happens in life and I know you have said before about Brian being an icon and having meaning about the gay people and movement but surely they could've somehow else shown this message. That's why if they did the show today they would have to think about it I guess as a lot has changed in 12 years. I know there is still more to go but it's not like it was 12 years ago either. Sometimes positivity and hope is good too - not tragedy
I completely agree. Bittersweet end has huge impact usually but sometimes positivity and hope gives people much more in long run, and can motivate people much more.
You know truth is that certainly Cowlip knew the end they chose would create huge controversy, they had to suspect it at least.
And the end they chose achieved following - people are talking about it and discussing the end even 12 years after the show. And mainly it motivated hundreds of fans to start writing fanfictions and some amazing pieces were created. This probably would not have happened without such bittersweet end.
But the huge amounts of fanfictions and need for real happyend and closure for this beautiful couple just shows what everybody or at least most people desire, yearn for and I would never stop regretting that Cowlip decided to prioritize their political convictions etc. and sacrifice the fate of most amazing love story ever in history of humankind
Old 09-04-2017, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Brian avoided love like the plague before because he knew what it could do to someone. The problem is that sometimes love comes in different assortments, some of it's bitter, some of it's sweet. He didn't want to experience all those intense emotions (hence his eff once only policy) because he knew it wouldn't be a walk in the park. Brian fell deeply in love anyway and got hurt in the end. But it did prove to be a learning experience I'm sure that stuck with him.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 09-04-2017, 11:05 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Brian avoided love like the plague before because he knew what it could do to someone. The problem is that sometimes love comes in different assortments, some of it's bitter, some of it's sweet. He didn't want to experience all those intense emotions (hence his eff once only policy) because he knew it wouldn't be a walk in the park. Brian fell deeply in love anyway and got hurt in the end. But it did prove to be a learning experience I'm sure that stuck with him.
Yeah, he prefered to stay in his secure shell but he risked it all
I am crying right now thinking how devastated he was left alone in complete end
But I understand him in his attempt to try to avoid falling in love. Sometimes we can get hurt so much that we better avoid it. But we know thats not the longterm solution, to let fear govern our lifes. In the end love still has to win no matter how much risky it might be. But to stay and live in fear equals early death.
So yes, Brian was hurt in the end but I believe it was still better for him than to never conquer his fears.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Brian has been hurt so many times, but he was always seen as the jerk without any propensity to feel when he probably felt the most.

Old 09-08-2017, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

He wasn't treated like he deserved very often, and I think his friends were so used to see the jerk in him, that they mostly didn't bother anymore to look behind his facade.. Justin was a newbie in the gang.. he still was curious enough tö look inside

icon by Daggi
Old 09-08-2017, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I agree, Daggi. They did not see him being vulnerable all the time. His friends only saw what they wanted to see, and took it for granted.

Old 09-09-2017, 06:59 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Brian loved to stroke Justins hair

to the previous discussion: Its really sad how sometimes people are stereotyped into certain kind of behaviour and even if they change or behave differently or try to be better, its discarded by the others. It happens in real life.
And as you said luckily Justin was the fresh air who was did not have any prejudice towards Brian and saw beneath all the protective layers Brian created and mainly did not let Brian to bull**** him like many of his friends did.
Old 09-09-2017, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Brian definitely showed signs of having a hair fetish, but only for his Sunshine.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Brian definitely showed signs of having a hair fetish, but only for his Sunshine.
taht is true he loved to play with Justins longer hair and to grab it we never see him do that with someone else

icon by Daggi
Old 09-11-2017, 07:42 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Some interesting facial expressions of Brian and Justin

Old 09-11-2017, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I love Brians expression on the one down left ..

You where really bussy looking for all thos expressions and you found sime really good ones

icon by Daggi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread